Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast

Thread: MPScanDroid

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Re: MPScanDroid

OK. I'll try to download it again. I think I followed the instructions well.

I Uninstaller the program, downloaded just the mpscandriod file, changed it to just .apk and installed it. It still installed as 2.0.1.8 and gave a warning that it might not work correctly because it is for an older version of Android. I'm at a loss.

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    I Uninstaller the program, downloaded just the mpscandriod file, changed it to just .apk and installed it. It still installed as 2.0.1.8 and gave a warning that it might not work correctly because it is for an older version of Android. I'm at a loss.
    Emailed you.

Sent from my KB2005 using Tapatalk
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

Thanks Wayne. I’m going to try that now.

Garrett booster

I got it to 2019 by installing a android 9.0 rom on my device then updated mpsuite then copied the com.mpsuite file to downloads, restored my 10 Rom. (Where 2018 is crashing) ...
    In my file manager I noticed a 'package installer' tab and it updated from there...

'install packages' might get it going without the runaround I did.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Thanks Wayne. I’m going to try that now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloride View Post
    I got it to 2019 by installing a android 9.0 rom on my device then updated mpsuite then copied the com.mpsuite file to downloads, restored my 10 Rom. (Where 2018 is crashing) ...
    In my file manager I noticed a 'package installer' tab and it updated from there...

'install packages' might get it going without the runaround I did.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
    You know, you just might have something there. One thing I noticed with Android 11 is now the inability to directly access the data file directory from the normal file manager. So, maybe something isn't getting installed properly with the file update on Android 11+

Brian Bucar turned me to a file manager app called Solid Explorer. And it gives you access to the Android/data/com.mpsuite.mpscandroid/files folder.

So it's package installer might be more successful in installing the update. It's worth a try. BTW, I did like that app enough to pay for the unlocked full version.

Wayne H.

'89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw

I'll give that a go. Thanks for the lead.

Quote Originally Posted by wheming View Post
    You know, you just might have something there. One thing I noticed with Android 11 is now the inability to directly access the data file directory from the normal file manager. So, maybe something isn't getting installed properly with the file update on Android 11+

Brian Bucar turned me to a file manager app called Solid Explorer. And it gives you access to the Android/data/com.mpsuite.mpscandroid/files folder.

So it's package installer might be more successful in installing the update. It's worth a try. BTW, I did like that app enough to pay for the unlocked full version.

Holy crap, that worked like a charm. I installed the app, gave it all permissions, then went to the spot you suggested with that program, then under files, tmp I selected the app file that's in there and it asked if I wanted to install AND update the app. I hit Yes and I was off to the races. Thanks again for all your help Wayne.

Holy crap, that worked like a charm. I installed the app, gave it all permissions, then went to the spot you suggested with that program, then under files, tmp I selected the app file that's in there and it asked if I wanted to install AND update the app. I hit Yes and I was off to the races. Thanks again for all your help Wayne.
    Glad it worked!
    Sorry it was such a struggle. And I'm sorry I'm not as sharp as I once was! I have a harder time remembering things these days! Lol

Wayne H.

I never could have figured that out without your help Wayne, thanks again. I'm really excited about this.

I never could have figured that out without your help Wayne, thanks again. I'm really excited about this.
    I'm excited we figured it out without having to involve Morris!
    And I'm not really a computer or phone geek!

Wayne H.

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

oooh i love that solid explorer app.... i switched to that after ES File Explorer got bought out and turned into annoyware junk.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Dang man, that worked for me as well. That app is definitely worth it. Now just need to get past this item.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20220731-214557~3.png 
Views:	20 
Size:	48.7 KB 
ID:	66013

All the other steps were successful, but when I try to send to the display, it fails. Should I reset the unit and try again or has anyone seen this error?

I did try and confirm that the Nextion folder was readable and accessible, but the error seems more of an issue getting something from the display
    Last edited by minigts; 07-31-2022 at 11:24 PM.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

As an update to my lack of connectivity, the LM in my SL appears to be freaked out by the alternator and I kept losing connection when some of the guys helped out by putting an OTC on there. I'm guessing the mpscilink and mpscandriod don't stand a chance at connecting with this going on. I'll try again when I get the alternator figured out.

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    Dang man, that worked for me as well. That app is definitely worth it. Now just need to get past this item.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20220731-214557~3.png 
Views:	20 
Size:	48.7 KB 
ID:	66013

All the other steps were successful, but when I try to send to the display, it fails. Should I reset the unit and try again or has anyone seen this error?

I did try and confirm that the Nextion folder was readable and accessible, but the error seems more of an issue getting something from the display
    You should be clear of this now, having side loaded your HMI display update, correct?

Wayne H.

As an update to my lack of connectivity, the LM in my SL appears to be freaked out by the alternator and I kept losing connection when some of the guys helped out by putting an OTC on there. I'm guessing the mpscilink and mpscandriod don't stand a chance at connecting with this going on. I'll try again when I get the alternator figured out.
    Dang, sorry to hear that. Does the car not even run properly with that alternator issue?

Wayne H.

Dang, sorry to hear that. Does the car not even run properly with that alternator issue?

It runs just fine but I cuts out like a bad hep and is back to relatively normal in a split second. If it ran the way it does with the field terminals disconnected it would be an incredible running car. Once I get it sorted I'll give the link another try.

So something with the voltage regulator?
    Does the LM regulate voltage, or the power module? Or is it on the alternator?
    Did you already try a spare of either?

Wayne H.

Bill. Tried multiple lms and pms with like results. I'll swap the alt tomorrow and go from there. I'm inclined to think that the alt is throwing out too much ac voltage.

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

power module regulates the alternator.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.