Thread: 2nd gen Neon sunroof seal

2nd gen Neon sunroof seal

Anyone know of a place that sells just the weatherstripping that goes around the glass of the sunroof?
    Mine is 11yrs old and contracting off the glass in a couple spots. This lets water seep in and drip inside, bypassing the typical drain channel.

I'd like to fix this before winter. I can't see water freezing in there being good for things.
    Ean Orsel - 1987 Chrysler LeBaron coupe (The Blue Baron) 1987 Chrysler LeBaron coupe (The Silver Cloud) 2002 Chrysler Neon LX (Lex) "It has the turning circle of the moon." -Jeremy Clarkson

boostaholic

Re: 2nd gen Neon sunroof seal

I know this is an old post but just to inform others as well. Not all sunroof seals are replaceable. On factory roofs, Most seals are encapsulated to the glass and are not removable. The only way to fix the seal is to replace the glass. However, There are some that do come off but its rare. I just replaced the one on my Grand Cherokee. The only place that sold it was Sunroof Doctor. Make sure the drain ports are clear and the glass is adjusted correctly.

Garrett booster

on mine the leak was fixed by caulking the glass to rubber seal. gently pry it up and add a small bead of caulk, let it dry and clean up with a razor

I've gone the caulk route. But I couldn't be bothered to be clean about it. lol
    I did find a post on the SRT forum, about a place that sells the rubber seal for $70. I'm still hoping to find a place that I can get it cheaper. I estimate it to be 7' around, so that's like $10/foot. Most weather strip sells like $25 for 12'.
    Ean Orsel - 1987 Chrysler LeBaron coupe (The Blue Baron) 1987 Chrysler LeBaron coupe (The Silver Cloud) 2002 Chrysler Neon LX (Lex) "It has the turning circle of the moon." -Jeremy Clarkson

boostaholic

I get wholesale pricing on seals and gaskets. I paid $72 with shipping for my Grand Cherokee seal.