Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Caliber vs all

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Re: Caliber vs all

Quote Originally Posted by kuzman83 View Post
    Fuel mileage did go up slightly, I get right around 33-34 highway between 65-70mph. I got version 3.
    I NEED one of these cars!

turbo addict

That's great mpg. My 2.4l 5 speed patriot gets about 28-30 at those speeds. Maybe when I pay this thing off I can find a wrecked csrt4 and turbo it. Idk how strong the awd system is though.

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor iTurbo's Avatar

I just checked MPG in my CSRT last weekend on a round trip between Cheyenne and Denver (~200 miles). I got 34 MPG which surprised me because traffic was pretty heavy as I got near downtown on I-25. I checked it by filling up at Cheyenne, and then refilling the tank at the same pump in Cheyenne when I got back and divided the miles by gallons used.

Car only has Mopar MS1 right now and has every option so I imagine it's on the heavy side of CSRTs.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor supercrackerbox's Avatar

Damn, I would love to get that kind of mileage out of mine. I actually have an MS1 sitting on my desk right now, I just need to find a dealer that can install it.

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor iTurbo's Avatar

I have gotten that kind of mileage quite a few times on the highway, but the city MPG really drops on mine. City MPG on mine is more like 21-24 MPG and somewhat worse in colder weather.

You're going to like the MS1; big difference! Probably the best part is the drive-by-wire is remapped so the throttle response is a lot better. The WOT boost went up from about 10-12 psi to a solid 16 psi. MPGs seemed to go up a little too.

I'm not sure when I'll be installing any more upgrades because I'm pretty darn happy with the car right now as it is and I have a lot of older 2.2/2.5 stuff to do anyway.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor supercrackerbox's Avatar

My commute to work is 100 miles round trip each day, all interstate ranging from 60 to 75mph. I have hit as high as 33 according to the little readout, but averaging for the full tank I'm getting about 26-27.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123