Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: MPScanDroid

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

Re: MPScanDroid

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    Thanks Rob. Got two ordered from monoprice. At under $3 per unit, I should have gotten 3 or 4. 😛
    Yes, considering i just paid $6.91 for a B.I.N. on ebay. Have not tried mine yet. Will have to wait a week.
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

turbo addict

I paid $0.98 and mine works fine. Anyone reading this who is even remotely interested in MPSCAN (PC version or not) and has an Android phone, should go buy the usb to go adapter right now, so it doesn't hold them up later. Get the cheapest one on flea bay and who cares about the 2 week delivery time!

Quote Originally Posted by wheming View Post
    Yes, considering i just paid $6.91 for a B.I.N. on ebay. Have not tried mine yet. Will have to wait a week.
    Man if you haven't been to Monoprice, you should check it out some time. They have just about every type of cable and most prices are well below what you'll find online or in a store. Shipping is usually pretty good, couple of days depending on where they ship from. I bought a box of shielded cat6 cable and boots and ends for around $200 for everything.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

I'll try to remember that!
    But more than likely, I'll forget when i have additional cabling needs!
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

Quote Originally Posted by wheming View Post
    I'll try to remember that!
    But more than likely, I'll forget when i have additional cabling needs!
    BTW, this is what I paid for two with shipping from Monoprice. I'll let you know if they work, but everything I have purchased from them does.

GRAND TOTAL : $5.18
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Trying to get this to work, I have the OTG adapter. Is there anything else I need to do? I am getting the same error as before, Cannot open port and USB disconnected. The cable when plugged in will be identified by my phone and the tablet I'm working with, a Nexus 8 or 10. Both do the same thing. I am using a cable from Rob that was tested on Windows, so I know the cable is good and will connect.

Are there files I can pull or should other settings be set? I plan to try on the GLHS tonight, but any advice for anyone using it on Android is appreciated.

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

Trying to get this to work, I have the OTG adapter. Is there anything else I need to do? I am getting the same error as before, Cannot open port and USB disconnected. The cable when plugged in will be identified by my phone and the tablet I'm working with, a Nexus 8 or 10. Both do the same thing. I am using a cable from Rob that was tested on Windows, so I know the cable is good and will connect.

Are there files I can pull or should other settings be set? I plan to try on the GLHS tonight, but any advice for anyone using it on Android is appreciated.
    Android recognizes the cable when its plugged in? Then it should work, I think...
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Haha I believe you, just doesn't. My phone says error opening USB port and USB disconnected. The nexus just tells me the USB is disconnected. Checked developer mode and tried it on and off with no luck either way. I have a profile and layout and gauges, just won't connect. Running 4.4.2, the tablet is running 5.1. It's a nexus 7.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

with the bad luck people are having using a windows pc on LM ecus i'm not surprised MPSDroid doesn't work. just double checking but i assume you made sure the ftdi cable eeprom was programmed correctly, i.e, inverted rx/tx signals? i'ld first make sure you can log with the ftdi cable and a pc before i'ld try the droid and the otg cable. i'll break out my nexus 10 and see if i can get it to work. it's been so long since i tried it i've almost forgot how it works. i'll need to find my logic analyzer also so i can monitor the communications.. maybe this weekend.
    89 Voyager LE, 2.5T2 - rest in peace
    87 Charger Shelby T2 (2.4 conversion in process)

Quote Originally Posted by wowzer View Post
    with the bad luck people are having using a windows pc on LM ecus i'm not surprised MPSDroid doesn't work. just double checking but i assume you made sure the ftdi cable eeprom was programmed correctly, i.e, inverted rx/tx signals? i'ld first make sure you can log with the ftdi cable and a pc before i'ld try the droid and the otg cable. i'll break out my nexus 10 and see if i can get it to work. it's been so long since i tried it i've almost forgot how it works. i'll need to find my logic analyzer also so i can monitor the communications.. maybe this weekend.
    Should the rx/tx be inverted from that of Windows? I was able to get my PC connected via the same cable I had hooked up. Unfortnuately I can't test that cable again, accidentally closed the door on the cable. Beyond pissed about that. But if the cable is configured with check boxes ticked (on or yes) for the Windows cable, will it be unchecked for MP Scandroid? If it's supposed to be the same, then I'd like to figure out how to get it working. I can program the cable to be inverted on my GLHS, still have that one.

