Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3434950515253
Results 1,041 to 1,057 of 1057

Thread: T3 GTP build

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Re: T3 GTP build

Every time I'm on a Roadcourse with the S2K's they are annoying as ish! On the straitaways I turn them into a dot in the rear view mirror, in the corners they are all up my arse. It's pretty universal with my cars, the Crossfire, Rampage, 87 GLHS, and 86 GLHS have all experienced it But heck, a quick Miata does the same thing to me. Now if I had a Mid engined GTP I'm sure it would be a different story

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor ForzaV12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2.216VTurbo View Post
    Every time I'm on a Roadcourse with the S2K's they are annoying as ish! On the straitaways I turn them into a dot in the rear view mirror, in the corners they are all up my arse. It's pretty universal with my cars, the Crossfire, Rampage, 87 GLHS, and 86 GLHS have all experienced it But heck, a quick Miata does the same thing to me. Now if I had a Mid engined GTP I'm sure it would be a different story
    Not to burst your bubble-but most of the newer stuff handles really well. My ATS easily out handles the last M3s I owned.
    87 GLHS ,66 Hemi Coronet, 69 Road Runner, 70 Challenger-"Vanishing Point", 68 Road Runner "Petty",69 ZL1 Corvette,2016 Scat Pack Challenger,67 Corvette vintage racer,Cadillac ATS Turbo, 66 GTO road racer,67 911S, Ford V Ferrari Porsche 906 and Ferrari P3

turbo addict

Steve is right. Cars just handle better and brake better than our low (no) technology cars. They keep momentum and even the newer turbos dont have lag.

To Alan's point, I am getting comfortable in the GTP coockpit. With a few more mods and years of seat time I'll be ready for the ultimate street car challenge.

Last week sliding it around on dry pavement at low speeds was a thrill. However there is a big difference between sliding around at 30 mph and sliding around at 100

On the short list of mods are better seats. Also considering a roll cage or at least a bar.

On the long list of mods are proper wheel offset and width and possible body mods to accommodate that.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor mopar-tech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 168glhs1986 View Post
    They keep momentum and even the newer turbos dont have lag.
    If you have lag, you are not driving it right ;-)

Working on clearing the decks.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by mopar-tech View Post
    If you have lag, you are not driving it right ;-)
    I wish that were the case.

I wanted a twin charged GTP but Brian talked me out of it. It would have sounded similar to this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARvesNfkXAs
    Last edited by 168glhs1986; 06-03-2015 at 09:34 AM.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor ForzaV12's Avatar

Steve is right. Cars just handle better and brake better than our low (no) technology cars. They keep momentum and even the newer turbos dont have lag.

To Alan's point, I am getting comfortable in the GTP coockpit. With a few more mods and years of seat time I'll be ready for the ultimate street car challenge.

Last week sliding it around on dry pavement at low speeds was a thrill. However there is a big difference between sliding around at 30 mph and sliding around at 100

On the short list of mods are better seats. Also considering a roll cage or at least a bar.

On the long list of mods are proper wheel offset and width and possible body mods to accommodate that.
    I'd love to see your car at USSC. It will be capable of some serious speed so a proper cage is not a bad idea. When I had mine, I also looked into a custom set of wheels. Lighter and perfect offset will help, but we both know you have more power than any tire that will fit the stock body can handle!
    87 GLHS ,66 Hemi Coronet, 69 Road Runner, 70 Challenger-"Vanishing Point", 68 Road Runner "Petty",69 ZL1 Corvette,2016 Scat Pack Challenger,67 Corvette vintage racer,Cadillac ATS Turbo, 66 GTO road racer,67 911S, Ford V Ferrari Porsche 906 and Ferrari P3

Hybrid booster

So. I went to find out if there are any USCA events close to FL.. and wouldn't you just know it...Aaron ( green targa ) lives about 10 min from this weekends USCA event in KY...
    I'm trying to talk him into going. I'm not sure his is race ready yet, but still would be cool to show up in something like the GTP, even as a spectator.

turbo addict

Did you end up going Matt?

Hybrid booster

Did you end up going Matt?
    Unfortunately not. Timing was too close to line up travel.
    I told Aaron, but he too had other commitments...something about a new house and moving and boxes and not wanting to leave his pregnant wife alone to move while he was out at the track... I quit listening when he started saying he was too busy... LOL

Hybrid booster

While Car is apart having head rebuilt , freeze plugs replaced. And a few other issues addressed ,

Just sent headers out to "jet-hot" to thermally coat them. It protects the metal, comes in many colors. stays cooler both inside and out. Www.jet-hot.com

Awhile back in the build thread there were pictures of the powder coated headers and other " hot parts " , the powder coating did not last. Flaked off in big pieces.
    Header also got hot! Hot enough to melt the shock eyelet. , and the starter turned to molten lava.

This process seems to be the best option.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Hybrid booster

Corner of number 4 cylinder leaking through porous weld.
    Evidently this welding of the oil port or plug with an npt fitting is a common on t3's. This weld did not hold up.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor rx2mazda's Avatar

Nice to see this beast getting love from somebody in the community! Tell me you're going to paint it.

Hybrid booster

Noooo to paint.

That's why

This all discovered after I got it.
    it was fitted with t3 then removed when they could not source enough.

Last edited by polopharm; 04-23-2016 at 09:44 PM.

turbo addict

That's AWESOME!!

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polopharm View Post
    While Car is apart having head rebuilt , freeze plugs replaced. And a few other issues addressed ,

Just sent headers out to "jet-hot" to thermally coat them. It protects the metal, comes in many colors. stays cooler both inside and out. Www.jet-hot.com

Awhile back in the build thread there were pictures of the powder coated headers and other " hot parts " , the powder coating did not last. Flaked off in big pieces.
    Header also got hot! Hot enough to melt the shock eyelet. , and the starter turned to molten lava.

This process seems to be the best option.

Can you post some pics of the flaked off coating? I had my exhaust pieces ceramic coated at the same place with the same stuff.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

Hybrid booster

I already sent it to the other company. I will check n see if they have started.

I was stupid n didn't take any pictures , but I also wasn't sure who had done it.

How is yours holding up ?

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

It's fine, but I only have about 20 minutes of run time on them.

- - - Updated - - -

Closing thread at the request of the original poster.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3434950515253