Quote Originally Posted by HSKR View Post
I used to be friends with a guy who was "a great guy" in person, but sucked as a business man. he tried starting his own business, it took off, I even helped with build some of the things he sold as a friend and only got paid with an occasional dinner with him at a restraunt. After a few years, his business folded and he went bankrupt because while he was a good salesman, and "great guy in person", his lack of follow through sucked, and he was constantly robbing peter to pay paul in order to get parts sent to people who ordered them. I personally witnessed him on the phone with a customer telling them their parts were delayed because they were at the powder coating shop waiting on an order of the color they wanted to come in, when in reality the parts were sitting at his feet in a box and he hadn't even talked to the powdercoating shop yet.
The disease of spending profits before they exist so you have to use money from new projects to maybe finish the projects of people who are really hounding you. Mix in substance abuse and that system gets very deep. This even happens with larger shops.