Also for Rob, the adapter for the FTDI cable to the service port under the hood, is there anything special with that? If I take the FTDI cable and wire it directly to the LM (to the right pins of course), should that work? I noticed there were some little things on the chip, but not sure what the purpose of them is. I'll re-program the FTDI cable on the GLHS and see if I can get it to work.

Should the rx/tx be inverted from that of Windows? I was able to get my PC connected via the same cable I had hooked up. Unfortnuately I can't test that cable again, accidentally closed the door on the cable. Beyond pissed about that. But if the cable is configured with check boxes ticked (on or yes) for the Windows cable, will it be unchecked for MP Scandroid? If it's supposed to be the same, then I'd like to figure out how to get it working. I can program the cable to be inverted on my GLHS, still have that one.

Also for Rob, the adapter for the FTDI cable to the service port under the hood, is there anything special with that? If I take the FTDI cable and wire it directly to the LM (to the right pins of course), should that work? I noticed there were some little things on the chip, but not sure what the purpose of them is. I'll re-program the FTDI cable on the GLHS and see if I can get it to work.
    It should work. The stuff on the board with my cables is only used for flashing an SBEC.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

the ftdi cable should be set up the same for both windows and android versions. only need to set it up once.

Hybrid booster

I'm having the same "error opening usb port" error on my SMEC. It worked for a little while about 8 months ago ( now that I think about it that was on my old phone ) and I thought it quit working because my phone was full of pics and stuff. I cleared off a bunch of things reinstalled MPScandroid, recreated a simple layout and vehicle profile and it still doesn't work.
    Galaxy s4 os 4.4.4

My cable works fine to flash the ecu ( did it twice yesterday ). The odd thing is that if I pull the otc dongle and reconnect it, it recognizes it and wants to open MPScandroid, but whenever I try to click to connect to the ecu it errors out.

Are there any specific options in developer options that need to be check?

You shouldn't have to do anything in developer options.

Does the phone/tablet recognize the cable being plugged in (outside of MPScandroid)? If not, you may need to power the cable externally.

Not all devices supply power to the USB-OTG cable. A good way to check is, connect a USB Thumb drive to your USB-OTG cable. If Android recognizes the thumb drive, the the bus is powered. If not, you need to get a 'Y' cable and power the bus externally.

Most newer high-end devices (from the past 2 years) will be powered. Older than that, or entry level devices maybe not. Galaxy, HTC, Nexus devices should supply power to the USB bus.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

guys, let me look at mpsd this weekend. it was the first android app i ever did so i'm just surprised it works at all!! the android o/s is very persnickity since it likes to inactivate idle programs and is NOT set up at all to do the serial type transmissions we need. that is why i'm hoping someone develops a simple IC that can poll the ecu and packet up the info that android (and windows) mpscan applications can access via bluetooth. i'm planning on working on the IC setup this fall if others don't first. until then i'll see what i can do with the current setup.

I'll try and uninstall and then reinstall with the cable connected. The otg cable does power the drive and it is recognized when plugged in. I'll test this later and see if I have any luck. If there shouldn't be any changes from windows to Android, then I don't know what is wrong. It worked fine on my laptop and going to Android doesn't. Maybe it will help to have the cable plugged in during the installation.

Hybrid booster

...persnickity... you made my day I haven't heard that in ages

What kills me is that I know it used to work...I'm wondering if my usb cable is too long... I'll check in a couple of hrs

Well I'm assuming others have gotten it to work, so just curious what they did possibly differently than what I'm doing? Unfortunately for me, I have to tinker and will more than likely keep messing with mine, but not sure what all else I can do. Regardless, thanks again for the time and effort you put into this Morris, it's greatly appreciated.

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor CSX321's Avatar

Well I'm assuming others have gotten it to work, so just curious what they did possibly differently than what I'm doing?
    Nope, I can't get it to work on my Nexus 5, either. It usually won't connect, the app dies sometimes, and I can't figure out how to add more than one gauge to a layout in the app. I'm running the latest version and security update of Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), so it's possible there's some incompatibility. MPScan on my laptop does work okay.

@wowzer, I develop Android apps as a sideline (today one of my apps reached #19 in Paid Card Games on Google Play). My "day job" is primarily C#. I'd be happy to help with MPScanDroid development, if you'd like, particularly with LM cars, since I have one.

Garrett booster

thinking about getting this tablet http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...2FD455YECC79QF

would this work with mpscan droid? i need a tablet at the track cause they will not let me race with my laptop not mounted to the car and I am having issues with it not connecting so would like to try the andriod software, thanks for any help

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast