Page 36 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Thread: T3 GTP build

two point two much fun Turbo Mopar Staff Turbodave's Avatar

Re: T3 GTP build

Quote Originally Posted by 168glhs1986 View Post
    After sdac I will have a Consulier GTP sticker made for the rocker panels
    I was hoping it would say Coyote, and that you would grow you hair into a Hadcastle/McKormick guy perm.
    Dave Tekampe
    Director SDAC National
    VP SDAC-Chicago

85 GLH-Turbo (DC intercooled)
    86 GLHS #107
    87 GLHS #148
    87 CSX #161, #608, #674
    88 CSX-T #529, #541
    89 Shadow Competition Package and lots more...

Checking this car out in person is going to be one of my top priorities, can't wait to see it!
    [FONT="Arial Black"]Paul[/FONT] [B][SIZE="1"]US ARMY INFANTRY VETERAN[/B] 1995 Dodge Stealth R/T White DOHC 5 speed 1994 Dodge Stealth R/T Red DOHC 5 speed 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Blue TI 5 speed (2) 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Red TI auto 1991 Dodge Spirit R/T, Red (project) 1989 Shelby CSX-VNT #382 1989 Dodge Shadow ES, White TI auto 1987 Daytona Shelby Z, White TII 1987 Chrysler T&C wagon, Tan TII auto 1985 Dodge Lancer ES, Bronze TI auto 1982 Wife, White[/SIZE] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by GLHNSLHT2 View Post
    The blown ducts in F1 have been routed to the bottom side of the wing to stall it and allow a higher speed and better acceleration down the straights due to reduced drag. They were referred to as F-ducts and manually operated by the driver for the most part. These have now been outlawed.
    Yes, this is exactly what I was thinking of. The driver controlled the flow with their knee...pretty clever! When the car in that book was being tested there were no "rules" as they were just studying theories. I actually couldn't find much of anything about the actual aero of that car. I did find another aerodynamics paper the referenced the book we are using, however. I haven't read it yet, but it looks like it goes a little more in depth as far as modern practices and applications.

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    Thanks. I've found this chapter really interesting. The book is the most reading I've done about aero in a serious way to date.
    Not a problem! I think it's probably one of the best books that a person can have that is really trying to go nutzoid on their car. It can get a bit into the technical and math stuff, but to me, it keeps things clear enough that you don't have to get too bogged down in that to understand what is going on.

The update on how this car is running is friggin amazing! I wish I could get a ride!

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper1 View Post
    The update on how this car is running is friggin amazing! I wish I could get a ride!
    LOL!!

I own one but would still like to get a ride in his.

Chris-TU
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

boostaholic

"No idea what car it is, traded this dude for my Sportster this morning."
    MinivanRider

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper1 View Post
    Yes, this is exactly what I was thinking of. The driver controlled the flow with their knee...pretty clever! When the car in that book was being tested there were no "rules" as they were just studying theories. I actually couldn't find much of anything about the actual aero of that car. I did find another aerodynamics paper the referenced the book we are using, however. I haven't read it yet, but it looks like it goes a little more in depth as far as modern practices and applications.

Not a problem! I think it's probably one of the best books that a person can have that is really trying to go nutzoid on their car. It can get a bit into the technical and math stuff, but to me, it keeps things clear enough that you don't have to get too bogged down in that to understand what is going on.

Cool. If you get a chance, please post up the link to the other article if you feel it's worth reading.

turbo addict

T3 GTP build

Sooooo paint shop owner today said car HAS to dry overnight and can't be forced dry.....so he promised to open his doors so I can load it on the trailer tomorrow am at 6:30 !

Meeting Brian 120 miles away at 9am so he better be on time.

He did body work on the bumpers so I think the flat black will turn out nicely....at least that's what I'm hoping.

I actually like it with the white bumpers but it's not staying

Decals are ready for pickup also.

turbo addict

Oh did I tell you I scratched my windshield?

During the torrential rains leaving Philly last Friday and due to the rake of the windshield and worn down wipers....the metal from the wiper blade wore a nice scratch into the windshield.

