Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: MPScanDroid

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: MPScanDroid

Try it now. The original screenshot didn't show up on my phone either, just on my computer. even though I used the forum upload.
    89 Voyager LE, 2.5T2 - rest in peace
    87 Charger Shelby T2 (2.4 conversion in process)

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

Oh boy!
    Someone is making progress!

Here, i'll help out...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1458868833869.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	40.7 KB 
ID:	57719
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

boostaholic

yaaaaaaaaay!

just working on the graphical layouts for the various table types. most are done. probably won't do the ramp tables, 3d tables or calculated tables at this time. too complex and need to either find a 3d graphing library or look at doing my own - so low priority. not sure about the AFR line either. the android o/s is not really a platform to do much fine manipulation or data entry so i'm not going to make it as "full featured" as the regular windows version. once it's released i'll look at updating it based on user feedback.

chromguy has assembled an mpscilink device for me. i need to send him all the beta software so he can do some basic testing before he sends me my test board. hopefully this weekend. i need to add a couple more menu items to the windows versions to help do some maintenance type functions for the mpscilink device. but generally everything is done. getting close.

Thanks for the update!
    Wayne H.

'89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw

Man if MPScanDroid can work, I will be super excited. I don't mind doing MPTune on my laptop, but it will be nice if we can do both on an Android platform. This will give me a good reason to get a tablet. Thanks for the work Morris!
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Morris, did you do something with and update? Somehow i am getting prompted for an update when i start MPScandroid but i show the same version 1.0.0.3
    Wayne H.

I did. I was switching things over to the new version. Forgot there was someone actually using the droid version. I'll set it back . sorry.

**edit**
    also, after 4/8 the download site for the old version will no longer exist. hopefully that won't brick the version you're using.

Quote Originally Posted by wowzer View Post
    I did. I was switching things over to the new version. Forgot there was someone actually using the droid version. I'll set it back . sorry.

**edit**
    also, after 4/8 the download site for the old version will no longer exist. hopefully that won't brick the version you're using.
    Ugh. Can the updated .apk be used?
    I'd prefer not to lose all my settings and layout. Will the update overwrite or maintain those data (log, layout, and config files)
    I planned to use the droid version this week, and especially friday at the track. I think friday is the 8th!
    Wayne H.

i'll do some testing with my phone on the old version to make sure it doesn't freeze and let you know.

i'll do some testing with my phone on the old version to make sure it doesn't freeze and let you know.
    Thanks Morris!
    This is a critical week for me since i really need all my little duckies to play nice and stay lined up in a row.
    Hoping for a favorable time at the track Friday. Things seem pretty decent right now.
    And i think the droid version actually does a better job than my laptop.
    Wayne H.

wayne, i think i've got all the old ftdi code ported over to the new version. i was testing it tonight on my S4 with the ftdi cable and it seems to work ok. i'll work on it tomorrow or tuesday night again just to make sure and then send it to you to install. that way you'll have a couple days to make sure it works. it seemed a bit slow to me so i'll look at tweaking the code some. main point is to try to eliminate any bugs i may have introduced when i brought over all the old code and integrated it with the bluetooth stuff. only the logging part was completed. i have not had time to work on the read/flash side of things for the ftdi cable.

Ok. I just need to utilize the logging. I'm running on a Samsung Galaxy S5 Active.

So the logging with the new version seems slower? Can i just opt to not update? Or did you say some part of this old code will not function correctly after the new update is out?
    Generally with android i opt to not update most apps that are functioning normally. Been burnt too many times with an update where i lose function or developers include more ads. (I know that isn't the case here). So i maintain backup of the original apk files so i can go back when that happens.
    Wayne H.

hang on to the old apk. however, the new apk should work just as well once i get it all sorted out.

turbo addict

Where is the default log file save location? I made 4 logs but for the life of me I can't find them on my phone, even with a search.

:found them, had to plug phone in. Without root access I couldn't go to the Android/data folder on the phone itself.
    Ian Adams Function>Form 1990 shadow scrapped, too rusty:( 1991 Spirit R/T Scrapped, parts sold:( 1989 Turbo Caravan Daily beater with built-[I]ish [/I]​engine slowly evolving into weekend turbo beater.

did it actually work? :-) didn't realize anybody other than wayne was trying to use it! i probably should send you the latest version. there have been a few changes. i'ld like to see one of the log files if you don't mind.

turbo addict

did it actually work? :-) didn't realize anybody other than wayne was trying to use it! i probably should send you the latest version. there have been a few changes. i'ld like to see one of the log files if you don't mind.
    I just started using it on my van. Worked great. I downloaded this version (2.0.0.0) from your google page. I made up a quick layout and made a few pulls. Did exactly what I wanted it to do. (Could have been faster but I filled the screen with stuff I could trim back a bit)

I wanted to try it a while ago but for some reason my galaxy S5 did not like the OTG adapter I had. My new GS7 works great with no dropouts.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Ian Adams Function>Form 1990 shadow scrapped, too rusty:( 1991 Spirit R/T Scrapped, parts sold:( 1989 Turbo Caravan Daily beater with built-[I]ish [/I]​engine slowly evolving into weekend turbo beater.

Quote Originally Posted by shackwrrr View Post
    I just started using it on my van. Worked great. I downloaded this version (2.0.0.0) from your google page. I made up a quick layout and made a few pulls. Did exactly what I wanted it to do. (Could have been faster but I filled the screen with stuff I could trim back a bit)

I wanted to try it a while ago but for some reason my galaxy S5 did not like the OTG adapter I had. My new GS7 works great with no dropouts.
    I don't know if that TPSPOS is right. I use TPSv.
    The new version seems to be working at least as well as the older one (I actually like it better). I've used both, have the old version on my newer phone (Galaxy S5 Active) and the new mpscandroid2 on the old spare phone (Galaxy SII Skyrocket).
    One thing about the old version, I'm not sure if the triggers worked. I have used the trigger sucessfully in the new version.

Morris - it might be helpful to get some data from another user since there is someone else interested in this? If you are ready after those changes to the ram setup for the analog inputs. But that wouldn't affect him.
    Wayne H.

turbo addict

Yeah I noticed that the TPS wasn't working in the log. I planned on removing that for now since WOT tuning is really all I'm worried about for a while

Quote Originally Posted by shackwrrr View Post
    Yeah I noticed that the TPS wasn't working in the log. I planned on removing that for now since WOT tuning is really all I'm worried about for a while
    Try using TPSV. I find my WOT TPS volts to read 4v
    So, when you are logging you'll know which part was wot.
    Also you could set a trigger so it only logs when your TPS is at a certain voltage. I used like 2v, so it can start a log as i go to wot. Set the trigger off at like 1v, so as you lift it stops the log.
    Wayne H.

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast