Thread: lotus head, cams, lifters, and valve covers

Garrett booster

lotus head, cams, lifters, and valve covers

Please delete!!
    Last edited by bahelion89; 07-14-2013 at 10:32 AM. Reason: new post

boostaholic

Re: lotus head, cams, lifters, and valve covers

I am 2.2lanceres and this is the rest of the story behind this head. This head did come off of my car and yes it does have steel plugs. I said they were aluminum because that's what the PO said it had. I take full responsible for the mistake and to fix it I offered him a full refund $525 for the head and 50 for shipping. he decided that's not what he wanted. He would rather make it look like I scammed him.
    Last edited by Bardo; 06-20-2013 at 05:59 AM.

Garrett booster

You took responsibility and offered money after i put new valves in it, valve seals, and titanium retainers..and u refused to pay for the valves or seals.

Don't be high and mighty about a ---- deal that I ultimately paid for. I didn't make a bad review on your profile or slander you, I left it be!

boostaholic

The head was delivered on a Monday on Tuesday I asked what you thought about it. On Friday you you said hour weren't happy and that you had that work done. why is it my fault you decided to have work done on it instead of getting back to me so we could resolve the problem? If you weren't happy about about it you should have said something not waited 5 days and then say you want more money money off a inexpensive head. I also told you take all your parts off of it and send it back the way I sent it to you. That head worked fine on my car you wanted to upgrade it and try to have me pay for it.

Garrett booster

did it occur to you that i don't send everyday on the forum or working on my car. i have 2 jobs, a huge rent payment, a gf, 2 dogs, and a horse to deal with. the head was done in about 2 hrs time and i really didn't have a choice but to get my car back together.

the only reason that i mentioned your name is just a few weeks before i had my dunn head with aluminum plugs for sale. and to show that the current head was okay as it currently sits.

i don't know how your car ran fine, between the 3 bad valves and over half the valve seals being no where near seated.

i would appreciate it if you stopped trying to defend yourself over something stupid. I've had the worst week ever and feel absolutely shitty for having to part my baby but have no choice. and you adding something piddly like this is not helping.

if i wanted to wreck your name i could do other ways, i realize im buying used parts and have to have a degree of leniency because of that.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor Turbo Joe's Avatar

Well besides all of that what kind of head is it? Early lotus or later Dunn style? Specifying this makes a difference ehen trying to sell this kind of head
    Turbo Joe
    ----------------------- 87 CSX #175 TIII powered, MegaSquirt3 Pro Ultimate, GTX3076R, Turbo Joe header, Lengel intake, Menegon ported head, the list goes on

Garrett booster

bump! price drop! lotus head! not dunn

Garrett booster

bump for this, just a heads up, dont assume that a head with steel plugs is a bad head, i have a cracked super low mile dunn head with aluminum plugs and a 150k+ mile 91 lotus head that still has steel plugs, at one point was in a car with a failed radiator fan in major traffic and still has no cracks... sometimes you just get a good casting, more often than not it seems to be the heads on the 1991 cars ("90")

Garrett booster

Bump!!

Garrett booster

bump!!

Garrett booster

bump!!

Garrett booster

FYI folks I've sent PMs to bahelion89 & they've not been responded to. Waiting on exhaust, fuel pump, headlights and the cx racing intercooler piping kit. Told him I wasn't in a rush, I know he's busy as am I... but was hoping to get things by now. Anyone heard from him lately? $515 USD was sent.