Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Brought home my 3rd Tubo van

Hybrid booster

Re: Brought home my 3rd Tubo van

We need to get the boost cranked up on that thing. If you think that RFL is fun with 14psi and the auto, you'll love it with 25psi and the 5spd.
    '88 Lebaron convertible. RWD 408/A500/8.75" 466hp/511tq. First pass coming soon.... '05 Magnum R/T. 13.79@102 Member SWPA-SDAC. The Steel city chapter.

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Gearhead24-7 View Post
    We need to get the boost cranked up on that thing. If you think that RFL is fun with 14psi and the auto, you'll love it with 25psi and the 5spd.
    Then give up that turbo and head,lol

Hybrid booster

Lol. That motor will hold 25 as is no problem.
    '88 Lebaron convertible. RWD 408/A500/8.75" 466hp/511tq. First pass coming soon.... '05 Magnum R/T. 13.79@102 Member SWPA-SDAC. The Steel city chapter.

boostaholic

I think I called dibs on that head first but I'll probably never need it.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

You'll probably want to take it to the track again once you feel how much faster it will be with the 5spd.

My 5spd TBI-engine mitsu turbo 1pc intake 2.5 on stock injectors van feels about as fast at 15-16 psi as my 3spd auto SRT4-swapped van does at 15-16psi if that tells you anything.

Dont push the red button.You hear me?

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
    You'll probably want to take it to the track again once you feel how much faster it will be with the 5spd.

My 5spd TBI-engine mitsu turbo 1pc intake 2.5 on stock injectors van feels about as fast at 15-16 psi as my 3spd auto SRT4-swapped van does at 15-16psi if that tells you anything.

I know i probally will,lol.But Itll have a $26 Borg Warner Clutch in it i picked up from Rockauto a few years ago when I had my 90 5spd.So who knows how long that will last.I bet it would go mid 14's in current state with the 5spd.I like a 5spd,I can row some gearsAsk Marra,lol
    Last edited by Sgt Craig; 01-14-2015 at 06:50 PM. Reason: im a idiot

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Craig View Post
    I know i probally will,lol.But Itll have a $26 Borg Warner Clutch in it i picked up from Rockauto a few years ago when I had my 90 5spd.So who knows how long that will last.I bet it would go mid 14's in current state with the 5spd.I like a 5spd,I can row some gearsAsk Marra,lol
    Dunno about your skilz with a shifter but you can sure change a tire

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by 2.216VTurbo View Post
    Dunno about your skilz with a shifter but you can sure change a tire
    yeah I just watch everyone else change it,lol

boostaholic

Pulled the pan off the auto.No clucth material all metal,pretty sure convertor let go.Wife was not pleased basement smelled like burnt trans fluid for a few weeks..Sending flywheel out this week.Should be swapping the 568 in next few weeks.Once its in ill drop it back on ground pull seats and get cables,pedals shifter base installed.Really looking forward to getting this done.

boostaholic

Flywheel is done so next weekend Ill get trans swapped in and yank interior.

boostaholic

Did the flywheel let go? It was brand new when I put the motor in.

Hybrid booster

Flywheel. Not Flexplate. He's putting a 568 in it.

boostaholic

The 568.axles and mounts are back in.Thanks to Pat Culkin for bailing me out of the proper trans mount!Yanked the seats,will start on column,pedals,cables shifters this week or weekend.Thanks to gearhead24-7 for helping get the trans in!

boostaholic

I guess i should finally update.We swapped the 568 in.Van ran good but didnt get it to track before SDAC.Before SDAC upgraded the fuel pump with Walbro 255.Stock pump was nearly clogged with debris.No idea how long it was in there.Added +40's and Boost button ECU.Took it to SDAC where I had a wedding in cleveland on 4th,Drove back to Pittsburgh that night.Woke up at 3am,stop to get fuel in truck few miles from home and find i have a flat on trailer.After 3 hours of messing around trying to get a plug in it at gas station.Towed it back to work and went back home to bed.Finally got to SDAc,Drove van over to show where i got 3rd in van class.So dragday comes and Find that van doesnt run right and bucks and misses under boost.After messing with it all day i finally throw in the towel.I cannot Thanks Pat Culkin,Warren Hall,james Reeves,Seth and others that tried to help me enough.Myself and pat finnally figure it out on Wed before start of road rallye.Cam timing was way off.Ok cool Figure that out.now clutch doesnt like the extra power.Crap.Limp the thing to Carlisle from hotel.Leave it at carlilse most of weekend.Tow it back home.Now the next chapter begins.

Take it to some shows and cruises.Put a used 4puck in it i picked up off supershadow(Ryan)It drives great now,no more slipping.Woohoo lets go back to track for a street car night at PRP.get there at 7pm and I drag gearhead24-7 along.after oil downs,a crash another oil down i finally get a pass at 12:30 am!Runs 15.54@87.Im like wtf!it also blowing oil out everwhere!Find VC was broken on corner and gasket was junk.So i take it to a few more shows and cruises.I finally get around to smoke tested it at work.Find TB gasket leaking.Awesome great put on the NOS gasket i picked up at Norwalk for $1(yes seriously).It runs freakin awesome!So go back to track last Sunday for a private rental.Im a little skeptical thatll itll barely run 14's.First pass with mix of 93and c12 and 16psi it goes 14.54@93.Im happy has hell.So we keep creeping up the boost.14.17@95,So i get one good launch with a1.96 60ft and freakin botch 4th.Ugg there was my 13's!.So i go for one last hoorah with gearhead24-7 egging me on and adjusting the grainger.14.04@@94!2.0 60'Im freakin estatic!So i go for one more.nope 14.17@95!Oh well.Im going to Cecil in a few weeks.it should go 13's there.DA was 966ft at PRP which is unheard of for there.maddog STS will be in by then Thank you to Chris Ellis(gearhead24-7) and pat Culkin for the help and motivation !

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

Im such a van stalker i somehow knew about your 14.0 through someone else before you posted about it. Heh. Congrats on the eventual successes! I know how much it sucks to chase stupid little problems for months before you finally get the car to work right. I'm going through that with my old Spirit right now, and it probably won't even run 14.0 at the end! Yours will go quicker in no time!

Dont push the red button.You hear me?

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
    Im such a van stalker i somehow knew about your 14.0 through someone else before you posted about it. Heh. Congrats on the eventual successes! I know how much it sucks to chase stupid little problems for months before you finally get the car to work right. I'm going through that with my old Spirit right now, and it probably won't even run 14.0 at the end! Yours will go quicker in no time!
    LOl probally from my posts on FB!

boostaholic

I was also interviewed for a documentary Sunday.Heres a preview.For some reason They love the van

boostaholic

loaded up for Cecil next weekend.Ibnstalled some pizza's on rear.Save about 20lbs compared to srt wheels.I think itll go 13.7's there.

Hybrid booster

Too bad I'm in California, your van vs mine would be a good race! both stickshifts.

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by jefo View Post
    Too bad I'm in California, your van vs mine would be a good race! both stickshifts.
    yeah I wish mine had the mph yours does id be close to 12's

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast