Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CNC machined reverse cooling adapter!!

turbo addict

CNC machined reverse cooling adapter!!

I'll take $110 paypal shipped to the USA, or $125 shipped to Canada.

OR YOU CAN BID ON IT ON EBAY and possibly get an insane bargain!!

If you want it for the above prices ($110 USA, $125 CANADA) you have to PM me direct and not go through Ebay!

Theres only one of these and im not how many more I'll make, if any.

Reverse Cooling Adapter | eBay

READ THIS CAREFULLY

This is a very early prototype.

It may or may not fit.

It may or may not work.

It may destroy your engine somehow.

It is not intended to actually be used, only to be looked at as a conversation starter.

It has cosmetic defects from handling and machining errors. I dont think any of them affect function. It has a mostly shiny/semi matte tumbled finish. See the pictures where its by itself, thats the final finish it has.

The internal curvature is not smooth, it has a stair step. This is unlikely to make a difference in coolant flow.

It requires a minor modification to the AC bracket. It may require more modifications.

It comes with only the machined adapter. Nothing else.

It comes with absolutely no guarantees. There are no returns for any reason. BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK.

The holes for the tstat housing are tapped to 8mm x 1.25.

Its designed for short 8mm socket head cap screws for the three block bolts.

It has an oring groove, a 133 size may work. However, I would suggest RTV.

PROUDLY DESIGNED AND MACHINED IN THE USA BY AN AMERICAN.

Your purchase supports an individuals dream of making a living with a hobby and providing awesome parts for our cars.. THANK YOU!

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Re: CNC machined reverse cooling adapter!!

Seeing as how it may or may not work, I may or may not like it Looks trick tho

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by 2.216VTurbo View Post
    Seeing as how it may or may not work, I may or may not like it Looks trick tho
    hehe its just a disclaimer to make absolutely sure i dont mislead anyone..the reality is:

it does appear to bolt up and fit with very minor modification to the AC bracket..by minor, i mean cutting or grinding away a little area about as big as a pez candy..very easy even for a beginner

i dont think it will have a problem sealing to the block..although the oring groove is a little incorrect (my bad)..RTV may need to be used..if someone REALLY wants the oring and pays full price (110$ USA) ill redo the groove so its proper. ill also throw in bolts and an oring at that price. and sand the inside so its smooth.

now the big deal is will it work for reverse cooling..thats a whole other subject and i know very little of it. i designed this based on other peoples suggestions. i have no experience with reverse cooling and will not be reverse cooling my own car. so im totally in the dark.

but it doesnt seem to be an issue to get the hoses and sensors hooked up to it..the stock tstat housing bolts up to it with the stock thermostat (or not if you dont want one)

i think its a good design and will work for a hardcore racer putting out big power, but its never been on a running vehicle and really its just a part of a balanced reverse cooling setup breakfast

i would of course provide whatever technical assistance i could directly to whoever buys it..i just cant make any guarantees as to its functionality because its never been tested and its the only one in existence!

turbo addict

the first one has sold, but i made another one! and its up for sale again! same deal, 1 cent no reserve auction, and $125 buy it now! good luck!

Reverse Cooling Adapter | eBay

there are some changes:

the internal curvature is smoother now, so i wont be offering sanding of it. i really dont think its needed and i would not recommend doing it yourself, i think it would be a waste of time.

the oring groove has been changed to work with the stock oring, so thats nice huh?

there are still some cosmetic machining errors but its a little better than the last one. if it matters to you, some light work with a file, sandpaper, etc.. could make it absolutely perfect if you wanted

please read the ebay auction in its entirety for other minor changes!

if you'd like to save a little money but you want it right now,you can paypal me $110 (USA) or $125 (CANADA) (shipping included in both) to acannell@gmail.com

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Nice work. That's a really innovative product and I suspect it is exactly what someone who is trying this would want. Excellent.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    Nice work. That's a really innovative product and I suspect it is exactly what someone who is trying this would want. Excellent.
    thanks!!

yep the guy who bought it seemed to indicate he wanted it right now and actually needed it too.

i cant really take credit for the idea, other guys on a forum suggested the need for it to make reverse cooling easier and more mainstream. i just designed the actual part and machined it!

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

I like it. Just a thought, though - it looks like it will reverse the flow through the radiator, too. IE, in at the bottom and out the top.

I would think you'd still want to flow top to bottom through the radiator. Otherwise a pocket of air at the outlet will cavitate the water pump (which I assume is electric and mounted near the head).

If you make another one that points the water hose across the front of the engine, I'd be interested. If you can send me the engine side bolt pattern, I can draw up what I'm thinking...
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by ShelGame View Post
    I like it. Just a thought, though - it looks like it will reverse the flow through the radiator, too. IE, in at the bottom and out the top.

I would think you'd still want to flow top to bottom through the radiator. Otherwise a pocket of air at the outlet will cavitate the water pump (which I assume is electric and mounted near the head).

If you make another one that points the water hose across the front of the engine, I'd be interested. If you can send me the engine side bolt pattern, I can draw up what I'm thinking...
    i think the idea is to route it to the top of the radiator using hoses, which should be pretty easy

looking at the adapter, it might be possible to reverse the surfaces of the tstat and bypass/sensor ports so it goes across the front of the engine...MAYBE...

its really amazing that all this fits as is, its a really tight area

heres some dimensions for the water pump flange (courtesy of signsoflife22 on TD)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WaterPumphousingdiagram21_zps43b5fd1e.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	80.3 KB 
ID:	48216

Quote Originally Posted by acannell View Post
    i think the idea is to route it to the top of the radiator using hoses, which should be pretty easy

looking at the adapter, it might be possible to reverse the surfaces of the tstat and bypass/sensor ports so it goes across the front of the engine...MAYBE...

its really amazing that all this fits as is, its a really tight area

heres some dimensions for the water pump flange (courtesy of signsoflife22 on TD)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WaterPumphousingdiagram21_zps43b5fd1e.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	80.3 KB 
ID:	48216
    I thought about it some more and I think as long as the water pump is on the low side of the rad, it should work. I'm not sure if it makes any difference if you're pushing through the rad or sucking thru the rad. Probably not.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Hybrid booster

That is one flat out badd assed part! And "reversing" the reverse in "reverse cooled" on the part is just plain awesome. Dayum, wish I had a use for it besides something cool to look at. But now I'm a T3 boy so all I can do is say it's very cool!

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor iTurbo's Avatar

Have you considered making Maserati 16v thermostat housings?

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by iTurbo View Post
    Have you considered making Maserati 16v thermostat housings?
    im interested in pretty much any machined part for our dodges..its just that i personally have a 2.5 turbo and so thats what im most familiar with, but im open to just about anything!

for the mas tstat housing, id need some info or drawing or something....theres a thread called "free cnc machining for all" over on TD where i take requests! hope thats okay to post here

Wow cool. The Masi 16v crowd was fortunate that lengel had made the T-stat outlet previously. But still no thermostat housing itself... I could send you a housing if you are interested. There might not be a whole lot of interest to be perfectly honest. You might sell 10 right away to the people that really want/need them. After that, not so much.

turbo addict

Wow cool. The Masi 16v crowd was fortunate that lengel had made the T-stat outlet previously. But still no thermostat housing itself... I could send you a housing if you are interested. There might not be a whole lot of interest to be perfectly honest. You might sell 10 right away to the people that really want/need them. After that, not so much.
    is there a thread that we can continue this discussion in? otherwise ill lost track of my marbles

Quote Originally Posted by acannell View Post
    is there a thread that we can continue this discussion in? otherwise ill lost track of my marbles
    Sorry, I'll PM you when I get it removed and take some pictures.

Back to reverse cooling adapter discussion!

turbo addict

Sorry, I'll PM you when I get it removed and take some pictures.

Back to reverse cooling adapter discussion!
    no problem! i literally meant that! i will have alot of questions about it and its good to have everyone interested participate because im totally in the dark on masi parts

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Wastelands Warrior View Post
    That is one flat out badd assed part! And "reversing" the reverse in "reverse cooled" on the part is just plain awesome. Dayum, wish I had a use for it besides something cool to look at. But now I'm a T3 boy so all I can do is say it's very cool!

I'm not very familiar with the T3 intake manifold and a/c water pump area but check out the pics as this housing will work on my Masi 16v and we/I was hoping it would work on the T3's as well. If so this is a big piece of solving reliability issues with the T3. Why you say? Because if we can get rid of the stock water pump and then build a bracket to go with a dry sump external pump the t3 guys wouldn't have to be on pins and needles about their timing belt tension issues or whatever else is causing the oil pump gears to shear off. Though I've also seen that happen on a 91 8v setup too. But on an 8v when it happens at least it doesn't nuke the motor as the motor stops running basically.

Asa - you're right. It can't go straight out. At least, not with the alternator in the stock location. Even going across the front of the engine will be tough. With AN fittings, I think I can make it work. I could go up with it since I don't have a A/C compressor (because race car). I'll draw something up and send it to you for consideration...
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Quote Originally Posted by GLHNSLHT2 View Post
    I'm not very familiar with the T3 intake manifold and a/c water pump area but check out the pics as this housing will work on my Masi 16v and we/I was hoping it would work on the T3's as well. If so this is a big piece of solving reliability issues with the T3. Why you say? Because if we can get rid of the stock water pump and then build a bracket to go with a dry sump external pump the t3 guys wouldn't have to be on pins and needles about their timing belt tension issues or whatever else is causing the oil pump gears to shear off. Though I've also seen that happen on a 91 8v setup too. But on an 8v when it happens at least it doesn't nuke the motor as the motor stops running basically.
    Jay, I admit I still consider myself a TIII guy at heart, but are you saying cooling deficiencies are partly to blame for the oil pump/I-shaft failures? I can see it being an issue if the water pump was timing belt driven, but on the TIII it is driven by the serpentine belt. Just trying to understand what you are saying. I'm also not even sure what one would do as far as a water pump with this CNC part acannell made bolted to the block in place of the pump.. I'm not a hard core racer, but it definitely has me curious anyways.

Hybrid booster

I think jay means with the added space from removing the stock water pump, a dry sump oil system can.be installed in the vacinity without it being crowded as hell down there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast