Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Turbos Unleashed Cast Header

turbo addict

Re: Turbos Unleashed Cast Header

Nicely done Johnny. Love this header on my GLHS

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

It fits Johnny but it's in there backwards

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Garrett booster

Chris, do you have any updates for us? Just curious. Thanks

Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

Quote Originally Posted by midniteracer1 View Post
    Chris, do you have any updates for us? Just curious. Thanks
    UPDATE!

The castings were poured at the foundry this week. They are scheduled to be finished and picked up sometime next week. We will advise once they are in our possession.

Thanks!

Chris-TU
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

They are here!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	322.2 KB 
ID:	50577

Dropping off at machinist today.

Chris-TU

boostaholic

Stupid question. Can I replace a stock manifold with this and have no other modifications?

Quote Originally Posted by going4speed View Post
    Stupid question. Can I replace a stock manifold with this and have no other modifications?
    Mostly yes with a small exception. The only problem really is the stock turbo's compressor housing would still have that angled outlet whereas these manifolds are designed for a T4 compressor straight outlet. I'm not sure if the stock lower intercooler hose would still work, worst case scenario you have to re-do your lower pipe, not the end of the world there.

*this is also assuming you are already running SS braided lines from TU, if not you'll have to purchase those too*

Hybrid booster

I believe the oil dranback has to be modified as well, along with the turbo support bracket.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitTurbo View Post
    I believe the oil dranback has to be modified as well, along with the turbo support bracket.
    Modified Oil drainback tube and coolant extension are provided with the header. Turbo support bracket can be easily notched to make fit.

Chris-TU

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by Chris W View Post
    Modified Oil drainback tube and coolant extension are provided with the header. Turbo support bracket can be easily notched to make fit.

Chris-TU
    Woops! you are right of course thats my bad...

Headers are being machined and we anticipate shipping in a few weeks. We were pleasantly surprised that they were able to get them started so quickly. Just wanted to give the Group Buy customers a little notice since this is happening sooner then expected.

Thanks!

Chris-TU

Name:	Hybrid Header1.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	501.0 KB 
ID:	50726

NOW SHIPPING!!! Turbos Unleashed Cast Header with Unmachined Turbine Flange.

TU Hybrid Headers with Unmachined Turbine Flange have been completed ahead of schedule and are ready to ship. Those who have paid the $100. deposit must go to the following link and select "Group Buy Balance" in the drop down box so we can ship out your headers as soon as possible.

http://turbosunleashed.com/shop/cast...der-p-318.html

Be sure to include your Group Buy Deposit order number in the comment field to help speed things along. Thermal Coating Services can also be ordered at this time.

Headers with Machined Chrysler Turbine Housing Flanges should be ready next week. Those Group Buy Participants can pay now to avoid any delays once they are completed.
    Updated 7-2-14 at 8:00 PM MST

Name:	Headers!.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	531.4 KB 
ID:	50837

NOTE: A limited amount of Extra Headers were manufactured for those who missed the Group Buy. These are up on our website and can be ordered from the same link above. While Supplies Last....

Thanks!

Chris-TU

Chris, what about the guys that want a surfaced flange but NOT drilled (because we want standard T3 flange)? Or, can you get your machinest to just do a standard T3 on ours?

turbo addict

payment sent for fully machined cryco version

Thanks again for makeing this "comeback" - 4 years was a long time to wait after finding I couldn't get one

Quote Originally Posted by moparzrule View Post
    Chris, what about the guys that want a surfaced flange but NOT drilled (because we want standard T3 flange)? Or, can you get your machinest to just do a standard T3 on ours?
    This was already discussed and the shop was not interested in machining multiple flange styles on these headers. It would be up to the customer to machine for flanges other then Chrysler style.

Chris-TU

OK that's fine but what I was also saying was you didn't leave an option of ''machined flange but not drilled and tapped''. I don't want a completely unmachined flanged, I want the flange surfaced but I don't want the Chrysler flange drilled into it.

Quote Originally Posted by moparzrule View Post
    OK that's fine but what I was also saying was you didn't leave an option of ''machined flange but not drilled and tapped''. I don't want a completely unmachined flanged, I want the flange surfaced but I don't want the Chrysler flange drilled into it.
    Chrysler and Standard T3 flanges work best using different flange angles. It wouldn't make sense to do what you are requesting if the flange would just need to be remachined at a different angle. Then, factor in individual customer personal preference. For ideal fitment we feel it would be best for customers to complete the flange and angle on their own rather then us irreversibly machine the header to a point where it may no longer be useable by the customer because specifications were not conveyed properly.

Chris-TU

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Nope, the link you put up goes to the header deposit page, not finding the pay balance dropdown...

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Quote Originally Posted by 2.216VTurbo View Post
    Nope, the link you put up goes to the header deposit page, not finding the pay balance dropdown...
    Alan, We have already received a few payments so we know it's working. Try refreshing the page once you are on it. You need to lose your cookies.

Chris-TU