Thread: 1991 Spirit R/T - Red

1991 Spirit R/T - Red

Date: 18th October 2013
    Username: Ben
    Full Name: Ben Boysza
    City, State, Zip: Aurora, OH 44202
    Selling or Wanted Price: ~$2800.00

Description:

The car has been sitting about 7 years. 136k miles.

Engine/Drivetrain: I've just rebuilt this engine (maybe have 4 hours on it, 150lbs across all four), removed balance shafts. New rings, all new bearings, seals, etc. Save for the head - the head has not been altered in any way. It is completely untouched for the entire 136k miles, including the original steel plugs. This head has no cracks, and does not leak. Some of the sensor wiring under hood is not up to my standards, but I haven't corrected the two things I can think of - CTS pigtail should be soldered/heat-shrunk, as well as the O2 harness splice. Most, if not all, brackets were cleaned and repainted. Some of the aluminum brackets were forgotten about until assembly, so it's actually cleaner underneath. I don't like dirty engine bays, it was completely degreased and pressure washed. It has a lower mileage (about 60k) stock TIII T3 turbo installed, new lines from FWD Perf. Also has +20's and I think a FWD Perf Stage 1 cal - bought it this way. There's a BOV spliced in but the vacuum needs completed. Has a fabric covered pillar gauge pod, with the gauges not yet installed (A/F guage was going in one spot, boost in the second). I'll put the console back in it, since I replaced the shifter bushings. I bought it with a shattered front engine mount and hole in the trans bell housing. This has been perfectly repaired (I actually drove it like this for 2 years and didn't fix it until the rebuild), a donor trans gave up some material and was welded into the stock original 568. Upon bringing it back to life, portions of the fuel hardline ruptured - steel brake line was spliced in. Fuel gauge is stuck; not sure but I think there was a good amount of some very old gas in there. This made it hard starting until I dumped about 5 gallons of new gas in there. Needs battery. A/C compressor was dead when I bought it and has been "re-belted". A/C lines are garbage. Trans has been painted with silver wheel paint. I tend to do this to keep any oil that may spill from soaking into the aluminum. This makes it easier to clean. Wrinkle coat was attempted on the valve covers and intake and looks horrible - don't judge, I'm not trying to pass it off.

Body: It's no 10. Bottom of doors and trunk lid are rusting, but repairable. I actually need to take a closer look. I have a line on replacement doors and lid. Has stupid aftermarket popup sunroof - the stupidest thing anyone could do to a car. Well, one of them. Needs a patch around the e-brake hole. The car has sat for a longtime. There are hints of some goodness, and then there's the aforementioned doors / trunk lid issues and drivers floor around the e-brake. And one spot around one of the battery hold down mounts in the top of the frame rail. I don't have a welder, otherwise this would've been taken car of. So if you're a 'glass-half-full' kinda guy, it is completely within reason to tackle these body issues. It was a shiny car when I bought it, but years of dragging boxes across the roof, hood and lid have beaten the paint a bit. The top was repainted very well at one time, and I still have the half-pint red paint that came with the car. My guess is it was shot with a perfect match single-stage.

If I've missed anything, I'm sorry. But, show up and we'll go over it inch by inch and that'll tell all there is to tell. I of course, can start it up with a jump. Then you can hear the 2.5" exhaust with no muffler pump awesomeness out the back through the long chrome exhaust tip, which does not look cheesy (just don't look at the welds underneath).

The best way to contact me is by the phone number above. I'll check back here, but not religiously.

I WILL accept some trade offers; I would like an old Mercedes (80s, early 90s) S class or coupe.

Thanks,
    Ben

EDIT: Should've mentioned, with it being a R/T and all. This is a NON-power window, NON-overhead console car with power locks and power seat.

EDIT2: Found some assembly pics. I'll take fresh ones if someones interested.

Last edited by Ben; 11-19-2013 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Spelling

Re: 1991 Spirit R/T - Red

Somebody out there want's an R/T, I'm sure of it! If you would like to own an R/T, contact me - we can at least talk! Don't let any numbers get in your way.

Ben

Still got it!

Added a couple of assembly pics:

turbo addict

I got a turbo minivan I'd trade lol. Wish the engine would have survived in my old TIII. After 300k and 2 re ring/bearing jobs the spirit shell finally got unsafe. Good luck with sale.
    Ian Adams Function>Form 1990 shadow scrapped, too rusty:( 1991 Spirit R/T Scrapped, parts sold:( 1989 Turbo Caravan Daily beater with built-[I]ish [/I]​engine slowly evolving into weekend turbo beater.

Still got it! Thinking about driving it for the winter. If you're even just remotely interested you need to talk to me, stop by and take a look.

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    Still got it! Thinking about driving it for the winter. If you're even just remotely interested you need to talk to me, stop by and take a look.
    Too bad you weren't closer. Im always interested in looking at R/T's.

Still got it. If it was you who was texting me for more pictures, I never forgot you - I just reset my phone and lost the number (likely story).

The car has been moved outside for the first time in 6 years so that I can take better photos - but it's been covered in snow.

The better news is that I noticed the quarters are dead solid since I pulled it out - nice and smooth on the inner wheel arches.

I may be moving, and I can take it with me - but I'd rather kinda not. So, maybe it would be a good time for you to show up with your tax return and make me an offer!

I'm considering more trade options... Probably a SC or maybe a G-body. Would like the body to be at least paint-ready; doesn't need to run if everything is there and tight. Let me know what you got.

Of course a price drop is inevitable. Come to Aurora and take advantage of my willingness to move this running R/T.

CAR IS SOLD! I'll miss that thing.