Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: MPScanDroid

Garrett booster

Re: MPScanDroid

Very late to the party here. I've installed MPScandroid to my phone, and am watching some of the YouTube tutorials. I've also began assembly of my MpSciLink 2.5 device. I have an 87 Daytona with LM module, an FTDI cable I've been logging via MPScan, and I do also have an Ostrich module. When I test logging, it will have to mostly be in my driveway as the transmission is in a really bad way.

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MoparStephen View Post
    Very late to the party here. I've installed MPScandroid to my phone, and am watching some of the YouTube tutorials. I've also began assembly of my MpSciLink 2.5 device. I have an 87 Daytona with LM module, an FTDI cable I've been logging via MPScan, and I do also have an Ostrich module. When I test logging, it will have to mostly be in my driveway as the transmission is in a really bad way.
    go into misc->program settings and select LM as the default ecu type.

then create your layout and save it.

then create your profile and choose LM as the type.

i did one of these out of order and my setup wouldnt log.

i deleted everything (didnt have much setup so it wasnt a big deal) and did things in that order and it worked perfect.

i did a simple layout of TPS volts as the only gauge. that way you dont have to start the car to keep things simple.

then set up a layout of whatever you want.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Aries_Turbo View Post
    go into misc->program settings and select LM as the default ecu type.

then create your layout and save it.

then create your profile and choose LM as the type.

i did one of these out of order and my setup wouldnt log.

i deleted everything (didnt have much setup so it wasnt a big deal) and did things in that order and it worked perfect.

i did a simple layout of TPS volts as the only gauge. that way you dont have to start the car to keep things simple.

then set up a layout of whatever you want.

Brian
    good summary brian. btw, as users begin to experiment with the programs i'm open to feed back on how to improve it/make it more intuitive. up until this point it was just to get something out there to see how it worked with our ecus. i am NOT an experienced android OS programmer so initially i was just happy to get something that functioned!!
    89 Voyager LE, 2.5T2 - rest in peace
    87 Charger Shelby T2 (2.4 conversion in process)

Garrett booster

Sounds good - thanks. I'll need to keep things simple like this, I have decided it's time to just bite the bullet and begin removing the transmission so I can do a full teardown again. I'll also be removing the engine to do a 5-year teardown and inspection, as well as to hopefully find and stop the last of the oil leaks. This thing has leaked oil for the entire 11 years I've owned it despite my best efforts. I should christen it the Exxon Valdez.

Quote Originally Posted by wowzer View Post
    good summary brian. btw, as users begin to experiment with the programs i'm open to feed back on how to improve it/make it more intuitive. up until this point it was just to get something out there to see how it worked with our ecus. i am NOT an experienced android OS programmer so initially i was just happy to get something that functioned!!
    youve made something that works. thats more than us niche beggars can hope for

that said, if i come across something i think could be easier, ill let you know. like i did in the past for MPTune...... before babies lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MoparStephen View Post
    Sounds good - thanks. I'll need to keep things simple like this, I have decided it's time to just bite the bullet and begin removing the transmission so I can do a full teardown again. I'll also be removing the engine to do a 5-year teardown and inspection, as well as to hopefully find and stop the last of the oil leaks. This thing has leaked oil for the entire 11 years I've owned it despite my best efforts. I should christen it the Exxon Valdez.
    mine was like that for a long time. it didnt leak alot of oil though, it burned it..... because my oil drainback for the turbo was ghetto. i pulled mine after i broke a gearbox and fixed alot of that stuff. now it can idle for hours without burning oil. before, it was minutes lol.

Brian

This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Hybrid booster

𗂖 following 𗂖

Man, although I ordered the MPSciLink device, I have ZERO experience with using MPScan or MPTune.
    I’m having trouble downloading MPScandroid due to my crappy internet service. But I’m going to get it ASAP!!! I’ve got a lot to learn!

