Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moog spherical bearing control arm bushings

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Re: Moog spherical bearing control arm bushings

Has anyone had success with these? I need to do the control arm bushings in my 95 Neon and I'm hoping for something other than the stock style or poly units which will all wear out pretty quickly relative to something like these I would think.

The moderately moderate moderator Turbo Mopar Staff

Quote Originally Posted by thedon809 View Post
    Sorry but no. I work on both csrs everyday. The calibers suspension is almost identical to the mitsu lancer. The avenger/200 is more chryslerized. The caliber has stamped steel front control arms. Avenger/200 has cast control arms. The rear suspension is completely different as well. The brakes are the same I believe.
    I know this is old but they are the same platform. The suspension has nothing to do with the body type. They are both derivations of the GS mitsu platform.
    Bryan
    86 GLHS #161, 2016 Impala
    SDAC National Member, SDAC Buckeye Chapter Member

A man has got to know his limitations.....

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    Has anyone had success with these? I need to do the control arm bushings in my 95 Neon and I'm hoping for something other than the stock style or poly units which will all wear out pretty quickly relative to something like these I would think.
    Many have had success with them on SRT-4's and PT's. They are different control arms than 1st gen or non-turbo 2ng gens
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Excellent. I ordered up a full poly bushing set and also a set of the moog bushings. Last time I'm going to do the bushings on this car.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by black86glhs View Post
    I know this is old but they are the same platform. The suspension has nothing to do with the body type. They are both derivations of the GS mitsu platform.
    Is a pt cruiser the same as a neon? Is an Alfa Romeo Giulia the same as a Cherokee? Is a challenger the same as an e class Benz? No, no they are not. Derived from the same common architecture, yes.

Is a pt cruiser the same as a neon? Is an Alfa Romeo Giulia the same as a Cherokee? Is a challenger the same as an e class Benz? No, no they are not. Derived from the same common architecture, yes.
    Then, both derivations of the GS platform was correct.
    Bryan

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by black86glhs View Post
    Then, both derivations of the GS platform was correct.
    If you read the thread carefully, Jonny thought the bushing would work in an avenger because he thought the "chassis" was the same. I informed him that they are not the same. The entire suspension system is nothing alike and the bushings in fact, will not work. I never said they both didn't originate from the GS platform. The avenger/200 were modified so much that they share very little with the caliber/compass/patriot/lancer/outlander and its not anything like comparing a Daytona and lebaron. When you work on the cars 5 or 6 days a week, 9 hours a day, you get a good idea of what's what.

turbo addict

hen you work on the cars 5 or 6 days a week, 9 hours a day, you get a good idea of what's what.
    so true!
    Great stuff for great cars! Poly engine mounts and bushings at: http://www.polybushings.com

If you read the thread carefully, Jonny thought the bushing would work in an avenger because he thought the "chassis" was the same. I informed him that they are not the same. The entire suspension system is nothing alike and the bushings in fact, will not work. I never said they both didn't originate from the GS platform. The avenger/200 were modified so much that they share very little with the caliber/compass/patriot/lancer/outlander and its not anything like comparing a Daytona and lebaron. When you work on the cars 5 or 6 days a week, 9 hours a day, you get a good idea of what's what.
    After thinking about it, I really do believe we are coming to the same conclusion just from different directions...lol.
    Last edited by black86glhs; 06-15-2016 at 03:52 PM.
    Bryan

Garrett booster

fwiw. i've had the moog problem solvers on my srt4 for a little over 2 years and they eliminated my wheel hop issue, period.. i installed them because of problems i had with my prothane bushings that had about 60k on them..

over time the ps developed slight clunk when driving over cobble stone, otherwise awesome.. and now rockauto sells the complete arm and ps for $60/ea

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12