Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: MPScanDroid

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

MPScanDroid

This will be the main thread i'm going to use for the version of mpscan for android called mpscandroid.

here is the link to download MPScandroid. Subsequent updates will typically be done automatically via the program's auto update feature.

MPScandroid

some phones will not download an apk file directly. so i renamed the file to MPScandroid.apkext. after you download it you need to rename it back to MPScandroid.apk. then you should be able to install it and subsequent auto updates should work (you may need to give the autoupdater permission).

latest version: 2.0.1.9 (as of 7/25/2020)

This is the newest version of mpscandroid that supports the new mpscilink device via bluetooth. (usb access is no longer supported). additionally, it supports reading/flashing/editing a binary file via the mpscilink device.

once installed please update all the csv layout files under the miscellaneous menu.

the first thing you need to do is create a "layout" file. basically add a gauge and select the ram location. generally it is very similar to the way you do it in the windows version. in fact, the .mpc files can be interchanged between the windows version and android version if you prefer to do it that way. once you add a gauge you can touch the gauge which will give you additional options such as sizing, moving, display changes, etc. the layout can be bigger than the screen display and can be scrolled by touching an unused portion of the screen and dragging it.

next you need to create a vehicle profile. all this does is create a link between the layout file you just created with a unique name. you also specify what type of ecu this profile is for. so if your layout is simple enough (i.e. uses ram locations that are common in multiple ecu types) you could create multiple profiles with the same layout file and just select different ecu types. quick and easy.

once the vehicle profile is setup you are ready to log. once you get into the logging screen select the profile you want to use. then you need to connect to the ecu by pressing the ECU button. it should turn green once connected. the just press the logging button right next to it to start logging. when done press the logging stop button and disconnect from the ecu. before exiting the screen make sure you save the log so you can play it back later. log files are saved with the name format of year_month_day_hour_minute_second.mpl.

once you save a log file you can play it back. additionally you can copy it to your pc and play it back using the windows version.
    Last edited by wowzer; 08-24-2020 at 10:22 AM.
    89 Voyager LE, 2.5T2 - rest in peace
    87 Charger Shelby T2 (2.4 conversion in process)

turbo addict

Re: MPScanDroid

Subbed and access request sent.
    Ian Adams Function>Form 1990 shadow scrapped, too rusty:( 1991 Spirit R/T Scrapped, parts sold:( 1989 Turbo Caravan Daily beater with built-[I]ish [/I]​engine slowly evolving into weekend turbo beater.

you're not able to get to the site?

boostaholic

How would one go about making it talk to an LM-equipped car? Could I create the files in the windows version and move them over?

I don't have my car available to test this out at the moment, but the app starts and runs on my Asus TF700 so that's a start.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by wowzer View Post
    you're not able to get to the site?
    I tried downloading it and it said I had to ask for permission first
    Ian Adams Function>Form 1990 shadow scrapped, too rusty:( 1991 Spirit R/T Scrapped, parts sold:( 1989 Turbo Caravan Daily beater with built-[I]ish [/I]​engine slowly evolving into weekend turbo beater.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by shackwrrr View Post
    I tried downloading it and it said I had to ask for permission first
    Never mind, I was clicking on the version number instead of the download arrow.

Quote Originally Posted by iangoround View Post
    How would one go about making it talk to an LM-equipped car? Could I create the files in the windows version and move them over?

I don't have my car available to test this out at the moment, but the app starts and runs on my Asus TF700 so that's a start.
    Rob Lloyd is working on updating the cross reference table that relates the "ram location definition" to the specific ecu ram location. if you know the specific locations already with their corresponding name then you could enter the address yourself in the cross reference table. I'ld wait until rob finishes it for you.

i still need to work out some of the problems that happen when you switch orientations.

just an update - pretty close to releasing a production version. spent some time adding the auto updater program. i'm not going to use the google play store at this point but just update like the regular mpscan program does. the only thing i really need to work on yet is trying to get a better and more reliable connection. for some reason it periodically gets a bad sample, which messes up the min/max values that can be tracked. need to hook up my saleae logic analyzer and see if i can ID a problem. don't know if it is just an inherent problem in our ecu's or not.

the beta version is now posted if anybody wants to give it a look. may need to uninstall the previous version first if you ever had installed it.

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

Sweet!
    And thank you for all your efforts!
    Will be nice to have another means to datalog.
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

also, i need to update the windows version to work like the android version. then you will be able to move config files back and forth between the two. hopefully in the next month or two that will be done. you now can move log files back and forth, although the gauges may not display exactly the same but should be fairly close.

released version 1.0.0.0 -

Thank you for putting in the effort to port this application to Android. I have long waited for this time. Now to get a tablet integrated into my center console!
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Mitsu booster

I assume the readings i am logging are more aaccurate than my gauges are. My temp gauge reads about a third up and my logging is showing about 202 degrees. Also, is there a way to log A/F? I set up the gauge for it, but i go to log the gauge is not on the screen. everything else seems to work right and shows up.

Thanks for this. Its so much easier using my tablet rather than my laptop.

Troy

the afr does NOT work. never could figure out how to get the data to compute correctly using the injector pulsewidth and another table (i forget). some have used an unused port (charge temp sensor?) to hook in their wide band directly and log that 0 to 5 volt signal. what android device are you using? i'ld like to see a log if you want to post it up. especially since its a new version i'ld like to see what the returned data looks like for you on a running system vs my smecstim.

turbo addict

Robs new code has the option to put the wideband 0-5v signal strait into the factory narrowband input and then the computer just converts the signal itself. You can then use the O2 volt display as your wideband input. This is the way mine is set up and it works great.

That does bring up a question I have though, how would I go about changing the O2 volt display to read the 0-5v signal as an AFR reading in MPscan or MPscandroid?

Mitsu booster

I am using this on my Asus Transformer running Android 4.2.

This is the link to the file you want Wowzer.

https://www.nortonzone.com/pickup/93...8_kz5d&src=url

Let me know if you need more or if there are specific gauges you would like to check.
    I do have my boost disconnected because of a bad piston.
    Troy

Quote Originally Posted by shackwrrr View Post
    Robs new code has the option to put the wideband 0-5v signal strait into the factory narrowband input and then the computer just converts the signal itself. You can then use the O2 volt display as your wideband input. This is the way mine is set up and it works great.

That does bring up a question I have though, how would I go about changing the O2 volt display to read the 0-5v signal as an AFR reading in MPscan or MPscandroid?
    i think what you should try is go to settings / layout files / gauge settings and scroll down to the o2 sensor volts line. then change your ecu min to the afr value represented by your wideband controller at 0 volts (e.g. 9.0 afr or .6 lambda or whatever) and the ecu max to the afr value represented at 5 volts. also should probably change the units to "AFR" or "Lambda" as well as making the display min be 10 and the display max be 18 or so (assuming afr vs lambda). i'll try to test it also this week to see if that works.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ Schulze View Post
    I am using this on my Asus Transformer running Android 4.2.

This is the link to the file you want Wowzer.

https://www.nortonzone.com/pickup/93...8_kz5d&src=url

Let me know if you need more or if there are specific gauges you would like to check.
    I do have my boost disconnected because of a bad piston.
    Troy
    thanks alot. looks really good. the throughput that was recorded was fantastic. almost as fast as the windows version. there were a few bad read errors (40) but out of 4080 total samples that's not too bad. if it gets to be a problem you can increase the setting to slow it down a bit. i tried it both on my s4 and my pc and displayed great. thanks for the feedback. let me know if it locks up on you anyplace or something doesn't look or work right. did you set up the gauges in the windows or android version?

Mitsu booster

I setup everything with the android version. It is so simple to do, I am impressed. I like it much better than the windows version, but thats just me.
    So far it has worked flawlessly for me. It has been awhile since i used the windows version, but is that the same as the droid version in that you have to have the key on and the car not running to connect to the ECU?
    BTW, this is on an SBEC. Don't know if that would matter at all to anyone.

Don't know if this is appropriate but it may be worthwhile to make this a stickey now that it has been officially released. Just saying.....

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast