Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: MPScanDroid

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: MPScanDroid

in the original version of mpscan you could run mpscan and tell it to "scan" the asm/lst file which would automatically populate the various grids that you mentioned earlier. all the ram addresses and parameters were "defined" in it. actually, if you look at the smec asm i believe you may still see some of those features. it wouldn't be that hard to set that up again. then as new cals are created a user could load the .lst file and save it as a "custom" layout ......................
    89 Voyager LE, 2.5T2 - rest in peace
    87 Charger Shelby T2 (2.4 conversion in process)

Mitsu booster

Wowzer my apologies - you are right, i have overseen that the .cal refers only to vars (and stuff) within the .bin area (in general 0x8000-0xffff).

It looks like the actual custom setup in MPScandroid refers (also) to the 91V6-465.bin, just checked 5 random variables (within 0x00-0xff) in x-ref and they all matched the .asm file.

I agree with you that it should not be MPScandroid's job to do the detective work

i actually added the custom option when a user started working with the 3.0 508 cal, which is basically a stock cal that didn't match up with any of the existing setups. he needed the ability to look at that cal. the 465 cal was part of the same batch i was working on. unfortunately, i should have put more thought into how to add additional non-turbonator cals, vs just having the 1 custom setup. i'll need to do some thinking.

i need to look again at the 508 cal and update it based on the work done on the 4.0 781 cal.

Mitsu booster

Would it help to add the xref-data (ram locations / name conventions) for 0x00-0xff into the .tbl ?
    Or perhaps create a .xrf file containing the info to be placed in same folder as .bin and .tbl ?
    (Have a look into the .lst file, you see the location/datatype (byte or word) and description)

Then MPScandroid could read/parse the file and fill up the appropriate custom column automagically.

I have put an .xrf file here : http://www.filedropper.com/91v6-465
    Last edited by olk93; 02-21-2017 at 12:59 PM.

that could be a start, but you really need to know what each value represents (e.g. rpm with a range of 0 - 8192) to make it user friendly and the information make sense. i think it would be easier to embed that in the .asm file like we use to. perhaps when a cal is compiled in mptune it could create the "helper" file that could then be read in to mpscan, or alternatively you could have mpscan review the .lst file created during compilation and parse that as mentioned earlier.

let's discuss details/thoughts via pm vs cluttering up this thread with our ideas. thanks.

turbo addict

When I try downloading mpscandroid from the first post it says unable to open file. This is on a OnePlus 3T with side loading enabled. Was able to download and install the first version of mpscandroid.

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thedon809 View Post
    When I try downloading mpscandroid from the first post it says unable to open file. This is on a OnePlus 3T with side loading enabled. Was able to download and install the first version of mpscandroid.
    same here. same phone too interestingly enough. (i dont think its related to the not being able to get the file though)

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

turbo addict

Yeah, unlike a typical apk file it has a bunch of numbers on the end? Not sure if that has something to do with it.

hey guys, try it now. it appears that the dropbox link i had was modified somehow by dropbox. weird. hopefully didn't screw up all the other program downloads.....

turbo addict

Ok it works now. Now I have to wait till my ftdi or whatever board thingy gets here and get a USB type c otg and I will be good to go until you guys get the scilink all worked out.

ok, i need someone to test the ftdi stuff anyhow. it's been a couple years. it is quite a bit slower then the new mpscilink stuff just due to the latency built into the ftdi cable driver.

boostaholic

I'll see if I can get this and my TF700 to talk to my FTDI cable and LM.

I'm setting up a profile and I noticed that the program setting labels don't change after you update the value. For example, I changed my default ECU to LM and it says that when I open the menu but the label in the program settings window doesn't change to reflect that. It just stays stuck on SMEC T1.

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor CSX321's Avatar

How do I add a second gauge? Can't see a way to do it.

boostaholic

Just tried it. I set up a layout and profile, selected it and tried to log some values. I'm waiting for UPS to deliver my new turbo at the moment so the car doesn't run but I did a key-on test.

It looks like it connects. If I press the button in the logging screen it goes green and says logging. But no data is displayed on any of the gauges and it won't even save a log file for me to play back. Not sure if it's a program issue or an issue with my tablet. I'm connecting the USB through the USB port on the keyboard dock. This setup does work pretty well with MPScan on my laptop though.

Quote Originally Posted by CSX321 View Post
    Long press the first gauge to bring up the menu. Add new gauge is in there somewhere. You have to keep long pressing gauges to bring up that menu. Doing it in empty space doesnt seem to work.

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iangoround View Post
    Just tried it. I set up a layout and profile, selected it and tried to log some values. I'm waiting for UPS to deliver my new turbo at the moment so the car doesn't run but I did a key-on test.

It looks like it connects. If I press the button in the logging screen it goes green and says logging. But no data is displayed on any of the gauges and it won't even save a log file for me to play back. Not sure if it's a program issue or an issue with my tablet. I'm connecting the USB through the USB port on the keyboard dock. This setup does work pretty well with MPScan on my laptop ]
    The tablet is seperate from the keyboard (edited)? Like a bluetooth keyboard?
    You need to use the usb port on the tablet itself, using a USB on-the-go (OTG) cable adapter. Then the ftdi cable plugs in to that.

Without having a connection when you tried to start a log, you probably got nothing? That is probably why it would not save, because there was nothing there.

When using an ftdi cable and mpscandroid, make sure the connection type is set to usb.
    Miscellaneous/Program settings/connection type
    Last edited by wheming; 06-30-2017 at 02:09 PM.
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CSX321 View Post
    Tap on any current gauge and you get a menu to move, configure, resize, add new gauge, etc.

**One tip, move new gauges out of the way before you add other gauges, since they will appear in the default upper left corner of your layout window. You might have several on top of eachother thinking it didn't work.
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

Quote Originally Posted by iangoround View Post
    I'll see if I can get this and my TF700 to talk to my FTDI cable and LM.

I'm setting up a profile and I noticed that the program setting labels don't change after you update the value. For example, I changed my default ECU to LM and it says that when I open the menu but the label in the program settings window doesn't change to reflect that. It just stays stuck on SMEC T1.
    after you change the ecu type from the menu selection in program settings you have to get out of that screen and then back in and it SHOULD show the correct value. i'll do some checking to see if i can get it to update immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by wheming View Post
    The tablet is seperate from the tablet? Like a bluetooth keyboard?
    You need to use the usb port on the tablet itself, using a USB on-the-go (OTG) cable adapter. Then the ftdi cable plugs in to that.

Without having a connection when you tried to start a log, you probably got nothing? That is probably why it would not save, because there was nothing there.

When using an ftdi cable and mpscandroid, make sure the connection type is set to usb.
    Miscellaneous/Program settings/connection type
    ^^ this. i never tried it via a usb hub so i don't know how it will work. i assume you are using an otg cable to connect to the hub? this makes the phone be a usb master.

also, i would guess using an lm ecu is going to be very slow. first due to the latency in the ftdi cable and second due to the fact that the lm streams data.

and now the BAD news i just remembered!!! i never set it up to work with the lm (or any ecu that streams bytes fwiw). sorry. i'll need to add some extra code to do this. you can be the guinea pig if you want. i think, though, it will be frustrating for you due to the speed of the logging. what i'll due is burn a t2 smec cal (which streams) and test it with that.

turbo addict

I wouldn't mind testing it out. I should be going smec soon enough anyways.

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast