Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: MPScanDroid

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

Re: MPScanDroid

Quote Originally Posted by wowzer View Post
    brian, when the newest version of mpscandroid is installed -
    1)are you able to retrieve the mpscilink version from the menu and what does it say?
    2)what does the "about mpscandroid" return for a value?
    3)from the misc/nextion tasks/module settings menu what values are returned?

i assume you are connected to a smec t1 ecu in a running vehicle?

i just loaded the mpc files you sent me a couple weeks ago and was able to log (i used ksmec1) without a hickup. i first logged from mpscandroid then did a monitor from the mpscilink device.

i used a samsung s7 (os 8.0.0) as well as an old nexus 10 (os 5.1.1)
    1. I did it earlier today but I forget. I'll do it again tomorrow.
    2. 2.0.1.0
    3. Bluetooth baud 57600
    Nextion available: True
    ECU port ready: True
    SD card available: True
    Nextion baudrate: 115200

Yes smec t1 in my reliant.

Thx,

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

hmm, doesn't make sense. you are able to communicate ok with the device and the values look correct, especially the baud rates. i would have thought that you had the tx/rx lines switched but since you can log with the device on its own you obviously don't. so, i'm stumped. all the phone does is send the gauge info to the device (which appears to have been successful based on the stand alone logging) and then sends a command to start logging and periodically sends a command to retrieve the logged values. in mpscandroid, what do you have for program settings for the default ecu, default bin size, connection type, logging rate, ecu timeout rate, and analog logging rate? are you able to upload log files using mpscandroid from the device using the "device sdcard" menu?
    89 Voyager LE, 2.5T2 - rest in peace
    87 Charger Shelby T2 (2.4 conversion in process)

well its working now.... here is what i did.

i loaded up mptune last night and shut it down and it updated.

then i took my laptop to the car and plugged into the arduino and flashed the arduino.

then i fired the car up and the latest app on my phone now works.

so i updated my 2015 fire 7 (rooted/bootloader hacked running CM/lineage 12.1) to the latest mpscandroid and its working as well.

now wayne said he was testing his v2.0 and it wasnt logging for him now with the latest version of mpscandroid just like mine wasnt.

mpscilink version is now 1.0.1.9. i think it was something like 1.0.0.1 before.

hopefully wayne can get his working cause for this to be an intermittent problem would be annoying to troubleshoot.

Brian
    Last edited by Aries_Turbo; 06-12-2019 at 11:33 PM.

This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

1 down, 1 to go. great news btw. just weird.

Yeah it's been strange.

Now to be a pest lol. Can you change the logging/profile select/sample counter bar to be smaller or on the side or location selectable?

Also is there a way to make the nextion logging font to be the same as the button font on the main screen?

Just wondering if that's doable without too much hassle.

Brian

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aries_Turbo View Post
    well its working now.... here is what i did.

i loaded up mptune last night and shut it down and it updated.

then i took my laptop to the car and plugged into the arduino and flashed the arduino.

then i fired the car up and the latest app on my phone now works.

so i updated my 2015 fire 7 (rooted/bootloader hacked running CM/lineage 12.1) to the latest mpscandroid and its working as well.

now wayne said he was testing his v2.0 and it wasnt logging for him now with the latest version of mpscandroid just like mine wasnt.

mpscilink version is now 1.0.1.9. i think it was something like 1.0.0.1 before.

hopefully wayne can get his working cause for this to be an intermittent problem would be annoying to troubleshoot.

Brian
    So to sum up,...
    You fixed yours, and you broke mine?.. lol

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

Yes lol😄 sorry wayne

posted a new version of mpscandroid. this fixes a stubborn bug that primarily affected older phones/tablets. everybody should update to this new version (2.0.1.1).

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

When I click on the link to download, it just takes me to a screen which says "connecting" for a long time. It does this on both the Android device I'm trying to put this on, and also on my PC. Any ideas?

hmm, just logged into my work computer and it worked. took about 5 - 10 seconds to bring up the directory/files.

hmm, just logged into my work computer and it worked. took about 5 - 10 seconds to bring up the directory/files.
    I tried it again, and it was able to do the same on my tablet.

OK, I've really tried my best to follow the directions, and I have successfully been able to do some of the tests such as the rad fan relay test, etc. My Charge temp sensor is putting out some interesting readings, so perhaps that is bad.

Regardless, I'm struggling when it comes to actually seeing the needles on the gauges when the car is running. I have a layout saved, and I'm pretty sure I set it up right by labeling it a SMEC TII. I select it when I go to the logging screen, then I start the car, but there are never any gauges.

Also, it seems like I lose connection fairly regularly. I'm still getting the hang of that, but it could be my device. Any tips there would be greatly appreciated. I'm using a cheap RCA Voyager tablet thing.

If I could just get this thing to act as a dashboard displaying boost, knock volts, coolant temp, and an analog input for WBO2, I would be ecstatic. Logging would really be something to behold.

OK I have this thing reading fairly reliably as far as the diagnostic and sensor tests go. The charge temp sensor is definitely suspect unless it's common for the stock values to output an extraordinarily low temp. The coolant temp sensor test seems to output a number that agrees with reality.

I still can't see anything on the gauges. Dumb question, but could this be due to the fact that I don't have an SD card in the unit? I accidentally left mine at school on Friday.

brian, just to make sure i understand your setup... you are using mpscandroid to display the gauge info vs displaying the info on mpscilink and the nextion screen? and it's a smec2 setup? the sdcard is only used for reading/flashing bins and when you log using the mpscilink device. if logging using the tablet, the mpscilink devices just passes the info straight to the tablet. however, it really is best to have an sdcard in the unit.

if you want, you can send me your mpc file off the tablet and i'll try to run it on my setup.

You are correct. I have a cheapo tablet I picked up when I originally bought my MPSciLink and the car is an 89 Lancer Shelby with a SMEC that has the T2 boost control and charge temp sensor enabled. I'll try to email you that file.

What difference does it make if one were to select TI vs TII for the SMEC? I know the boost control is different, and the charge temp sensor isn't used in the TI, but I'm not sure what really distinguishes the two for MPScandroid purposes.

OK, there are actually two emails because my PC only discovered one of the .mpc files. I attached both straight out of the tablet for the other email. Hopefully this will shed some light on the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    You are correct. I have a cheapo tablet I picked up when I originally bought my MPSciLink and the car is an 89 Lancer Shelby with a SMEC that has the T2 boost control and charge temp sensor enabled. I'll try to email you that file.

What difference does it make if one were to select TI vs TII for the SMEC? I know the boost control is different, and the charge temp sensor isn't used in the TI, but I'm not sure what really distinguishes the two for MPScandroid purposes.
    the way rob set up the turbonator cals the t1 and t2 have different ram locations for some of the gauges. also, the t2 uses the same sampling method as the LM, i.e. they send the ram location at least two times (and get a response that repeats until a new location is sent) for each sample. that is why the sampling response is so slow vs the t1 smec and sbecs, which send/receive 1 location at a time.

i looked at your mpc files and they look fine. i assume your profile that uses this layout also is set to t2? if so i'm don't know at this point why it doesn't work. i'll bench test it tonight hopefully on my smec ecu.

the way rob set up the turbonator cals the t1 and t2 have different ram locations for some of the gauges. also, the t2 uses the same sampling method as the LM, i.e. they send the ram location at least two times (and get a response that repeats until a new location is sent) for each sample. that is why the sampling response is so slow vs the t1 smec and sbecs, which send/receive 1 location at a time.

i looked at your mpc files and they look fine. i assume your profile that uses this layout also is set to t2? if so i'm don't know at this point why it doesn't work. i'll bench test it tonight hopefully on my smec ecu.
    Yes. They're both set to TII. Is the Turbonator stuff SMEC TI by default?

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    Yes. They're both set to TII. Is the Turbonator stuff SMEC TI by default?
    the t-smec is t1. so that should be your ecu and profile setting. i recall some changes rob made off and on regarding the wastegate stuff and getting the t2 WG working but don't recall where that ended in his T-SMEC cal.

the t-smec is t1. so that should be your ecu and profile setting. i recall some changes rob made off and on regarding the wastegate stuff and getting the t2 WG working but don't recall where that ended in his T-SMEC cal.
    Thanks a ton. I'll change it to TI in the MPScandroid stuff and see if that works. If not, I'll make the turbonator cal "TI" by unchecking the CTS and T2 boost control and see if it works then. I bet this is the issue though.

Thank you so much for all the help everyone. It was indeed the fact that I selected a TII SMEC when the turbonator stuff is obviously TI. It works now, and the next order of business will be getting a hardwired display. I'm about done with this bluetooth nonsense.