Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920

Thread: Sdac 24?

Re: Sdac 24?

Quote Originally Posted by Mightymopar View Post
    Yep those are the 3 ^^ I believe 209 is in the middel.

Had a blast meeting everyone, and some awesome cars were there. Loved the blue Dodge "Omlet" (Omni) that was shortned. Very cool looking.

*to a post above* - I didnt notice your 87' GLHS there with the exhaust exiting the middle, sorry.

Congrats on the 87' GLHS guys who got awards, Dr Mikes was pretty clean. Minigts, yours looks better in person then in pictures! (love the paint)
    Thank man! Amazingly the paint has seen better days but even after a good wash it doesn't look too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by iTurbo View Post
    Had a great time at my first SDAC ever! I went with my Dad and I was the guy wearing the arm splint. I had to leave Sunday afternoon unfortunately. It was great to meet some of you guys in person finally!

It was amazing seeing so many turbo Mopars in one place, especially since I live in Wyoming and never see much. There were like 12 '89 CSX cars there!! I was kinda surprised there was only one '87 CSX and one '87 Shelby Lancer though.

My Dad says his favorite car there was the AWESOME black Lebaron TIII convertible or maybe the black Plymouth Reliant wagon with the beautiful black paint job and TII conversion. I really enjoyed seeing Adam Lengel's Omni GLH, Larry's RWD Sundance, Todd Nelson's incredibly done '88 CSX-T..... but the list goes on and on. I was in turbo Mopar heaven the whole time. There was also a guy with a blue GLH Turbo that had been restored and brought back from the dead that my dad and I were both really impressed by.

I gotta say though, the highlight of the whole trip for me was the ride I got in Jackson's green IROC R/T. Right before I had to leave after the car show he made time to give me a ride in it. It was a combination of pure exhilaration, scared shitless, and laughing my --- off while it spun the tires all the way up to 130+ MPH. Fastest car I have ever been in by far! Thanks for the ride and showing me what a TIII is really capable of Jackson.

All in all, it was a very humbling and inspiring experience. So many great cars, incredible workmanship and dedication going into these cars....in a lot of cases far more than I am capable of. I'm already wondering what car/project to bring next year and hope like hell I can bring something a lot more exciting than a stock Caliber SRT-4.
    Jeremy it was great meeting you and talking for a bit. Definitely make it a point to come next year and put the Caliber to the test or whatever you have in the works. Time flies by when we're there, but we have such a great time meeting back up with old friends and meeting new ones. If you had fun at this SDAC, the next ones get even better.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

turbo addict

I am still on my drive home, made it to Colorado.

i had a Great time. I did not come as a vender to sell stuff this time. I came to just be there.
    to enjoy the cars, to enjoy talking to everyone. Seems like time flew by did not get to talk
    To as many as I wanted to. To put faces with names.

I hope to come again in the next couple years!!!
    i really enjoy road trips, so it's half the fun. Being at SDAC is such a plus!

johnny
    Great stuff for great cars! Poly engine mounts and bushings at: http://www.polybushings.com

turbo addict

Matchbox was running perfect....until I filled up with a 10% alcohol blend. Ten miles later it was hard to start and ran like crap. Sounded mean though, as if it had a huge cam...but nearly a full second compared to Indy a few days earlier. The worst thing is that instead of being .02 from pass to pass it a full THREE TENTHS! I just am not worth a crap unless I have a consistent car...lost round 2 in brackets to a kid in a black Spirit that was sawing the tree down! Thought I had the turtle race figured out...left as normal and immediately shifted into high at 3000 rpm then stayed at 65 mph...then lifted at the mph light before the finish line. Last two practice laps were 20.04 and 20.17. Car went a 19.44 on the brakes and led the other guy across the line by a ton.

When I left Wednesday I stopped at a small speed shop S of Chicago to check out a Z28 like my 10 second one and the owner started talking about Matchbox, asking about just how big the cam was. I told him of my problems...opened the hood...and he immediately saw that the vacuum port on the isolator under the carb had no cap on it. I did not see it since it was under the pvc hose...I R AN IDIOT! He grabbed a cap and it was running like a sewing machine!
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]47 Time NHRA/IHRA drag race champ-----84 Plymouth Horizon/1 of 84 HO equipped from the factory/1910 lbs, 2.5 with carb, nearly 315,000 miles-----04 SRT4/S2 with S3 turbo/12.17 @ 119/DOTs/93 Octane/SOLD-----2003 PT Cruiser GT, won a True Street class at the 2017 National Muscle Car Association World Street Finals-----2010 Toyota Prius/my delivery truck, 77.9 mpg best and NOT A PLUG IN, nearly 230,000 miles and way over 5600 miles per month! [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Mightymopar View Post

*to a post above* - I didnt notice your 87' GLHS there with the exhaust exiting the middle, sorry.
    Thanks. Wasn't sure if he would make the trip from NJ or not. Guy asked a few questions about the car once he got it delivered and its been a year since. Kind of wondering what's been happening to it! :-)

Thanks

John
    Last edited by glhs87; 07-01-2014 at 12:57 PM.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920