Thank you for your help! 👍🏻

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turbo addict

I have mpscandroid hooked up to my LM with mpscilink and it appears to work in some capacity. For some reason the RPM pid doesn't work in mpscandroid. It says that it's an afr gauge that is not supported.

send me your .mpc file. make sure you have changed the default ecu type to LM in the program settings screen before you add a new layout. the rpm gauge name should say RPMLM.

turbo addict

send me your .mpc file. make sure you have changed the default ecu type to LM in the program settings screen before you add a new layout. the rpm gauge name should say RPMLM.
    Im not sure why but it initially didn't say RPMLM, just RPM. I went back to where you add the gauge and now it does. It works fine. Another question. I have the 7" screen with mpscilink but no SD card (ordered). With the screen, I cannot monitor data UNLESS I log with my phone first every time I start the car. If I log with the phone first, then monitor works good. I can even disconnect my phone afterwards and monitor will work fine until I restart car and then I have to hook phone back up. Is it because I have no SD card yet or is it supposed to work like this? I know to log and save I will need the SD.

i'll need to test that. don't think i ever tried it without an SD card!! it's suppose to save all the gauge setup data into Eeprom so it shouldn't need the sdcard.

turbo addict

i'll need to test that. don't think i ever tried it without an SD card!! it's suppose to save all the gauge setup data into Eeprom so it shouldn't need the sdcard.
    The layout with all of the pids will be saved when i go to monitor tab. Its just that the start button does nothing until i hook phone up and press log with mpscandroid first. SD card should be here sometime next week hopefully. I still have to drive the car but it appears to work pretty decently with the LM so far. Once i get the SD card i will hook my aem wideband to the mpscilink.

morris,

for the fuel adaptive cells, i see the defaults for logging/gauge setup are 0-100. do you know what the 0 point is? where its adding fuel and where its subtracting fuel?

i would think that there would be a range like -25%-0%-+25% if that makes sense.

i thought that it couldnt pull as much fuel as it could add as well..... but i may be wrong.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by probably from moparchem.com discussions
    RICH LEAN
    (ecu is removing fuel) (ecu is adding fuel)
    80------------ff |ST0ICH| 01------------7F

r1=1850rpm
    this is what i have kicking around in my files for how the adaptives work.

Brian

i assume you are talking about the autocalcells? i'll take a look at the code later this week.

Yes autocal cells. Thanks

While you are in there, can you take a look at the waste gate adaptive cells as well for what the range is.

Thanks

Brian

ran into another issue.

so CHRG for charge temp..... it wasnt displaying valid data. (89 T1 smec btw with the sensor installed and the checkbox checked in mptune)

i tried to change the ram locations stuff to match the coolant temp sensor but it doesnt display charge temp correctly. it seems to be the inverse. like the coolant temp started out at 79degF and the charge temp was 97degF. as the vehicle warmed up, the charge temp went lower and the coolant temp went higher.

any thoughts?

thanks

Brian

more being a pest.

would it be hard or easy to add "export layouts and profiles" so i could copy my setup to mpscandroid on my tablet so i dont have to do the setup all again?

or can i just copy the android data to the other device?

thanks

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Aries_Turbo View Post
    more being a pest.

would it be hard or easy to add "export layouts and profiles" so i could copy my setup to mpscandroid on my tablet so i dont have to do the setup all again?

or can i just copy the android data to the other device?

thanks

Brian
    hmm, been a while since i looked at this. i think you should be able to take the .mpc file from your windows computer and copy it to the same directory on mpscandroid. in mpscandroid there is a "droid ppi" setting that should be set depending on the resolution of your android device. hopefully that should keep the dimensions/layout fairly similar between platforms.

i don't think you can copy the profiles at this point.

hmm, been a while since i looked at this. i think you should be able to take the .mpc file from your windows computer and copy it to the same directory on mpscandroid. in mpscandroid there is a "droid ppi" setting that should be set depending on the resolution of your android device. hopefully that should keep the dimensions/layout fairly similar between platforms.

i don't think you can copy the profiles at this point.
    hmmm dont the profiles get saved to the .mpc file? or is that the layout?

ill try to copy the 3 mpc files that i have made.

thanks

Brian

just the layout gets saved in the .mpc file in the mpc directory. the profiles are in there own folder call prog. i used some stupid proprietary android file type when i wrote the program instead of using an xml type file for the profiles. i need to change that in mpscandroid so you can copy the profiles over also. on my list.

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast