Thread: Replacing rubber oil hoses, smaller coolant hoses, etc.

Replacing rubber oil hoses, smaller coolant hoses, etc.

What do you all do when you're replacing the rubber oil drain hose from underneath the turbo, or the rubber coolant hose that runs from the block to the metal line under the turbo. I've tried the local Farm supply store and didn't have much luck finding the correct sizes. I'm sure most people aren't buying complete NOS lines or going to the braided stuff. I'm getting to the point where I'm not able to reuse/scavenge most of what I have...actually it would be great if someone could provide a link where I could purchase the correct oil resistant hoses, maybe even in surplus if possible. Thanks in advance for any assistance.
    [FONT="Arial Black"]Paul[/FONT] [B][SIZE="1"]US ARMY INFANTRY VETERAN[/B] 1995 Dodge Stealth R/T White DOHC 5 speed 1994 Dodge Stealth R/T Red DOHC 5 speed 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Blue TI 5 speed (2) 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Red TI auto 1991 Dodge Spirit R/T, Red (project) 1989 Shelby CSX-VNT #382 1989 Dodge Shadow ES, White TI auto 1987 Daytona Shelby Z, White TII 1987 Chrysler T&C wagon, Tan TII auto 1985 Dodge Lancer ES, Bronze TI auto 1982 Wife, White[/SIZE] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor shmedley's Avatar

Re: Replacing rubber oil hoses, smaller coolant hoses, etc.

Paul try a truck parts store.
    My dad used to get me those lines (silicone) that were made for the heavy duty diesel trucks
    Thanks Brad S. SDAC National Proud Member SDAC Chicago Proud Member 14 Ram 1500 86 Shelby Charger "Chicago Stock"

Hybrid booster

One guy here was using the 4-ply silicone hose he got off of ebay. When he parted out his setup, I bought hit T2 turbo and he sent me some of it, it looks and feels pretty nice.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Hit up a hose supply place, get some oil rated hose, 5/8 for the turbo drain, I find silicone hose tends to sweat. Regular 3/8 IIRC the size, coolant hose should be fine for the coolant feed, or when you find the hose store, get some high temp rated stuff. The turbo coolant outlet is either 1/2 or 5/8, can't remember.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by shmedley View Post
    Paul try a truck parts store.
    My dad used to get me those lines (silicone) that were made for the heavy duty diesel trucks
    This is where I would go. For the turbo drain get the orange hose they sell. If they have the right size get the orange hose for the coolant too. Good stuff.

Thanks guys, all great advice...I will do some research for truck and hose supply businesses.
    [FONT="Arial Black"]Paul[/FONT] [B][SIZE="1"]US ARMY INFANTRY VETERAN[/B] 1995 Dodge Stealth R/T White DOHC 5 speed 1994 Dodge Stealth R/T Red DOHC 5 speed 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Blue TI 5 speed (2) 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Red TI auto 1991 Dodge Spirit R/T, Red (project) 1989 Shelby CSX-VNT #382 1989 Dodge Shadow ES, White TI auto 1987 Daytona Shelby Z, White TII 1987 Chrysler T&C wagon, Tan TII auto 1985 Dodge Lancer ES, Bronze TI auto 1982 Wife, White[/SIZE] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor

I had my auto parts store crimp up some hoses made with AC hose, so far so good.
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."
    -- Justice Antonin Scalia

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Please post up which route you go. I don't want to pay AN prices every time I want to install new lines on my DDs.

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

i get silicone coolant hose from mcmaster.com for mine. blue jacket, orange liner.

i also get their stainless hose clamps that dont mar the hose when tightening.

because im a psycho, i lock the screw tightener in position with a piece of stainless safety wire after tightening so it doesnt loosen up.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.