Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Underdrive pulley belt sizes

Hybrid booster

Re: Underdrive pulley belt sizes

Ok, so what exactly was the lie? the word several? All you had to do sir, was respond what year and application when she asked and voila!, she would have given you the part #.

Instead of doing that you say that you were calling her bluff? what bluff? trying to find out what exact application you have, that's a bluff?

If you wanted all the part #'s and applications posted for the dodge community, then why not lead with that?

Your first 6 posts state that you are looking for the size for your car, which you never did post up what you had, which would have been very helpful from the start.

To me, the way this thread reads is that you needed a part # for your application and when you didn't get it immediately, you started blasting someone who was trying to help. I have found that direct ?'s with facts are much easier to weed through then all of this fluff and pissiness.

And at the end of the day, Cindy did post the part #'s for the belts anyway so why all this flaming?

Furthermore, the belts listed are not all necessarily going to work on all those applications. I have found that people change the size of the a/c pulley tensioner constantly, because most parts stores do not carry the correct size for every car and just hand out a generic size.

If you jump on rockauto right now they list 2 sizes for the same car,118mm and 95mm, so in truth, there are many more combination than the 2 that are listed, hence the word "several".

I have found people who are looking for help will usually provide more than enough info about their car then needed. You sir did not, plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by turboshelbys View Post
    Ok, so what exactly was the lie? the word several? All you had to do sir, was respond what year and application when she asked and voila!, she would have given you the part #.
    Yes. And that may be true, but again (for like the 10th time now), once cindy posted I wasn't seeking to just help myself I wanted her to list all of them.

Instead of doing that you say that you were calling her bluff? what bluff? trying to find out what exact application you have, that's a bluff?
    The bluff was that she said there was ''several combinations''. So I asked to list these so called combinations as I suspected otherwise.

If you wanted all the part #'s and applications posted for the dodge community, then why not lead with that?
    Cindy is the only one with all of this info. Once she posted, thats when I asked for all. I wasn't expecting randow forum goers to know all of them.

To me, the way this thread reads is that you needed a part # for your application and when you didn't get it immediately, you started blasting someone who was trying to help. I have found that direct ?'s with facts are much easier to weed through then all of this fluff and pissiness.
    I started blasting once I was lied too.

And at the end of the day, Cindy did post the part #'s for the belts anyway so why all this flaming?
    Because I believe lying is a huge testiment to ones character, and it should be exposed. Besides, I would have been done posting a long time ago but there's people like you that keep wanting to add their 2 cents. Then I have to once again repeat information already stated even though they claimed to have read the thread.

Furthermore, the belts listed are not all necessarily going to work on all those applications. I have found that people change the size of the a/c pulley tensioner constantly, because most parts stores do not carry the correct size for every car and just hand out a generic size.

If you jump on rockauto right now they list 2 sizes for the same car,118mm and 95mm, so in truth, there are many more combination than the 2 that are listed, hence the word "several".
    I'm not sure what you looked up, or how big you think belts should be, but I don't think a 4'' long belt is going to get you very far.

I have found people who are looking for help will usually provide more than enough info about their car then needed. You sir did not, plain and simple.
    I provided ''commonblock'' but that didn't seem to make one bit of difference as everyone's initial ''help'' was giving me non commonblock sizes.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor glhs727's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by moparzrule View Post

The bluff was that she said there was ''several combinations''. So I asked to list these so called combinations as I suspected otherwise

I started blasting once I was lied too.

Because I believe lying is a huge testiment to ones character, and it should be exposed. Besides, I would have been done posting a long time ago but there's people like you that keep wanting to add their 2 cents. Then I have to once again repeat information already stated even though they claimed to have read the thread.

I provided ''commonblock'' but that didn't seem to make one bit of difference as everyone's initial ''help'' was giving me non commonblock sizes.
    wow, I don't think I have ever met someone so pigheaded and subborn. So you say I Lied because you insist that by saying commonblock means there is only ONE application. I said I wanted to know what your application was, because there are several combinations. It is proven by the fact I the listing: 1989 2.2 t2 and 1989 2.5 (which is 2 applications)
    H2O and alt. K040340
    A/C 7460
    PS 7395

