Thread: Not a Dodge but 452 MPH

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."
    -- Justice Antonin Scalia

Re: Not a Dodge but 452 MPH

Is that not the most AWESOME looking streamliner you've ever seen?

Yeah, it has the nose on the ground, no air's gonna get under it; I'd like to know more about their thinking as they don't appear to be trying to vacuum it to the ground, rather it appears to be pressure from above.
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."

turbo addict

There is ground effect aero going on with that car. Notice that the nose has a skirt on in and that it is higher in the front than down the sides. Then, the rear is a giant diffuser. That sets the aerodynamic center for the car and determines the aerodynamic stability.

It also looks like they are trying to get the air to go around the car instead of over it. It's shaped exactly like a fighter jet canopy (possibly what they used).

The only thing that bothers me is the exhaust. The only thing I can think is that they are using the passing air to help scavenge the exhaust out of it. If that's the case, it's pretty darn smart. If not...then why?

It's kinda funny that this came up because I was just talking about this with a coworker yesterday that knows some guys working on a streamliner that is to compete for this record. Lets just say their idea is interesting and if it works, it could change the way these types of cars are built.

Great explanation, thanks.
    John Laing

-- Alexis de Tocqueville

--Ayn Rand

Mitsu booster

God I love Speed week. I wasn't able to make it out to that one. But I'm going to be there on 9/7 to see my friend have his second attempt at breaking the Land speed record in his class. 212 mph in a B6 Passat!! Living only a half hour away from the Bonneville flats sure is nice.

Follow their page!

https://www.facebook.com/PotterBrosRacing