Thread: Motor/Trans 88 Shadow ES-T

Motor/Trans 88 Shadow ES-T

Motor and trans combo from a 1988 Shadow ES, TI.. 3 speed trans.. No idea what it is, says A424 maybe a B after it.. No idea.

Motor runs great, turbo has plenty of shaft play , auto trans is real goofy, doesn't know when to shift but goes through all gears. Ask any questions you please to get a better idea, if I new how to post pics I would. Im new to this, sorry guys.

Everything is located in Pewaukee,WI still haven't pulled it from the car but let me know what you want and it'll come with.

Selling seperate unless someone wants it with the above combo, A/C compressor and hoses. Everything works hoses are relatively new, I have pics of this too.

Offers or atleast give me an idea of what this would go for.. Just want rid of it for a T3 swap...

Re: Motor/Trans 88 Shadow ES-T

Pewaukee Wisconsin!!!

two point two much fun Turbo Mopar Staff Turbodave's Avatar

Just curious, was this the black 88 Shadow ES that was on Craigslist a few weeks ago?
    Dave Tekampe
    Director SDAC National
    VP SDAC-Chicago

85 GLH-Turbo (DC intercooled)
    86 GLHS #107
    87 GLHS #148
    87 CSX #161, #608, #674
    88 CSX-T #529, #541
    89 Shadow Competition Package and lots more...

She sure was.

Cool...glad to hear it's in an enthusiast's hands.

I am guessing you are the one that told the old owner to refer me to this site? He left me a note in the car when I picked it up. Thanks! Now help me get rid of this damn motor so I can move on to bigger and better things I'll friggin give this thing away for some help with pulling a T3 from a local junkyard and some input on what is needed to convert..

It wasn't me...probably Dave or shmedly. Anyway, it was cool that the guy did that for you.

Yep, couldn't believe my luck! I really wish I knew more about them, but Chilton's has became my bible and this forum a lifestyle.. And I wonder why I am single.. What does a T1 motor normally go for given it's in running shape??

Actually, I was the guy who did that.

Welcome! WHen it was said some younger guy was going to "trick out" the car my heart stopped... I thought it was ricer time.

Glad to see you made it here! Good luck with your projects!

two point two much fun Turbo Mopar Staff Turbodave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 88ShadowTurbo
    Yep, couldn't believe my luck! I really wish I knew more about them, but Chilton's has became my bible and this forum a lifestyle.. And I wonder why I am single.. What does a T1 motor normally go for given it's in running shape??

First off, to the forum. I see you already are on Extreme PSI too, good group of guys up there in Milwaukee (be warned, they have destructive tendencies ). 2.2TI's don't usually bring too much money, I sold a nice running one last year for $200, but depending upon how quickly you want to get rid of it, $100-$200 seems pretty typical.

The TIII's are hard to come by, so if you are lucky enought to have found one in a local yard (and I don't find it first and buy it out from under you ) it's worth getting. I would get as much from under the hood as you could off the car. Obviously the engine, but the trans is also specific to the TIII due to the use of a crank position sensor on it. The wiring, computer, and all the accesories on the engine are also TIII specific. The radiator/intercoolers and hoses are also hard to find and worth getting, even if your not going to use them re-selling them would help fund a custom set-up.
    Dave Tekampe
    Director SDAC National
    VP SDAC-Chicago

85 GLH-Turbo (DC intercooled)
    86 GLHS #107
    87 GLHS #148
    87 CSX #161, #608, #674
    88 CSX-T #529, #541
    89 Shadow Competition Package and lots more...

Bummer, oh well.. I need to talk to the guys at the shop an see what we want to do with this motor then.. who knows.. build a buggy with it. Not really worth it to sell a good motor for $100.

Custom is what we do, so the challenge will be fun. I am pretty sure I know where my TIII is, but I will release my secret yard after I get my hands on what I need They have about 6-7 turbo dodges and for some reason they are untouched.. Including a Mid-80's C/S Charger.. Even a couple Starion/Conquests. So I should be always able to find what I need.. Just need the know how and about $1k and I am good to go.

BTW, what the heck is a competition package shadow???

A CS car is a base model vehicle with the best handling and engine choice available for it's respective year. They did CS SHadows and Daytona's if I remember right.

True except for the 1986 TurboZ C/S, which was an suspension package for the fully-loaded TurboZ. The C/S package for 1988+ was applied to a base model turbo Daytona.

Isn't C/S Carroll Shelby?? I thought thats what you guys were referring to, like the Shelby models.. Im confused.

Smile Re: Motor/Trans 88 Shadow ES-T

Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K
    Actually, I was the guy who did that.

Welcome! When it was said some younger guy was going to "trick out" the car my heart stopped... I thought it was ricer time.
    Yeppers, thanks Karl. I just want pix when all is finished....
    It's strange to see just dead grass where my lil rider used to be! It still feels good that it is being used and not scrapped. It seems to be meant to be. Have fun!

The pictures won't do the car justice because the exterior of the car will be remaining in it's current condition, except the minor rust. Motor, motor, motor.. And it will be 5-speed. I'll keep you updated, once again, I appreciate all the help and the smooth transaction!!