1989-1990 2.2 VNT and 90-92 2.5 (which is 2 more applications)
    H2O and alt K040340
    A/C 7450
    PS 7410
    so in my book that makes four applications possible (so you can't say it's a common block, or it's a 2.5 common block or a 2.2 common block because any of these three possibles are show above to have 2 different belts sizes depending on year, 2.2 or 2.5 even though all are common blocks. So 4 applications MEANS several. So if you keep saying I lied, and you really believe that, you need to actually come up with some facts to support that. Now saying that really what I posted was 2 applications, that still doesn't show I lied in any way, because the basic meaning of several is "more than one'!! which again was proven there is more than one. I (along with anyone else that has bothered to read this thread) will also make note that from now on, anytime MOPARZRULE asks for help, make sure NOT to help in anyway, otherwise you will get similar treatment .....
    FWD Performance is a performance shop with a significant investment in this market. We pride oursleves with a hard work ethic, friendly customer service, and honest business dealings with no hidden fees. FWD Performance, Real Race Products by Real Racers.

Hybrid booster

"I'm not sure what you looked up, or how big you think belts should be, but I don't think a 4'' long belt is going to get you very far."

Apparently you did not read my post clearly or i didn't not phrase it clear enough. Those are the a/c tensioner pulley sizes, not belt sizes.

I personally have seen 5 different size a/c tensioner pulleys on common block motors so I would think that it counts as several.

So you providing "common block" doesn't really provide enough information.

I have read the thread and still do not get where all the hostility comes from. You feel she lied by using the word several?

Definition of several:
    1. Being of a number more than two or three but not many: several miles away.
    2. Single; distinct: "Pshaw! said I, with an air of carelessness, three several times" (Laurence Sterne).
    3. Respectively different; various: They parted and went their several ways. See Synonyms at distinct.
    4. Law Relating separately to each party of a bond or note.

On the a/c belt there can be as many as 5 different belt lengths.
    Power steering can be 2 or more depending on which pump you are running.
    Alt. can also be 2 or more depending on which alternator you are running.

I believe this fits the definition for several, no?

If you would have started the thread with I have a 1989 dodge daytona turbo 2 motor with all factory parts on it, I am willing to bet your answer would have come much faster and with less delay, snideness, attitude, sarcam, etc.
    Example,
    I started this thread the other day and within 15 minutes I had responses.
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...r-1988-daytona
    Being clear and concise saved me a ton of time.

And no, Cindy is not the only one with all this info. There are others who have those #'s as well including myself.
    A better choice of wording would have been " as far as I know, she is the only one with this info". So should all of us be upset with you because you didn't phrase this correctly?

I would never call you a liar because of poor word choice, so I can't fathom why you would call her one by possibly doing the same.

Fact, there are several different belts for common block udp's.

First off you responded "hmmmm", when she asked for your application. Was her asking you that is out of line?

And then you posted "thats what I thought"? Is it because she did not respond fast enough? You spent days 3 days on the board, when it literally would have taken you 3 minutes to call in and find out.

She does run an online shop, retail business, and custom garage. So yes, sometimes board answers do not come in as fast as we would like, that's why I keep her and tu's number in my cell at all times.

With all of this being said, I do wish you luck on your build and hope that you find the correct parts you are looking for.
    Last edited by turboshelbys; 11-04-2013 at 08:10 PM.

Cindy I noticed you conveniently changed what you thought you said to ''applications''. The word application NEVER came up until now.

With all of this being said, I do wish you luck on your build and hope that you find the correct parts you are looking for.

Well thank you.

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

This thread sucks.

1989 Masi h8te valve requires...

AC. Needs 7465. The 7460 is too tight for anyone and bad advice. Shouldn't have to remove pulley and wait for stretch. AC has huge adjustment range.

PS. 7410

Serpentine 40372, but the old 40382 seemed to be able to tension.
    Brent GREAT DEPRESSION RACING 1992 Duster 3.0T The Junkyard - MS II, OEM 10:1 -[I] Old - 11.5@125 22psi $90 [U]Stock[/U] 3.0 Junk Motor - 1 bar MAP [/I] 1994 Spirit 3.0T - 11.5@120 20 psi - Daily :eyebrows: Holset He351 -FT600 - 393whp 457ft/lb @18psi 1994 Spirit 3.0T a670 - He341, stock fuel, BEGI. Wife's into kid's project. 1990 Lebaron Coupe 2.2 TI/II non IC, a413 1990 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1993 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1994 Duster 3.0 A543 1981 Starlet KP61 Potential driver -- 1981 Starlet KP61 Parts -- 1983 Starlet KP61 Drag 2005 Durango Hemi Limited -- 1998 Dodge 12v 47re. AFC mods, No plate, Mack plug, Boost elbow -- 2011 Dodge 6.7 G56

turbo addict

Time to pin Brent's post to the KC!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234