I replaced the positive battery cable on my 89 Dodge Grand Caravan with the 2.5 turbo and 5 speed manual trans. The old cable melted itself to the exhaust manifold, and since the local parts store would be a 3 day wait for the new one, I put in a couple wires attached to a switch inside the cabin. The bottom of the wires went to the starter solenoid to act as a way to start the van without cranking on it. Well, like an idiot, I forgot that coolant is hot, and the wires touched the coolant return line from the turbo back to the block, and they melted together. When I hit the switch, they caught on fire. I was able to put the fire out quickly, and the only thing damaged in the fire was the two wires. Well, yesterday I ripped those wires out, and then installed the new battery cable. I can't get the van to crank without using a screwdriver on the two terminals on the solenoid. I have power down to the starter, but no power to the "run" wire. When I plug in the big wire off the battery cable that goes to the ignition switch everything turns on. When I plug the other connector in, I have power on both sides of the crimp connection, at the plug, and after the fusible link. I have power into the starter relay, but there are 5 wires into my relay, and when I hit the key, only power at 2 connectors, including the one I had power at before I hit the key. I need to go to work at 8 am Monday morning, and I have things to do with my son this afternoon. HELP!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I got it running. I replaced the starter relay, and it fixed the issue. I still wouldn't mind seeing a starter relay diagram to know what goes where, but at this time, I got it going!