Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Turbos Unleashed Cast Header

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

Re: Turbos Unleashed Cast Header

Alan that should be a no-brainer...
    won't you loose all your cookies at least once over the holiday weekend???..
    Last edited by wheming; 07-04-2014 at 04:53 AM.
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

Garrett booster

Hi Chris, could u hold my hybrid header until the end of the month, some issues came up on the weekend which has left me in a deficit.Thank u so much.Regards Errol

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris W View Post
    Alan, We have already received a few payments so we know it's working. Try refreshing the page once you are on it. You need to lose your cookies.

Chris-TU
    I can appreciate that you spend time with your site every day, it's your livelihood and you should. However, I'd like to spend no more than about 30 seconds with it and pay my balance on 2 headers. Why is the group buy balance only $125.? Can you just paypal invoice me the amount I owe for them?

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Quote Originally Posted by 2.216VTurbo View Post
    I can appreciate that you spend time with your site every day, it's your livelihood and you should. However, I'd like to spend no more than about 30 seconds with it and pay my balance on 2 headers. Why is the group buy balance only $125.? Can you just paypal invoice me the amount I owe for them?
    We had extra headers manufactured so anyone who missed out on the group buy could still buy one for $500. using the same link.

Group buy price was $475. and you paid $100. deposit each so balance would be $375. a piece.

$ 500.00 Current List Price
    $-125.00 Group Buy Deposit including Discount
    $ 375.00 Group Buy Balance

BTW- That was - $125.

Hope that make sense to you now.

Chris-TU
    Last edited by Chris W; 07-09-2014 at 04:26 PM.
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

Chrysler machined headers are finished and will be kitted with accessories once they are picked up. We expect to begin shipping the first of next week. Headers with un-machined turbine flanges and no thermal coating have already shipped.

All headers ordered with thermal coating will be pre-fit with bottom half of two piece intake manifold and machined by us to reduce the necessity of removing coating when installing. It will take time to address all 22 of them so please be patient with us.

Anyone who missed the Group Buy for these headers and would like to pick one up should consider doing it now. There are limited supplies remaining.

Thanks!

Chris-TU
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

turbo addict

Comparing the stock vs this one....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tu2077.JPG 
Views:	176 
Size:	325.3 KB 
ID:	50924  
    Great stuff for great cars! Poly engine mounts and bushings at: http://www.polybushings.com

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Comparing the stock vs this one....
    Best comparo is on the flow bench on my big valve head that does 141 vs a stock 99.

Stock manifold, drops to 99
    Stock ported by me, drops to 113
    TU header, touched it but I doubt I changed it, only dropped to 137
    tube header (promised no names lol) with 1.5" tubes dropped to 111 less than my ported stock manifold.

So volume wise your going to need nearly a 1 3/4" tube header to match it. There is a gain from reversion with a tube header but cast lasts on a street car and tube headers that are DRIVEN can be timed with an egg timer. I've seen this with ceramic coated SS headers.

Paid my balance off today on the group buy BTW.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by The Pope View Post
    Best comparo is on the flow bench on my big valve head that does 141 vs a stock 99.

Stock manifold, drops to 99
    Stock ported by me, drops to 113
    TU header, touched it but I doubt I changed it, only dropped to 137
    tube header (promised no names lol) with 1.5" tubes dropped to 111 less than my ported stock manifold.

Can You produce a picture of the tube header used in the test? ( please)

So volume wise your going to need nearly a 1 3/4" tube header to match it. There is a gain from reversion with a tube header but cast lasts on a street car and tube headers that are DRIVEN can be timed with an egg timer. I've seen this with ceramic coated SS headers.

Paid my balance off today on the group buy BTW.
    Can you provide a picture of the tube header used in the test? (please)

Garrett booster

Thanks for everything on this Chris

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by glhs875 View Post
    Not mine, a local friend paid $750 for a 4-1 stock location header, then paid to have it coated. Worked good for spool up but didn't survive in daily use. There are a few things out there I've flowed and promised to be silent about lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by glhs875 View Post
    Not mine, a local friend paid $750 for a 4-1 stock location header, then paid to have it coated. Worked good for spool up but didn't survive in daily use. There are a few things out there I've flowed and promised to be silent about lol

Garrett booster

Hi Chris, would you send me the link for the web site so i can pay for the hybrid manifold. Thanks Chris. Errol. regards.

Garrett booster

Any update on these being shipped out Chris?

Many of the paid headers which were not coated (both finished and un-finished turbine flanges) have already been shipped and received. However, the last batch of oil drain back tubes we received from our local suppliers was wrong. They created another batch of them for us and just finished up today. I will be heading there tomorrow to pick them up. I can confidently say the rest of them will be shipping this week.

The thermal coated versions are on a different schedule. They are machined for clearance by us prior to getting flame sprayed. This is taking us some time since they are each test fitted first before they are released to the coating company. After that it's really up to the flame sprayer as to when they will be completed. I intend to stop by their office tomorrow for an eta.

Please note that final CC payments are not applied until the header ships out the door unless you paid instantly with PayPal. Also, we have several who haven't followed up with final payment info.

Feel free to drop me an email or call us if you have additional questions or concerns.

Thanks!

Chris-TU
    Last edited by Chris W; 08-05-2014 at 12:47 AM.

image.jpg

Got them!

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

Don't forget me! I still need one of those oil drain backs too.
    Thanks Chris!
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

The first 15 Thermal Coated Headers have been completed and will be shipping out to those who have already paid. If you were part of the Group Buy and have not yet paid your balance please contact us as soon as possible so we know you are still interested in completing the purchase.

The manifolds were machined for clearance with the intake manifold only. Due to core shift, machining variances, etc. there may be areas where the intake may still come in contact with the exhaust manifold. In those rare cases we strongly suggest machining the intake manifold instead of removing the thermal coating from the header.

The 4 lower stud/nut mounting areas were not addressed. The lower #1 nut can be the most challenging. We suggest shortening the mounting stud and using the smaller factory jet nut to avoid having to remove any coating. Depending on how the header was machined sometimes removal of coating in these areas is inevitable. We are always available for Technical Support if you require assistance.

Thanks!

Chris-TU
    Last edited by Chris W; 08-26-2014 at 09:19 PM.

Hybrid booster

So others that didn't want the coating, should everything be ready to be sent too?

Thanks Chris!

Please PM us your real name so we can provide tracking info for you.

Thanks!

Chris-TU

boostaholic

Got mine today. It's so pretty that it's almost a shame it's going to be hiding on the back of the engine for the rest of its life.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by iangoround View Post
    Got mine today. It's so pretty that it's almost a shame it's going to be hiding on the back of the engine for the rest of its life.
    its going on a turbo dodge you will see it off at least once a year