Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: MPScanDroid

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: MPScanDroid

Quote Originally Posted by wheming View Post
    I don't know if that TPSPOS is right. I use TPSv.
    The new version seems to be working at least as well as the older one (I actually like it better). I've used both, have the old version on my newer phone (Galaxy S5 Active) and the new mpscandroid2 on the old spare phone (Galaxy SII Skyrocket).
    One thing about the old version, I'm not sure if the triggers worked. I have used the trigger sucessfully in the new version.

Morris - it might be helpful to get some data from another user since there is someone else interested in this? If you are ready after those changes to the ram setup for the analog inputs. But that wouldn't affect him.
    Wayne, i tried getting my arduino stuff setup last night and something is fubar'd so couldn't test the new version. i'll look at it later this week. ian, i'll check to see what version is out there and make sure you are using the latest version.
    89 Voyager LE, 2.5T2 - rest in peace
    87 Charger Shelby T2 (2.4 conversion in process)

turbo addict

How do I get a bin into mpscandroid? I get no dialog or options when selecting edit bin. Flash and read are grayed out.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Ian Adams Function>Form 1990 shadow scrapped, too rusty:( 1991 Spirit R/T Scrapped, parts sold:( 1989 Turbo Caravan Daily beater with built-[I]ish [/I]​engine slowly evolving into weekend turbo beater.

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shackwrrr View Post
    How do I get a bin into mpscandroid? I get no dialog or options when selecting edit bin. Flash and read are grayed out.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Not to step on wowzer's toes (or anyone else from the Engineering/Development/Testing Team), That is future functionality that is under development.
    You will need the mpscilink device in order to use those functions.

Be patient, it is getting close.
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

wayne is correct. ian, you may want to download the latest mpscandroid version. there's numerous fixes to it. uninstall the original version first. also, after you reinstall make sure the first thing you do is download the layout csv files again by selecting that menu option in mpscandroid.

if you want to experiment with editing bins you should try the following:
    1) load a BIN file in mptune
    2) click on settings / create mpscilink table file. this should create a .tbl file in the same directory as the bin file
    3) rename the files so the main part is only 8 characters, e.g. you would have a test1.bin file and a test1.tbl file
    4) copy those 2 tables to the com.mpsuite.mpscandroid/files/bins subdirectory on your phone/tablet.

i don't recall if you need to have the mpscilink device to get access or not. it's been too long since i looked at it.

lmk if that works.

turbo addict

Thanks for the reply, I'll try that out.
    Ian Adams Function>Form 1990 shadow scrapped, too rusty:( 1991 Spirit R/T Scrapped, parts sold:( 1989 Turbo Caravan Daily beater with built-[I]ish [/I]​engine slowly evolving into weekend turbo beater.

Mitsu booster

I copied a couple 3LV6 .bin+.tbl files as suggested above into the folder of my Galaxy-S5. But after selecting which bin to load MPScandroid crashes with "mpscandroid stopped" message.
    Maybe because i dont have "link-hardware" ?
    If thats the case, cant it be fixed?
    I am co-founder of LeBaron Germany (www.lebaron.de) and could have access to many cars from 86-95, especially post 92 models

Quote Originally Posted by olk93 View Post
    I copied a couple 3LV6 .bin+.tbl files as suggested above into the folder of my Galaxy-S5. But after selecting which bin to load MPScandroid crashes with "mpscandroid stopped" message.
    Maybe because i dont have "link-hardware" ?
    If thats the case, cant it be fixed?
    I am co-founder of LeBaron Germany (www.lebaron.de) and could have access to many cars from 86-95, especially post 92 models
    i'll take a look this weekend. it's really in the beta stage and designed primarily to work with the mpscilink device.

i just posted a new version so download it again and reinstall and then copy a bin and tbl file to the com.mpsuite.mpscandroid\files\bins directory on your phone/tablet. e.g. you could try the 093 v6 cal. it really was designed for the turbonator cals so i had to make a small change to work with the old style tbl files. hopefully you should be able to at least get some of the tables to load up.

also, the 3d tables are not set up to work yet (you would need to use the regular mptune program for that).

lmk.

Mitsu booster

Wow that was a quick fix - thanks a ton

Have 2 little issues : there seems to be a case-sensitive thing regarding "program stopped".
    If you have foo.bin and foo.TBL, but hey i guess everybody providing zips 'n' rars should take care about this

Another suggestion would be a "Do you really want quit editing ?" Quit - Continue buttons would be a foolproof solution because hitting (accidently) the Back-button of cellphone/tablet quits the Bin Editor.

Again thx for quick response.

posted update. i added exit prompt. was not able to recreate the issue you had with case-sensitive. i capitalized my tbl file and it still worked. i do not think the android OS is case sensitive. lmk if you continue to experience issues.

Quote Originally Posted by wowzer View Post
    posted update. i added exit prompt. was not able to recreate the issue you had with case-sensitive. i capitalized my tbl file and it still worked. i do not think the android OS is case sensitive. lmk if you continue to experience issues.
    Which version have you updated for the masses?
    Should i avoid that version?
    Wayne H.

'89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw

Mitsu booster

Wowser Respect!!! You da man
    The exit-routine works perfect, foolproof delux - very nice.