I can catch my finger nail on it and hopefully they can buff it out to normal but still, anything windshield related with damage in the same sentence is not good with these cars.

Hybrid booster

Mike, buffing glass is freaking hard. If your fingernail catches it must be about .002" deep and hopefully less. When buffing a windshield you must spread the reworked area out or you may/will have distorsion.
    Get someone with a ---- load of experience to evaluate before starting. I don't know where the sratch is(vision area) or the curve of the winshield. But what I do know. It's a one shot deal!!
    I buff/repair them at work. And at $20 000 a pop and occaisionaly they have to be scraped. But we do have them in stock which is not the GTP's case!

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

20K for a windshield? You work on planes I take it?

turbo addict

Yes Spiro builds Jet planes for the rich and famous.

Fortunately it's not in a highly visible area, it's where the wiper returns to it's down position on the passenger side.

I'll bring Frankenstein up and park it in the hanger next to Alonso's Jet and you can buff it out for me.

Probably in early October.

Hybrid booster

Not Alonso...Hamilton or next to Lauda's or Hendrick Motorsports. Your choice

turbo addict

Oh my bad....Lauda has one also? I'm not surprised about Hendrick.

Your brand seems to be preferred by motorsport moguls.

Does the owner of Mont Tremblaunt have one? I'm hoping so since he's a Canadian resident.

Hybrid booster

I don't think I've ever been more jealous of a car than this one.

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by spiro440 View Post
    Mike, buffing glass is freaking hard. If your fingernail catches it must be about .002" deep and hopefully less. When buffing a windshield you must spread the reworked area out or you may/will have distorsion.
    Get someone with a ---- load of experience to evaluate before starting. I don't know where the sratch is(vision area) or the curve of the winshield. But what I do know. It's a one shot deal!!
    I buff/repair them at work. And at $20 000 a pop and occaisionaly they have to be scraped. But we do have them in stock which is not the GTP's case!
    What would a spare GTP windshield be worth..???

turbo addict

T3 GTP build

^^ Probably $1500 to most but $299 if you were to sell it to me

turbo addict

T3 GTP build

My friend Dave who owns the shop

Will be ready early am

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by 168glhs1986 View Post
    Oh my bad....Lauda has one also? I'm not surprised about Hendrick.

Your brand seems to be preferred by motorsport moguls.

Does the owner of Mont Tremblaunt have one? I'm hoping so since he's a Canadian resident.
    Yup, if I,'m not mistaken, Lawrence Stroll owns a Bombardier Global express. Top of the line Business jet.

Don't you get any rest? It's been one heck of a month for sure. Getting the paint to dry on a 120 mile drive is perfect. Time saving. Why wait and watch paint dry!! GO, GO, GO
    A sprint before SDAC.

turbo addict

Done !

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    Cool. If you get a chance, please post up the link to the other article if you feel it's worth reading.
    Here ya go! I still haven't read it yet. Haven't had time. I...umm..."procured" it off the net. Copy-paste into Word. You won't get some of the equations at the end because unless you have the "math" extension on Word it won't recognize the font. At least with old @ss Word 2007. It is a LOT of work to get it into Word...you basically have to do it one page at a time, and then it changes the font size to pretty much 1 letter per page so you have to go back and re-size it and it will also duplicate the pictures many times over, so unless you want that many repeats you have to delete those. With only a touch pad on a REALLY old laptop it's not easy and took forever. I suppose you could screenshot it as well and save it in Powerpoint.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/129642123/...s-of-a-Racecar

Quote Originally Posted by spiro440 View Post
    Yup, if I,'m not mistaken, Lawrence Stroll owns a Bombardier Global express. Top of the line Business jet.
    Man, Gulfstream all the way over here! LOL G650...fastest private jet in the world. It can hit Mach .95 IIRC. Either that or go all out and get a BBJ 747-8. You'll only have to wait something like 5 years for it (unless you buy a white tail and then have them covert the interior...I can hook you up with a really friggin good company to do that, too)! LOL