Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: MPScanDroid

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

Re: MPScanDroid

Once you know the file folder locations, its easy to transfer files between devices.

I've been doing it all the time with adding a tablet, and using mpscandroid on 2 different phones. And exporting alot of logs.

Be sure to copy the usergaugesettings file also.
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

im glad i brought it up for others rather than just texting you wayne.

ill shoot you a text, try it and then post the procedure.

Thanks

Brian

PS, thanks morris for all the work you do for this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

boostaholic

I've run in to this issue too. Is it as simple as reversing the scale for that one?

Quote Originally Posted by Aries_Turbo View Post
    ran into another issue.

so CHRG for charge temp..... it wasnt displaying valid data. (89 T1 smec btw with the sensor installed and the checkbox checked in mptune)

i tried to change the ram locations stuff to match the coolant temp sensor but it doesnt display charge temp correctly. it seems to be the inverse. like the coolant temp started out at 79degF and the charge temp was 97degF. as the vehicle warmed up, the charge temp went lower and the coolant temp went higher.

any thoughts?

thanks

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by iangoround View Post
    I've run in to this issue too. Is it as simple as reversing the scale for that one?
    im not sure.

i tried to reverse the scale but i may have been doing it wrong cause it didnt work.

does it work in mpscan?

Brian

This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

boostaholic

I don't recall if it was displaying correctly in mpscan now...

I went in to the ram definitions on mpscandroid and saw that the ECU range for CHRG was like -196 to 240 or something like that. I changed it the -196 to 0 and the number I got while cruising around today was 110ish..which makes sense but I can't vouch for the accuracy.

I'm not sure if the ECU range should be -40 to 260 to match the sensor scale, or 0-5.

Quote Originally Posted by iangoround View Post
    I don't recall if it was displaying correctly in mpscan now...

I went in to the ram definitions on mpscandroid and saw that the ECU range for CHRG was like -196 to 240 or something like that. I changed it the -196 to 0 and the number I got while cruising around today was 110ish..which makes sense but I can't vouch for the accuracy.

I'm not sure if the ECU range should be -40 to 260 to match the sensor scale, or 0-5.
    i just re-found these values in a thread on TD from a long time ago. i remember using them back in the day when i used my wideband to log 0-5v stuff.

intake temps

0 deg = 4.70 volts
    20 deg = 4.47
    40 deg = 4.11
    60 deg = 3.67
    80 deg = 3.08
    100 deg = 2.51
    120 deg = 1.97
    140 deg = 1.52
    160 deg = 1.17
    180 deg = .86
    200 deg = .65
    220 deg =.48
    240 deg = .35
    260 deg = .28

Coolant Temp Sensor Response Chart
    110 degs = 4.20 volts
    120 = 4.00
    130 = 3.77
    140 = 3.60
    150 = 3.40
    160 = 3.20
    170 = 3.02
    180 = 2.80
    190 = 2.60
    200 = 2.40
    210 = 2.20
    220 = 2.00
    230 = 1.80
    240 = 1.62
    250 = 1.45
    Temperature to Resistance
    32 degs = 30 - 35 K ohms
    77 degs = 9 - 11 K ohms
    212 degs = 640 - 720 ohms

so the coolant temp and the charge temp are handled differently. these coolant temp values are after the car warms up some and the ecu selects a different bias resistor for accuracy when the car is warm.

so it looks like you could use -260 to 0 but make the min and max voltages be .28 and 4.7? or interpolate those values to find out what the scale is for 0-5v.

Brian

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

this is what i used for mpscan for the ambient air temp and charge temp sensors:

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...air-temp-scale
    89 Voyager LE, 2.5T2 - rest in peace
    87 Charger Shelby T2 (2.4 conversion in process)

so, it looks like i never implemented the "function sets" stuff in mpscandroid, only mpscan. so......

1) can you check the coolant temp and charge temp values you get in mpscan? if they appear correct then i'll add that routine in mpscandroid.

Quote Originally Posted by wowzer View Post
    so, it looks like i never implemented the "function sets" stuff in mpscandroid, only mpscan. so......

1) can you check the coolant temp and charge temp values you get in mpscan? if they appear correct then i'll add that routine in mpscandroid.
    in mpscan i see the function set stuff for charge temp, ambient temp and tps but not coolant temp.

charge temp and coolant temp you have display min as -40 and display max as 260.

ecu min for charge temp is 0 and max is 5

ecu min for coolant is -198.4 and max is 260.6.

does function set overwrite the gauge setting stuff?

Brian

function sets allow a non linear graph and DO override the corresponding default gauge settings. don't know why i never set up the coolant gauge. maybe it seemed the default settings worked.

display min/max don't affect the calc, only the display.

since charge temp uses the function set, it returns a voltage which is then converted to degrees based on the function settings. i suppose you could have it return degrees also and then convert those degrees to the alt scale but that gets confusing.

coolant temp range returns degrees based on the ecu min/max.

the way the function sets work is that there are x:y ordinal pairs separated by a semicolon. so, e.g., the first charge temp pair says that when the ecu returns a voltage of 0, convert that to 261 degrees. similarly, when the ecu returns a .35 voltage, convert that to 240 degrees. other voltages are interpolated as needed.

so, 2 things. first need to confirm if those settings are correct and secondly, i need to test to make sure that mpscan handles it correctly and then implement it in mpscandroid.

function sets allow a non linear graph and DO override the corresponding default gauge settings. don't know why i never set up the coolant gauge. maybe it seemed the default settings worked.

display min/max don't affect the calc, only the display.

since charge temp uses the function set, it returns a voltage which is then converted to degrees based on the function settings. i suppose you could have it return degrees also and then convert those degrees to the alt scale but that gets confusing.

coolant temp range returns degrees based on the ecu min/max.

the way the function sets work is that there are x:y ordinal pairs separated by a semicolon. so, e.g., the first charge temp pair says that when the ecu returns a voltage of 0, convert that to 261 degrees. similarly, when the ecu returns a .35 voltage, convert that to 240 degrees. other voltages are interpolated as needed.

so, 2 things. first need to confirm if those settings are correct and secondly, i need to test to make sure that mpscan handles it correctly and then implement it in mpscandroid.
    1. those values in the MPScan function set appear to be correct.

2. ill try to take my laptop out and do a test.

my laptop has bluetooth. will it pair with the mpscilink and mpscan work as mpscandroid does? i havent tried it since the phone is so convenient.

thanks

brian

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

1. those values in the MPScan function set appear to be correct.

2. ill try to take my laptop out and do a test.

my laptop has bluetooth. will it pair with the mpscilink and mpscan work as mpscandroid does? i havent tried it since the phone is so convenient.

thanks

brian
    If your laptop can run android apps, and you have mpscandroid on the laptop, then it may.
    But if you are using mpscan, then no.

Never tried it, but mpscan needs the ftdi cable so doubt it would do anything but frustrate you.
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

when i first started working on the mpscandroid stuff i used mpscan as the testing platform. so almost all of the routines in mpscandroid were based on what i set up in mpscan. i don't recall at this point where the mpscan side of things was left regarding bluetooth and the mpscilink device. you could "try" it and see. i usually figured that most users would use mpscan/ftdi cable or mpscandroid/bluetooth/mpscilink.

i have the ftdi cable as well.... im still going to give bluetooth connection to the MPScilink box with mpscan on a pc a try.

Brian

morris,

for the fuel adaptive cells, i see the defaults for logging/gauge setup are 0-100. do you know what the 0 point is? where its adding fuel and where its subtracting fuel?

i would think that there would be a range like -25%-0%-+25% if that makes sense.

i thought that it couldnt pull as much fuel as it could add as well..... but i may be wrong.

Brian
    this is what i have kicking around in my files for how the adaptives work.

Brian
    i assume you are talking about the autocalcells? i'll take a look at the code later this week.
    Yes autocal cells. Thanks

While you are in there, can you take a look at the waste gate adaptive cells as well for what the range is.

Thanks

Brian
    did you ever get to look at what the autocal cells values meant as far as adding or subtracting fuel? or wastegate adaptives?

is there a way to make the gauge display/log the actual hex values? i know what im looking for if it displays hex.

Brian

Any interest in an iPhone version of mpscandroid? If most are a android users then it won't be worth the time.

Hybrid booster

Any interest in an iPhone version of mpscandroid? If most are a android users then it won't be worth the time.
    I use an iPhone as my primary, and it would be really great if I could also use it with MPtune & Scandroid.
    However, I do have an Android specifically for tuning etc.

turbo addict

Tablets and used Android phones are cheap nowadays.

boostaholic

Work just gave me an iphone. I still have my Pixel, but the "personal use" plan through work is so cheap I kind of want to switch over...I wouldn't mind an iphone version.

I was also thinking about getting one of those android car stereos and running mpscandroid on it. That might be kind of neat.

android here. i have a work iphone but i dont like it. lol

morris, did you ever figure out what i was asking in post 255?

your iphone version reminded me of that post cause i saw it hehe

Brian

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast