Thread: mptune for android

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

mptune for android

Want to start working on an android version of mptune. So would like ideas on what basic features need to be in it and how you envision it looking. Probably be fairly simple as compared to the windows version, e.g no comparison Tables, 3d graphs, etc. Thinking initially just a basic bin read/write and being able to select a table and Edit the byte values, eg dcal without the graphs (at least For now)

Lmk your thoughts. Would like to have something in the next month or two to play with, at least for the smec.
    89 Voyager LE, 2.5T2 - rest in peace
    87 Charger Shelby T2 (2.4 conversion in process)

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

Re: mptune for android

I've been working with the 3D tables more lately (trying to get my car working on the SBECII), and I think the 3D display could be simpler. Like just a co?or scale on the cell value. Kind of like the latest version of excel with the gradient shading based on cell value.

As a feature request, I would like to be able to read/burn cals; and edit at least selected tables.

Had you planned on making it a .bin editor only? Or .TPL also with assembler capability?
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

-good idea on the cell shading, although android does not have a simple way to create excel like spreadsheets. you basically use a bunch of labels or textboxes and scroll them. definitely doable tho. i was planning on just modifying bins so i wouldn't have to try to write an assembler in java (or basic4a) to compile a tpl. at least initially start there until i get some more experience with programming that thing.

turbo addict

Subscribed. Would be nice to change simple things at the track; limiter, boost, pump eff, and other essential things would be nice. Full/part throttle should be set up already so pump off would be all you need to change. Easy one touch flashing of existing bin files to flashable computers
    Ian Adams Function>Form 1990 shadow scrapped, too rusty:( 1991 Spirit R/T Scrapped, parts sold:( 1989 Turbo Caravan Daily beater with built-[I]ish [/I]​engine slowly evolving into weekend turbo beater.

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wowzer View Post
    -good idea on the cell shading, although android does not have a simple way to create excel like spreadsheets. you basically use a bunch of labels or textboxes and scroll them. definitely doable tho. i was planning on just modifying bins so i wouldn't have to try to write an assembler in java (or basic4a) to compile a tpl. at least initially start there until i get some more experience with programming that thing.
    In that case, it would be nice if it was the platform for the on-the-fly tuning I think we can do with the SMEC/SBEC/SBECII....

https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

turbo addict

Just wanting to follow. I'm still in the air as far as what engine management I eventually want to end up with. I know the stock stuff is VERY capable. I just need a real sit-down teaching session on how to mess with it. I've looked at the tutorials and everything and I'm still lost. Plus, there's some peripherals I'd like to incorporate in the future that I'm not sure the stock stuff can handle. My biggest reason for still looking at stock ECM: knock detection/control.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper1 View Post
    Just wanting to follow. I'm still in the air as far as what engine management I eventually want to end up with. I know the stock stuff is VERY capable. I just need a real sit-down teaching session on how to mess with it. I've looked at the tutorials and everything and I'm still lost. Plus, there's some peripherals I'd like to incorporate in the future that I'm not sure the stock stuff can handle. My biggest reason for still looking at stock ECM: knock detection/control.
    I'm in the same boat as you with my current build. Stick with stock or aftermarket
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by 85boostbox View Post
    I'm in the same boat as you with my current build. Stick with stock or aftermarket
    Well that narrows it down! LOl JK

turbo addict

I'm on my phone so typing is difficult for a story lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

turbo addict

I understand that dilemma!

Something else to consider if making a phone/tablet based tune hardware: "simple" typing or using a cursor isn't always as easy as it should be.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor Turbo Joe's Avatar

well my sweetie just surprised me with an android tablet, so now i'm thinking instead of a laptop i can use a tablet instead for MPtune.. is this up and going yet? if so any instructions?
    Turbo Joe
    ----------------------- 87 CSX #175 TIII powered, MegaSquirt3 Pro Ultimate, GTX3076R, Turbo Joe header, Lengel intake, Menegon ported head, the list goes on

mptune is on hold. i need to figure out a way to switch on the rts line on the ftdi cable. the current android usb drivers do not support that. so worst case is i do mptune but it will not support those ecu's that require the special circuitry. rob could tell you which ones those are, i think the sbec2 and fcc chips. so i could probably get it to work with the lm, smec and sbec1. sorry. mpscandroid works tho (most of the time!)