Thread: Neon SRT-4 needing work

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor j4278h's Avatar

Neon SRT-4 needing work

Date: 06th January 2014
    Username: j4278h
    Full Name:
    City, State, Zip:
    Selling or Wanted Price: under $3000

Description: Looking for a clean body/title srt-4. Can have bad or missing engine or transmission. Could also be missing the seats and wheels.

Looking to put some spare parts to use.

Re: Neon SRT-4 needing work

Still looking.
    Dear god the amount of fast and furious retards that think a blown engine, rebuilt title, 200k mile is worth 4-5k is making me sick.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by j4278h View Post
    Still looking.
    Dear god the amount of fast and furious retards that think a blown engine, rebuilt title, 200k mile is worth 4-5k is making me sick.
    thats just so freaking funny but true .i don't think i laughed that hard from that one comment in a while

Got another great interaction with the F&F idiots. Another guy listing one needing engine work for reasonable price. He completely refuses to give me any address to where the car is. He wants me to drive 300 miles one way with just vague direction of get to this town and call me. Not only has he been extremely difficult to get a hold of during this attempt to purchase the car but his # comes back with zero history.

This is the final straw. I am done looking for one.

Garrett booster

I was thinking of getting one, but the same issue plagues most of the srt's here as well. There's one here asking $8k with minimal mods (his terminology), not sure I would agree. Of course at the end of his CL ad he posts " salvage title" only because of minor fender bender years ago. If it was so minor, why was the car totalled? Another smashed up and won't run due to " ignition" problem for $5k. I'm sure the engine is blown just by looking at how careful the owner was with the exterior The outside of the car is dented on all 4 corners and hood.

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

There are a few groups on facebook for SRT-4 cars and parts for sale if that helps at all.

Of course, if you don't care about the drivetrain, interior, or wheels, why not just look for any 2nd gen Neon?
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

just found this one on CL:

minor damage, car went into a ditch, bring forklift to flip over. mint interior. all stock except for auto trans and 21 inch wheels. might need repaint. 4500.00 OBO

Quote Originally Posted by contraption22 View Post
    There are a few groups on facebook for SRT-4 cars and parts for sale if that helps at all.

Of course, if you don't care about the drivetrain, interior, or wheels, why not just look for any 2nd gen Neon?
    One of these circle jerk jobs has been from one of the srt-4 facebook groups.

I have been looking for an srt needing work because one I start piecing the hood,front bumper, engine wiring, computer and other small misc items I don't have and it SHOULD be easier and cheaper to get whole car.

I just purchased some parts from one of those circle jerkers. Price seemed too good to be true for new mopar parts. Hope it works out.
    Mike Marra
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by contraption22 View Post
    I just purchased some parts from one of those circle jerkers. Price seemed too good to be true for new mopar parts. Hope it works out.
    I'm sure there are plenty of good people to deal with in those groups but I haven't had the luck to deal with one yet.

Just getting tired of going to look at supposed clean 90k cars only to find out title has 240k on it and that its a rebuilt/salvage title. Or "NO RUST" means there is only this 2ftx2fx section that has no rust, the rest of the car looks like it has been submerged in salt water bath for the last 5 years.

Buy from out west. It's worth the travel or transport expense compared to fixing what brine solution is doing to snow belt cars.
    Mike Marra
    Project Log:

agreed, the west has no rust issues (mostly) just sun rot.

Garrett booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

FB forum: https://www.facebook.com/groups/377005099009990/

https://www.facebook.com/ryan.fragat...7005099009990/

COMPLETE ROLLING SHELL
    05 Srt-4 Flame red
    Clean MA title in Hand. 55k original miles no accidents!
    Sunroof/ viper seats.
    really clean interior/exterior. no rust or dents.
    Aftermarket parts on the car:
    Carbon fiber hood, tein lowering springs and black housing headlights. Wingless trunklid no holes, shaved front bumpers with crosshairs removed done at body shop.
    complete exterior and interior are there. engine harness and all fuel lines are there. engine mounts, radiator,brakes, suspension etc.
    What it needs:
    DRIVETRAIN. complete engine and tranny, exhaust system.
    Heater core might be bad not 100 percent sure but I will include a new one with the car.
    MY asking price is $3,500 or best reasonable offer. cash talks but im not going much lower.
    KBB value on the car private party is $9,000. So someone can flip this car for a good profit after getting it running or just have a low miles clean srt-4 for cheap money.
    Located in Westport MA

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor Turbo Joe's Avatar

westport ma is like 10 min or so from me.. i could go check it out for you if your interested in it? i want to get one myself one day but right now no... so no biggie for me to help ya out.
    Turbo Joe
    ----------------------- 87 CSX #175 TIII powered, MegaSquirt3 Pro Ultimate, GTX3076R, Turbo Joe header, Lengel intake, Menegon ported head, the list goes on

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Joe View Post
    i could go check it out for you if your interested in it? i want to get one myself one day but right now no... so no biggie for me to help ya out.
    thanks for the offer on that. I will pass on that one because of the carbon hood, bogered front bumper cover and wrong trunk lid.

Quote Originally Posted by tommyturbo View Post

already have a pt turbo as the wife's daily driver, not looking for another one.

turbo addict

Selling Dodge Neon Srt 4.
    Vehicle is in good condition. Runs great. Has 123000 miles. Silver color.
    Salvage title. Manual transmission No problems with the car.
    Asking for $5500 or better offer. Call/ text show contact info or show contact info if interested.
    On Orange County calif Craig's list
    Great stuff for great cars! Poly engine mounts and bushings at: http://www.polybushings.com

Garrett booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Here is another I found:

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/4434945732.html

Good Luck!