Thread: 350hp recipe, 2.5 8v

turbo addict

350hp recipe, 2.5 8v

Looking for 350+ in my van and I'd like to know how far I need to go on the head, intake, and manifold.

The turbo I plan on using is a turbonetics 50 trim T3/T4 stage 2 .63 turbine.

I'd like to reach my goal on pump gas if possible, under 25psi as well.

I'll add to this later with more plans.
    Ian Adams Function>Form 1990 shadow scrapped, too rusty:( 1991 Spirit R/T Scrapped, parts sold:( 1989 Turbo Caravan Daily beater with built-[I]ish [/I]​engine slowly evolving into weekend turbo beater.

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor Shadow's Avatar

Re: 350hp recipe, 2.5 8v

+1mm head, whichever one you prefer. Any decent port job will do. Fully ported 2 piece intake OR do the ported lower half and slap a big plenum top on it. You have the perfect turbo for the job as long as it's in it's native housing.

You could do this on a stock unported exhaust mani easy, so any decent porting on the exhaust mani should do. What you really want to do is make sure you have a full 3" mandrel coming straight off the turbine housing. IF you choose to run any of the stock style swing valves it may be the difference of making your goals on pump gas.

Want to make it even easier, slap an F4 cam in there and set it up properly!

Robert Mclellan
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wambNdfnu5M
    10.04 @ 143.28mph (144.82 highest mph)
    Worlds fastest 8v MTX Shelby Charger
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!
    New clutch combo is the SH!T!

turbo addict

The swingvalve I made for my hybrid turbo has 3" coming directly off the turbine and the wastegate is divided, so that should help with flow. I planned on a log manifold so plumbing would be easier(didn't want to cut the compressor outlet down)

I wasn't sure of what I needed for the head, I have the capability to do a minor port job and I planned on working the chambers to help with pump gas tuning. I just can't see myself getting some of these mirror polished ports I see on here. I'm not against running a big cam either.
    Ian Adams Function>Form 1990 shadow scrapped, too rusty:( 1991 Spirit R/T Scrapped, parts sold:( 1989 Turbo Caravan Daily beater with built-[I]ish [/I]​engine slowly evolving into weekend turbo beater.

boostaholic Turbo Mopar Contributor

Actually, you don't want mirror polished ports. A good port job with rough sanded ports is good enough. There was actually some research done a few years ago that showed that a slightly roughened port wall actually helped with keep the fuel in suspension. Perfectly smooth ports can allow fuel droplets to form on the walls. I didn't get my ports real smooth when I did my head, and it seems to work just fine.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor zin's Avatar

Exhaust likes the mirror finish, but, as stated, anywhere there's going to be liquid (atomized or not) a fairly rough finish keeps it in suspension.

Mike

- - - Updated - - -

Exhaust likes the mirror finish, but, as stated, anywhere there's going to be liquid (atomized or not) a fairly rough finish keeps it in suspension.

Mike
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.
    - Edmund Burke

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor Shadow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shackwrrr View Post

I wasn't sure of what I needed for the head, I have the capability to do a minor port job and I planned on working the chambers to help with pump gas tuning. I just can't see myself getting some of these mirror polished ports I see on here. I'm not against running a big cam either.
    I wouldn't be to concerned about making something perfect, the head on the Charger has nothing close to mirror finish anywhere. lol

Robert Mclellan
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wambNdfnu5M
    10.04 @ 143.28mph (144.82 highest mph)
    Worlds fastest 8v MTX Shelby Charger
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!
    New clutch combo is the SH!T!