just a very large one.

Dont push the red button.You hear me?

boostaholic

Re: Brought home my 3rd Tubo van

Quote Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
    Id post a pic but youd tell me i need to lower it

boostaholic

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Craig View Post
    Thanks.Sadly wife told me I can either fix van or go to sdac.So Im going to sdac.Probally wont be able to make it next year unless its here or in DC.So Im going without the van.But I will have a Turbododge there,just a very large one.
    Bummer on the broken slug Can always see if someone has a used one with the same letter on it

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

Hey, slamming everything is not for everybody! I just like the vans more when they have been lowered a bit.

As for mine, i finally put my 18s on it. It needs to come down a little more in the front and a lot more in the back but it needs a much higher spring rate in front to avoid wheel-fender contact, and i think the back will come down when i put the interior and a bench seat back in it. It's an ugly old POS but any bolt-on stuff i do to it can be moved over to a nicer van when the right deal comes along. Problem is the only ones i see locally have horrible color schemes. I wish i could find one like yours!!

two point two much fun Turbo Mopar Staff Turbodave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Craig View Post
    Thanks.Sadly wife told me I can either fix van or go to sdac.So Im going to sdac.Probally wont be able to make it next year unless its here or in DC.So Im going without the van.But I will have a Turbododge there,just a very large one.
    I have a solution, fix the van at SDAC! I've probably got a spare piston or two...
    Dave Tekampe
    Director SDAC National
    VP SDAC-Chicago

85 GLH-Turbo (DC intercooled)
    86 GLHS #107
    87 GLHS #148
    87 CSX #161, #608, #674
    88 CSX-T #529, #541
    89 Shadow Competition Package and lots more...

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
    Hey, slamming everything is not for everybody! I just like the vans more when they have been lowered a bit.

As for mine, i finally put my 18s on it. It needs to come down a little more in the front and a lot more in the back but it needs a much higher spring rate in front to avoid wheel-fender contact, and i think the back will come down when i put the interior and a bench seat back in it. It's an ugly old POS but any bolt-on stuff i do to it can be moved over to a nicer van when the right deal comes along. Problem is the only ones i see locally have horrible color schemes. I wish i could find one like yours!!

How did you lower the rear of yours?Yours is same color as my old 90.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Turbodave View Post
    I have a solution, fix the van at SDAC! I've probably got a spare piston or two...
    Needs to be a ..020 Mahle.Got any of those Dave?If I can get one Id fix it before SDAC.It only take a few hours to throw it back together.Id love to bring it.

boostaholic

Here are some pics the track photographer taken of the van on both times to PRP.She absolutely loved the vasn and took some great pics.

- - - Updated - - -

Badass!

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

That looks pretty sweet!

I lowered mine in the back by putting an AWD axle in it with the stock FWD springs. The downside of that is the AWD has the bigger bolt pattern so you either have to swap the front to match, or get dual bolt pattern wheels, or just run mismatched wheels.

Hybrid booster

I like how she caught you going red in that last pic. Too soon Junior. lol
    '88 Lebaron convertible. RWD 408/A500/8.75" 466hp/511tq. First pass coming soon.... '05 Magnum R/T. 13.79@102 Member SWPA-SDAC. The Steel city chapter.

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Gearhead24-7 View Post
    I like how she caught you going red in that last pic. Too soon Junior. lol
    If you dont red light every now and then your not trying hard enough.

Quote Originally Posted by gearhead24-7 View Post
    too soon junior. Lol
    lol!!!

boostaholic

After breaking the rings last drag strip outing,getting the wrong parts trying to get it to sdac I finally have it back together.Its running great.Bought a set of ebay .020 pistons.Only replaced the bad one.Had to use a set of rings of gearhead24-7 because the hastings i recieved where for a 3.0.Its been a cluster fart.Have ot all cleaned up for carlisle.Cant wait should be a good time!

boostaholic

Put over 400 miles on trip to Carlisle.Ran great down highway at 70mph.Ran a little hotter thn Id like on the hills but I think that a radiatoir problem since the fins are starting to rot.Only problem is it developed a oil leak which I think is rear main seal but i still have to check it out.Next on the list is fix oil leak,get rad fixed and possibly recored,install new intercooler I picked up at SDAC.Im going to put it on pass side so inlet and outlet are on same side.People at Carlsile loved the van.It was the only one i saw there.Didnt win anything but hey I hate car shows anywa,lol.

Hybrid booster

It just dawned on me that you left that 2 piece intake on. I'd think you would have changed that when you had the head off.
    '88 Lebaron convertible. RWD 408/A500/8.75" 466hp/511tq. First pass coming soon.... '05 Magnum R/T. 13.79@102 Member SWPA-SDAC. The Steel city chapter.

boostaholic

Fixed the oil leak,the clamps werent tight on the turbo drain hose which im surprised its the only thing I left loose.

boostaholic

Havent really done much to it since carlisle.Installed a shift light so i dont have to rely on the unreliable tach.Want to get the intercooler i picked up at sdac on it and get something to change the ecu.Ive been driving it alot since weather has been pretty mild.

boostaholic

Havent really done much to it.Have too much going on with the house.Did pull rad and take it to local rad shop.Its no good.Have to pick up another one soon.Want to get it ready for cecil next month.

boostaholic

Finally get around to update.Went down to the Cecil fun day and broke the van.Went a best of a 15.0 @87 and it just went down hill from there.Kept getting slower and slower all day.Didnt find out what broke until i go it home.Coming back from work the the trans started slipping bad.Limped it home and trans is toast.I havent taken pan off yet but Im betting the convertor let go.Not how I wanted it to end this season.I did pick up a 568 small spline and have all the Swap stuff i grabbed from Pat Culkin so its getting a manul trans.Have to send out the shifter to maddog sts for a custom short throw like I had in my 90.Somone on here has that shifter still.Once th swap is done Im going to have the rear springs dearched,install the bigger Intercooler and probally just drive it.Not sure how much trak use itll get this year.I really enjoy taking it to shows and cruises and seeing peoples reactions to it.Itll deffinately be more fun with the manuals and more streetable.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast