Thread: 1985 Chrysler New Yorker Turbo with 24,114 original miles

1985 Chrysler New Yorker Turbo with 24,114 original miles

Date: 23rd August 2013
    Username: Dodge Aries K
    Full Name: Karl Bonfiglio
    City, State, Zip: Machesney Park, IL 61115
    Selling or Wanted Price: On eBay for $2000 starting bid, $6000 and I'll cancel the auction

Description:
    Please look at the eBay ad for pictures! http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=161092235770

Here's part of the eBay description:
    Up for your bidding consideration is my prized 1985 Chrysler New Yorker turbo sedan. This car has only seen 24,114 miles of use in 28 years and when you look at it you can definitely tell. It features the Chrysler 2.2L Turbo 4 cylinder engine and the Torqueflite A413 3 speed transmission. The other option on these cars was the unreliable 2.6L Mitsubishi engine so I'm fortunate this car isn't equipped that way! As a proper luxury car of its time, it features power windows, power door locks, power mirrors, cruise control, air conditioning, digital instrument cluster, power driver seat, overhead console with map lights and storage, velour upholstry, and more. The car also has a electronic voice alert module which talks to you about any conditions it doesn't like such as buckling up or being low on fuel. This can be turned off via switch in the glovebox. Also, the a/c is ice cold so your drive home will be pleasant. The paint shines brilliantly, the interior is gorgeous, and the body is super nice. It still even has it's original tires with good tread, which is great for collectability and not so good for drivability.

However, since it was driven, there are a few small scratches, chips, and so forth. I've photographed any flaws I could find and included them in the pictures below. It wasn't kept hermetically sealed (as much as I wanted to) so it isn't 100% perfect. I've also never tried the cassette player in fear that it would steal the tape. That risk is up to you.

Realistically, this is probably one of the nicest New Yorker turbos left in the world... and I hope nothing more that it goes to a good home that will respect it for what it is and take excellent care of it. I've never left it outside a night since I bought it a year and a half ago and it's always been stored indoors since then. I have a carfax report to go along with the car to show you it's clean, low mileage history. It's never been in a wreck and I'm darn sure it's been treated right for it's whole life. I love this car almost as much as life itself but, unfortunately, with some hardships going on in my life it's time for me to say goodbye to the nicest vehicle I have ever had the privilege of owning.

Hybrid booster

Re: 1985 Chrysler New Yorker Turbo with 24,114 original miles

I noticed an * in the odometer, I believe it has 124K and not 24K.

Hybrid booster

My 85 had a 6th digit, I sold it at over 151K on the same ODO that one has. That thing is CLEAN! BTW I sold mine for $1500, $2K is robbery for that car. The * is odd though, never saw that on mine. GLWTS!
    1991 Chrysler Lebaron GTC convertible - a568 - 15psi FWD Stage 3, FMIC, TII Garrett turbo, two of the big ones

Hybrid booster

I'm pretty sure it means rolled over 100K or that it thinks it was tampered with. Search on here, I remember threads about this before.
    Last edited by tommyturbo; 08-25-2013 at 03:19 AM.

Hybrid booster

Tampered with could mean many things. I'm going to put a digital dash from a "lord knows what" with "lord knows how many miles" into my LeBaron if I get around to it. I wouldn't call shenanigans on someone's FS thread without knowing what the * means. Would be interesting to know what it means but I guarantee that digital dash reads over 100K. I wish I had a pic but mine read to the 6th digit without a doubt.
    1991 Chrysler Lebaron GTC convertible - a568 - 15psi FWD Stage 3, FMIC, TII Garrett turbo, two of the big ones

The * means that it either has over 200K since the cluster can only show 199,999 as it's highest digit... OR... it means that the cluster was replaced by Chrysler and the new cluster was programmed to the correct mileage. I can assure you the car does NOT have over 200K on it.

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

I seriously would have a very hard time avoiding buying this car if it was white with red velour interior. (Just like an old one I had years ago.)
    But that brown (or is this "Medium Suede" JonnyB? ) still looks very nice!
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

It's called Mink Brown haha.

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

Sorry to see it go.
    That was in really nice shape.
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

Yeah, and I guess it wasn't worth near as much as I hoped for... oh well.

- - - Updated - - -

If a mod can do me a favor and delete this thread I'd appreciate it. I don't want to see this anymore since it breaks my heart.