Thread: Vin locations?

boostaholic

Vin locations?

Hi all. 86 Lebaron ragtop. Where are the vins located on this car aside from the dashboard and on the door sticker?

Apparently I bought a car that I can't get registered. So this 86 may become an 85 that got totaled a few months ago.
    Pete Faggella 03 PT Cruiser, 2.4L N/A 5 speed. Daily driver. All stock with baby moon wheels. 85 LeBaron 2.2TBI auto. Hoped I'd see a difference with bumped compression, but I didn't. Still slow. "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!'"

Hybrid booster

Re: Vin locations?

How cant it be registered?Technically, there are vins on nearly every welded "detachable" part on the car, at least the serial number run. As far as vin stickera, i thought there was one on each inner front fender, one on the hood, one on the back bumper, and a few placed inside underneath paneling, namely behind the back paneling in the back.

boostaholic

I bought the car from a guy in Connecticut (I'm in RI). Apparently, he never registered the car when he bought it. So, essentially, I have a bill of sale from the first owner to him, and him to me. DMV won't take that. I called him to try and get it straightened out and basically I'm SOL.

Unless I forge a bill of sale from the original owner or track him down (haven't been able to do that, even if I did, what do I say?) or swap VIN's with my old car I'm out of options.
    Pete Faggella 03 PT Cruiser, 2.4L N/A 5 speed. Daily driver. All stock with baby moon wheels. 85 LeBaron 2.2TBI auto. Hoped I'd see a difference with bumped compression, but I didn't. Still slow. "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!'"

Shouldn't say this, but I'd just forge something and go to a currency exchange since they never check anything lol

Hybrid booster

^ I've had to sign in the past.

turbo addict

Know anyone in Vermont? Sell it to them and buy it back, should be a way to get a title then. Vermont doesn't have titles for anything older.
    Ian Adams Function>Form 1990 shadow scrapped, too rusty:( 1991 Spirit R/T Scrapped, parts sold:( 1989 Turbo Caravan Daily beater with built-[I]ish [/I]​engine slowly evolving into weekend turbo beater.