Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unleaded Premium w/ Alcohol Injection vs. Pump E85

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor zin's Avatar

Re: Unleaded Premium w/ Alcohol Injection vs. Pump E85

That formula is : new pressure /original pressure square-rooted, then times the original flow rate.

Mike

- - - Updated - - -

That formula is : new pressure /original pressure square-rooted, then times the original flow rate.

Mike
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.
    - Edmund Burke

I have seen 1k cc's make over 400hp on E85 with a 37.5psi base fuel pressure on a DSM.

The 37.5psi base FP also allowed the person to make 400+hp to all 4 tires with a single walbro 255.

If you run 55psi base and 30psi of boost you're already at 85psi in the rail. With fittings, filters, and lines, who knows how high the pressure is at the pump. Probably nearing 100psi. With a 40psi base you've instantly dropped it closer to 85psi at the pump, which is much better.

turbo addict

I used 120's on a v6 and made about 500 hp with e85 using 43 lbs base pressure. At that point I was out of injector. I was using MS2 for control with batch fire injection. I was a little surprised I ran out of injector. The bore and stroke of the v6 was very close to our 2.5 engine.

Talking with Larry B at SDAC last year he said that down by him E85 was typically 60-70% The closer he drove to indiana the higher it got until it was right at 85 in Indiana. That's then only thing that would worry me if you don't have a gauge or a computer that can automatically adjust based on the alcohol content.

boostaholic

Had a nice chat with Jackson and learned plenty. Plan is to go with 750cc-72lb/hr injectors on premium fuel. Tune them using MP Tuner and build a really good, all around tune. This will not be a WOT only tune, this will get all the transient and part throttle areas dialed in. I would like to build a tune well enough that anyone can get the basic performance parts, put the tune on it and run it.

It is fun to tune those in a dodge. I like to do it one day at a time on lower boost levels. Once it feels smooth and spools hard you can add in more boost. If you think about it, it's a lot easier to tune the more air and fuel you have flowing.

boostaholic

Just got a steal on a set of 1000cc Injectors. Time to toss them in and tune for 93. Then, if I am feeling good about the tune, Ill start tuning on E85. These injectors should be all I will ever need.
    Spring and the warmth that it brings could not come sooner this year.

boostaholic

So the 1000cc injectors ended up being only 750's, they were marked wrong. I had them flow tested by FIC. The 750's have been in the car all summer and are doing well. I am getting the tune dialed in using MPTune. the 750's are not enough to go E85, Then today while researching injectors for an LSX Turbo build for my buddy, I stumbled onto some 120 lb/hr for dirt cheap on fleabay. These should reach my goal on E85, with the already completed hot-wire on the pump, I will watch the A/F ratios and plan to install a AEM E85 compatible 320 pump next year. Re-building my motor this winter because it is tired, but next summer should be fun!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12