Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Csx vnt #42

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Csx vnt #42

Here is a pic to get us started. I've got to do a writeup for Up Front, but I do need some sleep so I can teach tomorrow.

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Re: Csx vnt #42

Subscribed!

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

That's a really sharp CSX...great picture too. Congrats on the purchase and a successful trip!
    [FONT="Arial Black"]Paul[/FONT] [B][SIZE="1"]US ARMY INFANTRY VETERAN[/B] 1995 Dodge Stealth R/T White DOHC 5 speed 1994 Dodge Stealth R/T Red DOHC 5 speed 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Blue TI 5 speed (2) 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Red TI auto 1991 Dodge Spirit R/T, Red (project) 1989 Shelby CSX-VNT #382 1989 Dodge Shadow ES, White TI auto 1987 Daytona Shelby Z, White TII 1987 Chrysler T&C wagon, Tan TII auto 1985 Dodge Lancer ES, Bronze TI auto 1982 Wife, White[/SIZE] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Nice grab Brian. Now I hate both you and Jon. I'm not sure I can hang out with you guys at SDAC anymore. It's just going to be all CSX this and CSX that.....blah, blah, blah while my heart slowly bleeds out.

Quote Originally Posted by blk86trbo View Post
    That's a really sharp CSX...great picture too. Congrats on the purchase and a successful trip!
    Thanks. I'm really thankful that a ticket was the worst that happened to us on the way back.

Quote Originally Posted by turboshad View Post
    Nice grab Brian. Now I hate both you and Jon. I'm not sure I can hang out with you guys at SDAC anymore. It's just going to be all CSX this and CSX that.....blah, blah, blah while my heart slowly bleeds out.
    Make us some sweet parts on that fancy CNC stuff you have and we'll shut up about it.

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssPerformance View Post
    Subscribed!
    Thanks. I'm going to try and make it to the meeting on Saturday...

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

Dont push the red button.You hear me?

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    I'm going to try and make it to the meeting on Saturday...
    That would be really neat if you could, I'd love to check this car out in person. Plus I'd like to show you the 87 Z that I'll be driving, I think you'll like it.
    [FONT="Arial Black"]Paul[/FONT] [B][SIZE="1"]US ARMY INFANTRY VETERAN[/B] 1995 Dodge Stealth R/T White DOHC 5 speed 1994 Dodge Stealth R/T Red DOHC 5 speed 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Blue TI 5 speed (2) 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Red TI auto 1991 Dodge Spirit R/T, Red (project) 1989 Shelby CSX-VNT #382 1989 Dodge Shadow ES, White TI auto 1987 Daytona Shelby Z, White TII 1987 Chrysler T&C wagon, Tan TII auto 1985 Dodge Lancer ES, Bronze TI auto 1982 Wife, White[/SIZE] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor glhs0075's Avatar

I firmly believe that double digit Whittier cars are vastly superior to the much more common triple digit cars. Congratulations on the new purchase.

Stephen: 1987 GLHS #0075, 1965 Polara 880 convertible
    SDAC National- proud member
    Western Canada SDAC- proud member
    www.wc-tm.com
    "I am not a number. I am a free man!" Number 6

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by blk86trbo View Post
    Plus I'd like to show you the 87 Z that I'll be driving, I think you'll like it.
    Just curious - that 87 wouldn't be red and super low mileage would it?

Quote Originally Posted by Oggie Fisher View Post
    Just curious - that 87 wouldn't be red and super low mileage would it?
    No Sir, it is white and not super low mileage...but it is rust-free .

Hybrid booster

Gotcha. There was a really low mileage 87 for sale recently. Given your collection and comment I thought perhaps you picked it up.

Garrett booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

That looks awsome, congrats...Details?? or did I miss that?

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superbleu View Post
    That looks awsome, congrats...Details?? or did I miss that?
    Try herehttp://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...t=#post1013834

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff dodgeshadowchik's Avatar

Nice pick up.... looks like an awesome car. I tried to talk JT into this car.

"I'll give you anything you'll ever need and I'll find a way to turn you into a monster."

Today I really wanted to go to the SDAC Chicagoland meeting, but time was not on my side. I needed to fix a few things on the CSX and then get the Daytona ready to move out of the way. I didn't finish up until after 5 with the basics so I just kept working for a while longer.

First I fixed the window that came off of the track. I think it just needed some lube so it won't pop out again, but we'll see. I'm not sure if Mike is still holding on or not...

Then I changed out the lack of battery tray. I was surprised that the plastic piece that comes under the battery was still there. Everything else was pretty much disintegrated.

I then snapped a couple of pics of the CSX's tags on the front in case I ever need to have that info on hand.

turbo addict

Very nice!

Well, the next item on the agenda will be to procure a floor jack which can get under the car. My current one is low profile, but not low enough all the way back to reach anything. I'll need to add a little more antifreeze to the mix in order to ensure that I don't have any issues should the temp dip below 0F this year.

Hybrid booster

Some of the smaller aluminum 1.5 ton jacks are really slim, check those out. And fairly cheap.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, nice csx

Thanks. I'm thinking that's what I'll have to use. I believe that's what Alan used at his place to get under the car.

Today I pulled the chip out of the Neil E. cal that came with the car. I've got the binary and now I just need to see what the best way is to view that these days. I was a open file, cross identify with another cal master with D-cal back when. We'll see how this goes.

Glad you got the window fixed, knew it had just popped out! Car was fun to drive and we had a blast driving it back. Made me want to work on mine, which I have and got some things resolved. Fun times we had for sure.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast