Thread: 1987 Shelby CSX #339 for sale

Hybrid booster

1987 Shelby CSX #339 for sale

sold!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Wastelands Warrior; 11-23-2013 at 06:17 PM. Reason: SOLD!!!!!

Hybrid booster

Re: 1987 Shelby CSX #339 for sale

Geez, not even a "Hey man, nice CSX" or some low ball bids? Hope I have better luck on E bay...

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor ForzaV12's Avatar

Hey man nice CSX, can you wait until I get my tax return, if you only weren't so far away, want to part it out, want to trade for a rusty Daytona that used to run, man if I only had some money, that's my dream car-some day, would you be willing to drive it to my house for free and take 1800 for it?

How's that?
    87 GLHS ,66 Hemi Coronet, 69 Road Runner, 70 Challenger-"Vanishing Point", 68 Road Runner "Petty",69 ZL1 Corvette,2016 Scat Pack Challenger,67 Corvette vintage racer,Cadillac ATS Turbo, 66 GTO road racer,67 911S, Ford V Ferrari Porsche 906 and Ferrari P3

turbo addict

Steve, if you were a true turbo dodge fan you would trade your shelby cobra csx straight up. One csx for another.

Free bump for a nice csx.
    Last edited by 168glhs1986; 10-30-2013 at 04:24 PM.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by ForzaV12 View Post
    Hey man nice CSX, can you wait until I get my tax return, if you only weren't so far away, want to part it out, want to trade for a rusty Daytona that used to run, man if I only had some money, that's my dream car-some day, would you be willing to drive it to my house for free and take 1800 for it?

How's that?
    Sadly you have pretty much nailed the gen'l attitude I have seen from this community.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor ForzaV12's Avatar

Looks like a nice car-FWIW, I think you'd have much better luck selling it if you found a way to get brakes installed, etc so that is a running/driving car. Unless I've misunderstood the ad, It is currently up on jackstands? Not such a big deal with the typical pocket change price of TDS, but the asking price would warrant a nice, ready to go car?
    87 GLHS ,66 Hemi Coronet, 69 Road Runner, 70 Challenger-"Vanishing Point", 68 Road Runner "Petty",69 ZL1 Corvette,2016 Scat Pack Challenger,67 Corvette vintage racer,Cadillac ATS Turbo, 66 GTO road racer,67 911S, Ford V Ferrari Porsche 906 and Ferrari P3

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by ForzaV12 View Post
    Looks like a nice car-FWIW, I think you'd have much better luck selling it if you found a way to get brakes installed, etc so that is a running/driving car. Unless I've misunderstood the ad, It is currently up on jackstands? Not such a big deal with the typical pocket change price of TDS, but the asking price would warrant a nice, ready to go car?
    I used what little spare time I've had recently to get the rear suspension back in, and the car is now on it's wheels and moveable, but doesn't have the calipers and brake lines installed. I am moving to a location 30+ miles from where I am at, and that is taking all my time. If it doesn't sell soon I will just put it in storage until I can get back to it, but I'd really rather see it go to a new home so I'd just continue on with my Daytona and SRT 10.

Hybrid booster

Just had it on E bay...800+ views, 43 people "watching" the auction [watching for what????], and only one bid that didn't meet my reserve, even though the guy knew what my reserve was. That's it, I am done with this car. This weekend I am going to beat the crap out of it in the woods behind my house, then it is getting crushed. And I am going to laugh my a$$ off when all the cheap A-holes in this community cry about what I did. lol

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor glhs727's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wastelands Warrior View Post
    Just had it on E bay...800+ views, 43 people "watching" the auction [watching for what????], and only one bid that didn't meet my reserve, even though the guy knew what my reserve was. That's it, I am done with this car. This weekend I am going to beat the crap out of it in the woods behind my house, then it is getting crushed. And I am going to laugh my a$$ off when all the cheap A-holes in this community cry about what I did. lol
    if you can wait, I think a better alternative would to go ahead and finish the brakes, get the car running/driving then bring it to the next SDAC convention with a for sale sign. There are a lot of people that want a numbered shelby and will pay, but the fact that the car is not operational w/o brakes makes people leary. The audience at sdac know these cars, and appreciate really nice ones like yours and i think you would sell it there pretty easily.
    FWD Performance is a performance shop with a significant investment in this market. We pride oursleves with a hard work ethic, friendly customer service, and honest business dealings with no hidden fees. FWD Performance, Real Race Products by Real Racers.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by Wastelands Warrior View Post

Go for it, that will raise the value of mine with one less CSX in the world!!

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by glhs727 View Post
    if you can wait, I think a better alternative would to go ahead and finish the brakes, get the car running/driving then bring it to the next SDAC convention with a for sale sign. There are a lot of people that want a numbered shelby and will pay, but the fact that the car is not operational w/o brakes makes people leary. The audience at sdac know these cars, and appreciate really nice ones like yours and i think you would sell it there pretty easily.

Like I've posted all over creation, I have zero time for anything automotive due to my moving date being advanced. And if I have to pay someone to finish the car, and pay to store the car, I have to up the price. And I know dayum well no one will pay more, when they won't pay less. lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzz's '87 Shadow View Post
    Go for it, that will raise the value of mine with one less CSX in the world!!
    If 200 CSXs disappeared, not including yours, you still wouldn't get chit for yours. Look at the facts, man. Nobody wants to pay what these cars are worth, so you are wasting your time worrying about "value." lol

turbo addict

Alright let's get this car sold. Start by posting more pics.

I for one would like to see.....

Pics of the brake parts you have that go with car.
    More pics of interior. Showing both front seats and rear
    Pics of underneath car.
    Engine bay pics.
    Pics of Rbryant Coilover kit installed

More info needed.

Who ported head?
    What Turbo
    What Cam

This could be a diamond in the rough folks. Let's wait for more details....

Hybrid booster

Thx Wah, but I'm done here. I have more info posted over on the "other" board, where I seem to get a bit more respect. This car is going bye bye.
    Game over. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by 168glhs1986 View Post
    Alright let's get this car sold. Start by posting more pics.

I for one would like to see.....

Pics of the brake parts you have that go with car.
    More pics of interior. Showing both front seats and rear
    Pics of underneath car.
    Engine bay pics.
    Pics of Rbryant Coilover kit installed

More info needed.

Who ported head?
    What Turbo
    What Cam

This could be a diamond in the rough folks. Let's wait for more details....

Hybrid booster

sold!!!!!!

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor iTurbo's Avatar

Wow, not even one month!

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by iTurbo View Post
    Wow, not even one month!
    It should have been gone in a few days considering I pretty much gave it away...

Mitsu booster

Gave it away for what price then? Hmmm?