Thread: CSX 42 The Adventure Begins...

Threaded View

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

CSX 42 The Adventure Begins...

So many of us watched the Ebay auction a few weeks ago of the ultra clean SoCal one owner 89 CSX-VNT #42. Early in the auction I picked $5500. as the number it would go for but as a CSX owner I was happy to see it went higher than that It helps the market value of the rest of the VNT's Yesterday I trekked to John Wayne International Airport here in Orange County to pick up the new owner of the car and his adventure companion. These guys are pros at the fly in/drive it home method, heck they just did it a few months ago when they went to New Mexico to pick up Jon's 'new' 85 SCCA Shelby Charger. So I suppose it was Jon's turn to return the favor and be the second seat driver for Brian and his new purchase Yes the auction for CSX #42 was won by our own Sasquatch-esq Brian Cordes He wanted a rust free CA CSX and he got that and much more. The Original owner he bought it from has been an enthusiastic owner and a member of the CaSDAC for over 20 years so the car comes with a bunch of cool history and Mods that Brian will no doubt be sharing with us as he discovers them. I think the first one might have been when we were under the car last night changing the oil when he said, 'Hey, this thing has one of those rear engine mounts!" Sure enough, it has had lots of cool mods added over the years as it was lavished with attention.

So after picking up the Cordes/Trotter team(no, not that Trotter, the one with the full head of hair) at the airport they wanted to get right over to the car and begin the drive home. Fortunatly for them, I was having none of that! We're in Socal on my turf and I'm gonna make them see some of it whether they wanted to or not. After all, they didn't have another ride and Woody had a full tank of fuel At least now they can check a perfect SoCal sunny afternoon drive up Pacific Coast Highway in a Turbo Mopar and lunch overlooking the ocean off of their to do lists While we were at it I added in a trip to the 2.216Vturbo man cave/project shop and a couple hour visit to our own ForzaV12's 'museum of all things automotive' Too bad time didn't permit a visit to his man cave to see the rest of that collection The afternoon ended with a quick oil change (free oil is good right Cordes??) and a check of fluids/tire pressures etc. The evening culminated with good Italian Food shared with Forza and his wife as well as another car-guy friend(an ex 11second 86 GLHS owner BTW!) and a tasting of a couple quality Single Malts(Brian you really should try a little of the good stuff, you might like it) back at Casa de Alan.

A few hours of sleep later, we were up before the sun on a Saturday morning in order for the team to get an early start on their 2000 mile journey, but wait, it's SATURDAY and that means CARS & COFFEE and whaddya know, it's right ON THE WAY outta town. Cordes, go ahead and add a pic or two of the several hundred you took there while we rushed thru the show in just about and hour. It's easy to spend three hours here and still not feel like you saw it all. Anyway, here's a few pics of CSX 42, the Adventure...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CSX 42 First Drive Ever.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	524.0 KB 
ID:	47145   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CSX 42 Adventure Pacific Ocean.jpg 
Views:	237 
Size:	509.1 KB 
ID:	47146   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CSX 42 Fuel Stop.jpg 
Views:	236 
Size:	440.5 KB 
ID:	47147   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CSX 42 The Adventure.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	456.4 KB 
ID:	47148  

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL