Thread: TU or FWD 2 piece fuel rail

turbo addict

TU or FWD 2 piece fuel rail

Ok I need a fuel rail for a 2 piece and noticed they sell some billet ones. Anyone have any feedback on these two rails? Differences? Issues? I'm gonna be using a universal regulator.

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: TU or FWD 2 piece fuel rail

Motorhead135, Just put up a post a few days ago. He is building some at work, Iam sure he can make it without the port for the reg. He is a cnc guy that does some very nice work.

turbo addict

Adam Lengel also had made some billet fuel rails for 2 piece. Not sure if he is still doing them or has any available. IIRC, Holes were tapped for mounts,
    but it was up to end user to make up mounts though. His used external regulator with #-10 oring fitting on end. They were very nice.
    Todd

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by speedfreek500 View Post
    Motorhead135, Just put up a post a few days ago. He is building some at work, Iam sure he can make it without the port for the reg. He is a cnc guy that does some very nice work.
    he did indicate to me he could do this (ie no reg port)
    89 Voyager LE, 2.5T2 - rest in peace
    87 Charger Shelby T2 (2.4 conversion in process)

turbo addict

I'm using one on my 2 piece not sure which vendor it came from. the one thing I have to say is that the stock injector clips at the top cant be used and the injectors can "float" in the upper and lower bores. you can position them but since there's nothing to hold them in place they are free to migrate in either direction. The ends of the rails on mine are standard pipe thread if I were to buy another I'd like to have the straight AN thread with an o-ring.

Quote Originally Posted by wallace View Post
    I'm using one on my 2 piece not sure which vendor it came from. the one thing I have to say is that the stock injector clips at the top cant be used and the injectors can "float" in the upper and lower bores. you can position them but since there's nothing to hold them in place they are free to migrate in either direction. The ends of the rails on mine are standard pipe thread if I were to buy another I'd like to have the straight AN thread with an o-ring.
    Single bolt rail bracket attachments have a history of failures. Our rail brackets use both intake manifold bolts per side to enhance stability and avoid failures at stress points. Brackets can be adjusted forward to eliminate injector "floating". Our rail ends are machined for -6AN o-ringed fittings so leaks are not an issue. Fittings are available for $5. additional each. These are universal rails which are designed to be used on both 8 (two piece) and 16-valve engines by just swapping the brackets.

http://turbosunleashed.com/shop/alum...ails-p-43.html

Comes with Stainless Steel mounting hardware for $105. We currently have 38 in stock.

Fuel Pressure regulator adapter available for an additional $35. http://turbosunleashed.com/shop/fuel...ter-p-307.html

Chris-TU
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

turbo addict

Chris,
    Do you happen to have a picture of one installed on a car with a universal style regulator?

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by wallace View Post
    I had that issue with the hybrid build that I was messing with. Nothing to hold the injectors in but the rail itself

boostaholic

Considering im still waiting for the FWD one I ordered and paid for back in Oct and was told 3-4 weeks.Id go with TU or the new one that gentlemen is making.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor glhs727's Avatar

Just an FYI, our 2 pc fuel rails arrived over Christmas and all back orders will be going out next week.

There really isn't a need for injectors clips because once the rail is bolted down, there is no way for the injectors to come out.
    FWD Performance is a performance shop with a significant investment in this market. We pride oursleves with a hard work ethic, friendly customer service, and honest business dealings with no hidden fees. FWD Performance, Real Race Products by Real Racers.

Quote Originally Posted by roachjuice View Post
    Chris,
    Do you happen to have a picture of one installed on a car with a universal style regulator?
    Here ya go! The second photo shows the gen 1 polished Stainless Steel brackets. We now include the stronger versions which allow the rail to sit in the "V" shape for added support.

Chris-TU
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TIII%20Fuel%20Rail.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	28.8 KB 
ID:	48403   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Polished L shaped brackets 2 piece.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	56.9 KB 
ID:	48402   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0605.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	487.5 KB 
ID:	48404   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AFPR%20Adapter1.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	43.2 KB 
ID:	48405  
    Last edited by Chris W; 01-04-2014 at 01:26 PM.
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

turbo addict

Dang it I forgot to order that elbow lol.

turbo addict

Got it in the mail. Gonna polish it up.