Thread: Would my tune make my car have no power right after I shift?

Garrett booster

Would my tune make my car have no power right after I shift?

Went to the track today, was trying to get into the 11's but I did not make that. My car leaves very hard 1.67 60'. When I shift into 2nd it still pulls hard, shift into 3rd and it falls on its face then comes in hard, shift to 4th falls on its face then comes in hard. I do not feel like its a boost thing. My fuel is good stays around 12.0 the whole pass. I started to give it timing with the distributor and it started to feel better. my MPH is down to 110 with my MPTune cal from 115 with my old fwd tune. Its about 23psi revs to 6500. Ill listen to any suggestions. If I'm lucky next weekend will be nice and I can go back to the track and try again. I really want 11's this year, I feel like I have been chasing that number forever! Thanks for any input.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Re: Would my tune make my car have no power right after I shift?

Any knock detected when this happens?

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

yeah if the car falls flat and comes back to life, it can be knock being detected.

some people make a cal with LOTS of ignition advance. these cals will scream at the track on race gas but may not last long.

others will tune more conservatively with less ignition advance. they may not be as fast but they will last 100k miles on pump gas.

you need a scanner or MPScan and the CEL blink on knock enabled to see how the engine is responding to ignition advance.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Garrett booster

I am using MPtune and the CEL on knock is on. Have not seen it flash as if yet. I'm running vp110 at the track. I also have MPScan setup but didn't take the computer with me to log yesterday.