The upper/lowercase issue, assuming it to be the culprit, still persists.

Try download + unzip/copy the contents of this 3.0 V6 cal : 91V6-465 ( http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...l=1#post385334 )

When i select this bin in MPScandroid then the app crashes. But hey it is not so important

ok - will give it a try.

wayne, i uploaded the version you are using with a couple additional changes (which should not affect your testing). you could use that also if you want just to make sure you have all the current fixes.

olk93, you were correct. i did find the program bug which i fixed and posted a new version. the program will now force all bin/tbl files to lower case so every thing works correctly. thx.

Mitsu booster

Wowzer you made a nice nifty fix, works fine, thanx from over the pond
    Tomorrow i will hook my selfmade ftdi cable (rx/tx inversed + vcp enabled via ft-prog as suggested at bb-site) on my S5. Curious if it will pull off a .bin from my 93v6 Lebaron Sbec2 ?

Stock ECU-Data is on a ST (SGS THOMSON) M28F256-25 eeprom (acc. to datasheet needs 12V for flashing/programming using F-Presto algorithm), hmmm ... wierd i expected to find a 87c257 inside.

Last edited by olk93; 02-19-2017 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wowzer View Post
    ok - will give it a try.

wayne, i uploaded the version you are using with a couple additional changes (which should not affect your testing). you could use that also if you want just to make sure you have all the current fixes.
    Ok, i'll update AFTER racing tomorrow. I don't need to make the switch right now.
    Thanks Morris!
    Wayne H.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

I think I'm gonna have to try this out soon...
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

2.5 TIII stroker, 568 w/ OBX and 3.77 FD

Mitsu booster

How do i add ecu descriptions into MPScandroid?

I have a few .bin with matching .tbl (well, many but not all variables, tables, subroutines[MM], interrupts, io locations figured out yet). It's just a question of time ... oops thats a lie it's rather a question when "I feel like it" lol

It would be cool to go into Edit Bin -> Select a bin -> Tap on 3 dots top right corner AKA options -> Have a new option called : Set as custom (or my ecu or perhaps a choosable name or just the name of the .bin itself), short whatever makes most sense.

This new (3LV6) .tbl data should then be visible in "Ram Setup", "Ram X-Ref, "Bit Descriptions" and "Ecu Description" as set previously in the "Edit bin".

I guess i found a new MPScandroid-bug (using my Galaxy S5 phone) :
    Go into "Miscellaneous" -> "Ram X-Ref"
    In the 2nd column look the values for custom, they look little shredded, the width for "custom" seems 2 chars wide and the next item "LM" has no red vertical divider line.

unfortunately it's not quite that easy. even though i called it "mpscandroid" it really encompasses not only mpscan features but also mptune features. for example:

1) editing a bin uses the .bin and .tbl files. in the actual binary we are typically looking at address 0x8000 to 0x9000 for example. these "tables" are not modified by the code when the vehicle runs and are burned on to the chip during flashing and are basically lookup values.
    2) scanning is based off of the "ram" locations that are inherent in the mcu and not specifically named in the binary but referenced to in the code. these locations are typically at address 0x00 to 0xff. they are temporary working variables used by the code during vehicle operation and are lost when the vehicle is turned off.

so, in short, the table data is completely different then the ram data and is not able to be "easily" retrieved during program execution plus it would make no sense to scan data that does not change!

the scanning is based primarily off of the turbonator cals so the ram locations were generally "fixed" as determined by shelgame when he developed the relocatable code base.

the custom ecu description was added to allow users of non-turbonator cals to manually input the appropriate ram locations to scan, e.g. some of the stock cals have ram variables that do not line up exactly with the turbonator cals. with that being said, however, i do believe i need to look at allowing users to have more than 1 custom setup, especially with the work being done on the v6 and v8 cals. that's a pretty big process so it will take some time to do. plus, mpscandroid was never really used by anyone so the demand for features/changes has been negligible.

i'll look at your comment on the ram x-ref stuff. it's good to have someone starting to look at the program to help locate bugs.

Mitsu booster

the custom ecu description was added to allow users of non-turbonator cals to manually input the appropriate ram locations to scan,
    See? thats why i asked if MPScandroid could get the ability to read the .tbl and fill in the ram definitions (x-ref etc.) automagically for a custom ECM.

I didnt know that turbonator defines fixed locations for the vars in the 0x00 - 0xFF range, i thought it uses the orig locations as in the original bins. But thats ok, after the assembly it will work anyways.

But this is dangerous for the hardware adresses since the eg. port adresses of the CPU and it's mystery companion-chip (PIO1-2-3/a-b-c..) are mapped in different locations for different vintages. Ok, even if turbonator can tell the cpu where to map it's i/o port, then we still have a fixed mapping of the i/o ports and 600? bytes of ram from the "new" PIA chip - 44pin plcc, specs unknown.

Thats also the reason why many .bins dont work in any SBEC, you have broken idling or missing car features like no cruise control or even worse effects. Enabling the missing "feature bits" described in one byte the rom at 0x800C ...like the AC/ATX-MTX/CRUISE etc is a hit and miss, but you know this

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast