Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rossion not playing nicely!

turbo addict

Rossion not playing nicely!

Talked to Ian. He said he would buy back cars or we could wait for titles. Semi promising. Now on phone with state of fl to inquire about my title
    Last edited by 168glhs1986; 09-11-2013 at 03:15 PM.

Hybrid booster

Re: Rossion not playing nicely!

Consoulier?

turbo addict

Yes, everyone who bought one that was registered at some point in time is in the same position

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor zin's Avatar

As a possible alternative, you may be able to title the car as a home-built/custom/prototype. Even the people's republic of Kalifornia has a limited number of "specials" that they allow to be registered. Because it it California, that's a long shot, but I wouldn't be surprised if other states offer a similar accommodation for those odd-ball creations.

Might be worth checking if the titles are going to be a long-term problem...

Mike
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.
    - Edmund Burke

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor ajakeski's Avatar

Contact the State of Florida Depatment of Motor Vehicles and apply for a duplicate title.
    It may take some time to explain all the details, but I would imagine teh Florida DMV would be willing to issue duplicates.
    You may have to send in a signed or notorized affidavit stating the VIN you are regestering is actually on the car you own.
    You may also have luck in your own state applying for a title. Check with your local DMV.
    In Wisconsin, you apple for a replacement, have the vehicle inspected by a law enforcement agency to ensure the VIN and vehicle are legitimate, and then send in all the forms to the DMV along with a check.
    In a few weeks you get your title.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

Must be nice. In Texas if you cant get the person whose name is on the title to sign some stuff and post up a photocopy of their government ID, you are ---- out of luck. You can apply for a bonded title under certain circumstances but if the car has any value it is NOT cheap.

Dont push the red button.You hear me?

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

I'll be interested to see how this plays out. That's one thing that turned me off about this whole thing.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
    Must be nice. In Texas if you cant get the person whose name is on the title to sign some stuff and post up a photocopy of their government ID, you are ---- out of luck. You can apply for a bonded title under certain circumstances but if the car has any value it is NOT cheap.

Ding ding. Problem is my car was just issued a new title as of July 13th but i dont know whos name is on it. I did call Florida and asked or a duplicate and they see the title but can only send it to the name on the title. .

If that name is either Rossion or the owner of Rossion im ok. If that name is Mosler i may be ok. If that name is joe Smith from b f Florida and i ask him (if he is still around) to sign the title over to me he may say go f yourself the car is mine....now what can i o? Take him to court?

I woud imagine everyone will play nicely but you just never know. One thing i wont do is alter the vin as no car is worth prison time over.

I called the owner of Rossion and he was "working on it" and made it sound like it would happen but just didnt know when. He also offered to buy the car back.

I dont want to get a bonded title as that doesnt guard against worst case intentional deceiption.

So anyway, the car is stripped so if they want the car back they will be getting a gutted shell with a broken windshield and no doors.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 168glhs1986 View Post
    Ding ding. Problem is my car was just issued a new title as of July 13th but i dont know whos name is on it. I did call Florida and asked or a duplicate and they see the title but can only send it to the name on the title. .

If that name is either Rossion or the owner of Rossion im ok. If that name is Mosler i may be ok. If that name is joe Smith from b f Florida and i ask him (if he is still around) to sign the title over to me he may say go f yourself the car is mine....now what can i o? Take him to court?

I woud imagine everyone ill play nicely but you just never know. One thing i wont do is alter the vin as no car is worth prison time over.

I called the owner of Rossion and he was "working on it" and made it sound like it would happen but just didnt know when. He also offered to buy the car back.

I dont want to get a bonded title as that doesnt guard against worst case intentional deceiption.

So anyway, the car is stripped so if they want the car back they will be getting a gutted shell with a broken windshield and no doors.
    Give me a month with a Mclaren F1 and I'll do three in the county lockup.

turbo addict

Made several more calls today and I'm feeling a little better about my (and others) titles or MSO's.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor ForzaV12's Avatar

Good to hear! Takes a little fun out of the purchase until that is resolved.
    87 GLHS ,66 Hemi Coronet, 69 Road Runner, 70 Challenger-"Vanishing Point", 68 Road Runner "Petty",69 ZL1 Corvette,2016 Scat Pack Challenger,67 Corvette vintage racer,Cadillac ATS Turbo, 66 GTO road racer,67 911S, Ford V Ferrari Porsche 906 and Ferrari P3

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

just title it as a fiero..... close enough

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

turbo addict

Talked to them Friday, Ian said he expects the issue to be resolved by Wednesday (9-25-13).
    We shall see........
    Great stuff for great cars! Poly engine mounts and bushings at: http://www.polybushings.com

turbo addict

Is bet my pink slip on a big fat NO. Oh wait I don't have a pink slip! I'm still waiting for it

turbo addict

Call today, dont wait.

- - - Updated - - -

I just called (Tuesday 12:54 pacific time) and he was not there.
    Great stuff for great cars! Poly engine mounts and bushings at: http://www.polybushings.com

turbo addict

Hope you guys have everything in writing as far as title. If not and he doesn't want to play nice you guys are in for some work, time and money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

boostaholic

I got a dupe title for my last TM, and many times before for older vehicles. Its never been expensive or difficult. Took time yeah, but not hard work or big money.
    MinivanRider

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Call today, dont wait.

- - - Updated - - -

I just called (Tuesday 12:54 pacific time) and he was not there.
    The only way I have gotten him to call me back is when I call every 3 hours and leave a message saying I will try again in 3 hours

turbo addict

DO that tomorrow!

I don't want to slay it but you guys need to check for bankruptcies, liens, etc on this guy and the company. Remember that if he puts that money into paying off a house in Florida, you can't touch it! I am a realist that would love to be proven a pessimist. I hope you all prove me a pessimist in this case! Time is ticking.

If he had liens on these cars, they are NOT yours! Same as unknowingly buying a stolen car. It belongs to the previous legal owner when found.
    If you want to start, contact the Florida attorney general for advice.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast