Thread: WTB: OEM TI turbo coolant return tube

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor iTurbo's Avatar

WTB: OEM TI turbo coolant return tube

I'm in need of a turbo coolant return tube for a Garrett turbo on an '85 Turbo I motor. This is the last little thing I need to finish this thing finally!

I have the part of the return tube that screws into the thermostat housing and goes around the head, but am missing the part of the tube that threads into the large brass elbow on the turbo center section. Turns out that when I removed the old one, it was stuck and twisted the tube up and snapped.

Somebody's gotta have one of these lying around with all the people going with aftermarket turbo oil/coolant lines.

EDIT: I'm thinking the tube from a Turbo II application should be the same, but I can't say for sure.

Re: WTB: OEM TI turbo coolant return tube

Quote Originally Posted by iTurbo View Post
    I'm in need of a turbo coolant return tube for a Garrett turbo on an '85 Turbo I motor. This is the last little thing I need to finish this thing finally!

I have the part of the return tube that screws into the thermostat housing and goes around the head, but am missing the part of the tube that threads into the large brass elbow on the turbo center section. Turns out that when I removed the old one, it was stuck and twisted the tube up and snapped.

Somebody's gotta have one of these lying around with all the people going with aftermarket turbo oil/coolant lines.

EDIT: I'm thinking the tube from a Turbo II application should be the same, but I can't say for sure.
    I think I may have one. Will have to get to my storage to dig it out.

Will let you know,

Chris-TU
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

Hybrid booster

All the lines on t1 and t2 garrett turbos are the same, save for the tiii turbo

Thanks for checking into it Chris!

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by turismolover22 View Post
    All the lines on t1 and t2 garrett turbos are the same, save for the tiii turbo
    Sure about this? I seem to recall log manifold coolant return line is different than 1 and 2 piece blow thru line. Front half is the same, but rear half bends around turbo outlet/manifold inlet oddly on the early log manifolds. Jeremy, if Chris doesn't have one, I'm sure I do.
    Todd

Hybrid booster

It could. Ill look in the shop.

I found the broken TI coolant return tube. It appears as though it exits the turbo center section on the firewall side, then snakes up in between the compressor outlet and head and then attaches to the other half of the return tube with 1/2" hose.

I think the TII is different in that it goes around the outside of the compressor housing instead. I don't have an OEM TII tube to compare to, but yeah, I think they are different after finding the broken TI tube I have. Thanks for the clarification Todd.

Quote Originally Posted by iTurbo View Post
    I found the broken TI coolant return tube. It appears as though it exits the turbo center section on the firewall side, then snakes up in between the compressor outlet and head and then attaches to the other half of the return tube with 1/2" hose.

I think the TII is different in that it goes around the outside of the compressor housing instead. I don't have an OEM TII tube to compare to, but yeah, I think they are different after finding the broken TI tube I have. Thanks for the clarification Todd.
    The TI and TII coolant lines are different.

Take a look at the '86 GLHS Unique parts list here to confirm: http://www.shelbyregistry.com/1986glhsupl.html

Second item down is cylinder head to turbo coolant tube. If TI and TII were the same for Garrett turbos why would they need to have a unique TII part # for it?

Jeremy, I found a couple of them but they are in bad shape. Will keep looking.

Chris-TU
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

Hybrid booster

Yea, looking at my t1 i see that. My mistake

from the 85 part book: 4323122 turbo water inlet & hose tube (L shaped /orange hose) have 13 NOS 4323115 Turbo water return & hose tube (with hose clamps on the rubber hose) have 1 NOS. From the list provided by Chris... 4323977 for a T2 inlet return hose and tube 1986-88 I have 2 of these NOS. I also have all of the other Turbo oil or water hoses for all of the T1,T2 or T3 engines. PM me if you need any other info. www.arizonaparts.com

Found a NOS coolant return tube, so I am no longer in need of one. Thanks for hooking me up Todd.