Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Brought home my 3rd Tubo van

boostaholic

Re: Brought home my 3rd Tubo van

Quote Originally Posted by wheming View Post
    Nice. I'll have to check out one of those batteries. Still using the full-size one in Mini. And she could stand to lose a few pounds.... its part of her new year's resolution....
    Im probally going to use a cut down stock battery tray to use it.

boostaholic

Finally got it back on the road after figuring out my wiring gremlins.Stupidity on my part.Took it for a test drive.It really likes the new intercooler.Still need to get it mounted properly.Didnt use the Fit battery due to not wanting to make a custom holdown right now.Ended up with a interstate MT-86.Narrower than stock battery but reaches both stock holddown points.Ill use a Fit batt in the GRm van.Picked up some really nice vinyl seats out of a 85 Van with 45k on it.Theyll go in next weekend.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

Those straps look legit to me. I thought my intercooler mounts were going to be temporary until i finished them and they were surprisingly strong. Do you have a pic with the battery installed? I had to modify my battery tray to turn it sideways to mount my intercooler.

Dont push the red button.You hear me?

boostaholic

I should probally update this.Long story short broke the T2 Garrett,litterly exhaust wheel almost came out.Installed a super 60 I picked up used went 13.68@100,then seals went out of Turbo.Sat for almost a year installed a used Enforcer Garrett went 13.9 and it still ran.Did install some really cool Vinyl seats which are mint.Came out of a 43k 84 or 85 voyager.2nd gear now pops out and grinds sometimes.How bottom end is still alive is beyond me.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678