Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: R'age continued!!!

Mitsu booster

R'age continued!!!

So this is a little different for me I usually start with a unmolested vehicle and progress from there. However I came across a very nicely executed rampage that some of y'all are familiar with, 54inches built this car
    Well I picked it up Sunday 11/10/13 along with some additional parts it is in great shape and the build was well documented on this forum.

Since I got it I have replaced a fuel pump, tightens the alternator belt, replaced the voltage regulator and drove the crap out of it
    My first mod is going to be replacing tires I'm working with 17x 6 SRT neon wheels, I am wanting a wider tire out back and some grippy tires up front.

Stay tuned for tire update and progress

Re: R'age continued!!!

Nice! Will be watching this thread with interest...is this your 1st FWD mopar?
    [FONT="Arial Black"]Paul[/FONT] [B][SIZE="1"]US ARMY INFANTRY VETERAN[/B] 1995 Dodge Stealth R/T White DOHC 5 speed 1994 Dodge Stealth R/T Red DOHC 5 speed 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Blue TI 5 speed (2) 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Red TI auto 1991 Dodge Spirit R/T, Red (project) 1989 Shelby CSX-VNT #382 1989 Dodge Shadow ES, White TI auto 1987 Daytona Shelby Z, White TII 1987 Chrysler T&C wagon, Tan TII auto 1985 Dodge Lancer ES, Bronze TI auto 1982 Wife, White[/SIZE] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mitsu booster

This is my first FWD car ever. I normally drive big trucks like these

But I am a mopar fan, I got my screen name from my. 1990 dodge Dakota convertible.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

Neat. Post a pic of that convertible sometime.

You're going to have to put a REAL aggressive 205 on the front to make up for the extra tread width out back. If you still want it to handle i would honestly recommend getting the least grippy tires possible for the back end that come in the size you want. Up front you dont really want to go wider than 205 on that narrow rim or the handling will go to crap because the tire will squirm around a lot. I guess it would be similar to putting a 33x12.5 on a 15x8 and then trying to turn fast.

Dont push the red button.You hear me?

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Turbo conversion!

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Mitsu booster

Quote Originally Posted by 2.216VTurbo View Post
    Turbo conversion!
    That's definantly in the cards, although it's at the bottom of the deck for now.

Vigo-I like the comparisons you make to the big tires it actually puts it in perspective, and from experience when I jumped from a 33 x 12.5/r15 to a 38x16.5/r15 on a 15x12 rim the truck rode great but squirmed like a trapped rat in the corners, actually put it on its side one day taking a corner to fast.

The full size Mopar trucks are very respectable, my Father owns a 98 4x4 with a Cummins. And for years I've noticed my sisters neighbor had a very nice convertable Dak in his garage, so I know what you're talking about. As for as your Rampage, if you're patient I believe you're really going to enjoy it...it's certainly going to be a conversation piece wherever you go!
    [FONT="Arial Black"]Paul[/FONT] [B][SIZE="1"]US ARMY INFANTRY VETERAN[/B] 1995 Dodge Stealth R/T White DOHC 5 speed 1994 Dodge Stealth R/T Red DOHC 5 speed 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Blue TI 5 speed (2) 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Red TI auto 1991 Dodge Spirit R/T, Red (project) 1989 Shelby CSX-VNT #382 1989 Dodge Shadow ES, White TI auto 1987 Daytona Shelby Z, White TII 1987 Chrysler T&C wagon, Tan TII auto 1985 Dodge Lancer ES, Bronze TI auto 1982 Wife, White[/SIZE] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mitsu booster

I've lived next door to this guy for 8 years(no joke) and in those 8 years not one word has been said between us, until I brought the rampage home. I thought he was mute, but he came over and asked what it was and wanted to tell me it looked very nice( compared to my other beat up trucks)

Oh man that's a great little story, I actually chuckled audibly...just look how this little truck has already altered history

Garrett booster

That's a great starting point for whatever you want to do with it. You will be WAYYYY ahead of most new Rampage owners in terms of the quality of the vehicle you have as a basis.

I posted on your other thread regarding tires. I don't know exactly what kind of vision you have with the build (road race-y, drag race-y, low and slow, etc). I only encourage you to consider tire size and available wheelwell space very closely. There's not a whole lot of room under the front fenders if you want it to sit low and be able to turn. If you can find photos of the older IMSA Shelby Chargers, you can see that they do not run very big tires, and all on 15" wheels to keep everything low and handling well.

Also, if you decide to remove that lowering block between the rear springs and the axle, the wheel will no longer be centered front-to-back in the wheelwell. It can be corrected, but some way to off-set the axle will still be needed.

Keep posting, everyone is excited to see that Rampage in fully finished condition.

Mitsu booster

Honestly I got this with the intention of it being my daily driver cruiser, but i can need leave anything alone. I am wanting to up the power numbers while keeping the fuel efficiency at least in the 20mpg range. Going to finish up a couple of loose ends, parking brake, new gauges, install a/c housing, repaint the passenger door ,
    List of additional mods
    1: shave the door handles and tailgate
    2: air ride suspension( possibly)
    3: rebuild motor/add turbo.
    4: awd conversion. ( big want)

Mitsu booster

Test fit a 225/45 on the rear it cleared barley but it cleared, some genius in our parts dept orders my tires for test fit in 18 " instead of 17" so im still on the donuts
    Here is the 225 mounted on the truck I halve maybe 3/4 " before it cone into contact with anything

turbo addict

I like that look of it with the white wheels.
    Great stuff for great cars! Poly engine mounts and bushings at: http://www.polybushings.com

Mitsu booster

Decided to go with a full set of 205/40r17s
    Got a set of bf Goodrich g-force sport comp-2
    Had them mounted and balanced put on the trailer to take home, and they got snatch up off the trailer. So I'm Rollin on donuts till I find a new set or wheels.

Aldo found a pin hole leak in the fuel tank.

Well isn't that irritating. Watch your local Craigslist for a while, might spot em and be able to 'recover' them with cops in tow.

Mitsu booster

Yea I've been looking on Craig's list, also been looking at a set of factory caliber SRT wheels
    Currently it sits on the donuts,
    I've been fiddling with the carb as it seams to run very rich after it's warned up any ideas?
    Also any one in the area have a paint guy I need to refinish the passenger door Adam did the body work I just need to shoot the door

You should edit your profile to reflect your location. Somewhere near Houston, Tx, right?

Caliber SRT wheels are cool looking but they are a different bolt pattern and 19" diameter. I'm not sure they make a short enough 19" tire to look right on a rampage and if they did they would be $$$. 19s in general have that problem.

I have seen a picture of a rampage on 18s and it looked good. You can get a very short 18" tire. I think you want to keep the overall diameter in the 23.5" range for the best look. 23" or 24" might look ok but i wouldnt go outside that range. Just my opinion. 205/40/17 is ~23.5".

Mitsu booster

Looks like in selling the car outright if anyone is interested in it as it sits NO TITLE let me know I have the srt4 white rims I found them on Craig's list in San Antonio a few weeks ago,no tires on those
    Let's start at $2000 for the car and everything I have for it.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor glhs727's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 90droptop View Post
    Looks like in selling the car outright if anyone is interested in it as it sits NO TITLE let me know I have the srt4 white rims I found them on Craig's list in San Antonio a few weeks ago,no tires on those
    Let's start at $2000 for the car and everything I have for it.
    Why is there NO TITLE?? I would be interested I it, but no title is an issue..
    FWD Performance is a performance shop with a significant investment in this market. We pride oursleves with a hard work ethic, friendly customer service, and honest business dealings with no hidden fees. FWD Performance, Real Race Products by Real Racers.

Mitsu booster

I was told there was a title when I made the deal for the car, and I do not blame Adam at all, cause I took delivery without it. Now the title cannot be found and I do not want to file for a bonded title,can't file for lost title cause it's not in my name and the original owner cannot be contacted.
    If I had the title it would not be forsale

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast