Thread: Charger Car cover 2013

Charger Car cover 2013

Found some threads on what others have done, looking for cost and quality. Anyone purchased one recently from a vendor that they felt was good for under $200 or is that the going rate now?

I saw Noah and Covercraft, but all of the ones I saw were around $180 and upwards for the good quality ones.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

turbo addict

Re: Charger Car cover 2013

Jon, Global-Accessories.com used to sell Wolf custom car covers for the SC. I doubt they still have them, but worth checking into. They were a custom cover, in Kimberely-Clarke Evolution 4 material (the thickest of the outdoor covers) blowing them out for $70 plus about $10 to ship. They fit the SC perfect. They were discontinuing Wolf line (IIRC covercraft bought them out).
    I bought a couple for my Shadows, and one fit perfect and the other appeared that the mirror pockets were sewn in the wrong spot? I had to return one of them.
    Todd

Hybrid booster

Thanks for the link Todd. They do appear to be sold out. Just wondering what do the manufacturers do about the antenna? Do they expect you to unscrew it?

turbo addict

^^ They provide a plastic grommet. You cut hole in your brand new shiny car cover, install grommet and wahla, custom antenna cutout.

turbo addict

I just unscrew the antenna and leave it with a wrench on the floor by the back seat. At least for me it's less hassle doing it that way.

Jon, I don't know of any good cover companies as I use a cover my brother probably spent $25 on at wallyworld years ago as a birthday present. It's fine for a car with old paint, my R/T has the too-fast-for-paint Mopar white, but I wouldn't use it on a freshly painted or a car with real nice paint.
    “If the people of the nation understood our banking and monetary system, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.” -Henry Ford

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by 86Shelby View Post
    I just unscrew the antenna and leave it with a wrench on the floor by the back seat. At least for me it's less hassle doing it that way.
    The grommet helps determine which direction is what when installing my cover. Find Grommet and cover. Others may not be as challenged as me thou but I find it most helpful.

turbo addict

Need to fold (remove and replace) cover the same way every time. Wax on, wax off (lol). Yes I look for the logo that is usually on the front.
    Todd

Quote Originally Posted by 4 l-bodies View Post
    Jon, Global-Accessories.com used to sell Wolf custom car covers for the SC. I doubt they still have them, but worth checking into. They were a custom cover, in Kimberely-Clarke Evolution 4 material (the thickest of the outdoor covers) blowing them out for $70 plus about $10 to ship. They fit the SC perfect. They were discontinuing Wolf line (IIRC covercraft bought them out).
    I bought a couple for my Shadows, and one fit perfect and the other appeared that the mirror pockets were sewn in the wrong spot? I had to return one of them.
    Todd
    Thanks Todd, looks like those deals are no more. They are going for $200 now for the same model as you've mentioned. I was hoping to get something for when it was parked out in the snow, but since I don't plan to have it out like that again anytime soon, I may hold off and see if I can catch a deal. Tempted to call and see what they have in stock and try and get a deal that way. Can't imagine they will be selling many of those, assuming they are decently specific to our cars.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

two point two much fun Turbo Mopar Staff Turbodave's Avatar

I've got a Wolf brand cover for my Shadow, custom fit with mirror pockets in the Noah material. Mostly it protects the car from me in the garage, but it fits nice and has held up well. I just unscrew the antenna and put it on the passenger floor when I have the cover on. I got mine years ago through Rock Auto for cheap, but I don't see them listed there anymore.

Regarding car covers and snow, this can be a mess. I've trashed a few covers this way, the snow melts a bit into the fibers of the cover and freezes to the car, then the cover rips when you try to take it off. That is unless you're patient enough to wait until things thaw out again to remove the cover. It may not be an issue down south by you, but up here it could be months before you could get the cover off.
    Dave Tekampe
    Director SDAC National
    VP SDAC-Chicago

85 GLH-Turbo (DC intercooled)
    86 GLHS #107
    87 GLHS #148
    87 CSX #161, #608, #674
    88 CSX-T #529, #541
    89 Shadow Competition Package and lots more...

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Turbodave View Post
    I've got a Wolf brand cover for my Shadow, custom fit with mirror pockets in the Noah material. Mostly it protects the car from me in the garage, but it fits nice and has held up well. I just unscrew the antenna and put it on the passenger floor when I have the cover on. I got mine years ago through Rock Auto for cheap, but I don't see them listed there anymore.

Regarding car covers and snow, this can be a mess. I've trashed a few covers this way, the snow melts a bit into the fibers of the cover and freezes to the car, then the cover rips when you try to take it off. That is unless you're patient enough to wait until things thaw out again to remove the cover. It may not be an issue down south by you, but up here it could be months before you could get the cover off.
    I had bird(s) attack one of mine once (lol)! It was brand new Evolution 4 Wolf cover. I was on the car for like 2 days. I think a birds claws got stuck in fabric or something, because I had good sized holes and a lot of bird feathers on the cover. They obviously used their beak to free themselves. Amazingly, Global Accessories replaced it no questions asked!
    Dryers are Evolution and Noah's worst enemy. Found that out the hard way (lol). They melt very quickly...
    Todd

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

I dont know about other covers but my Noah from covercraft specifically stated in the paperwork that came with it NOT to put it in the dryer. Air dry is what is recommended and wash in one of those laundramat industrial size washers.

Thanks guys, I'm going to have to just make a decision, but it seems many are using the same brand and with success, minus bird attacks. Dave, we don't have those issues down in Memphis, but I'll keep that in mind in March when you guys still have snow on the ground. hehe