Thread: SEM Interior Paint Code 1989 CSX

SEM Interior Paint Code 1989 CSX

Does anyone know the color code for the interior pieces? And when I ask this, I don't mean what is common but the actual color code that someone has used and can verify the closeness of the match. Can we also maybe start a sticky with color codes maybe for all colors? I'm searching through threads and it's not very easy to find the color code for an 89 CSX. :\
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Garrett booster

Re: SEM Interior Paint Code 1989 CSX

That's a start! I don't have the facilities to paint with a gun right now, but this will be great to have for future use. Is there a chart like this for the SEM brand paints that others have used for their CSX interior? And thanks for the information!
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

turbo addict

Jon,
    I re-sprayed a couple iems in my interior on my 88 CSX-T. This should be the same interior color. My 89 ES Shadow is also the same color. Chrysler refers to it as Charcoal or Quartz in their parts catalogs and sales brochures. Your radiator core (fender) tag should have S8 on it. I looked into SEM rattle cans and nothing was very close. I had my local car parts store that mixes paint make me up a pint. They told me originally that it only comes in quarts, but being a customer for 35+ years, I have a little pull. Anyway, the vinyl paints come ready to spray, so all it would take is to buy any cheap harbor freight or ebay touch-up (detail gun) and an air source. Little bit of lacquer thinner to clean out the gun and you would be good to go. The pint I bought was like $25. It was a perfect match. Even if you have never used spray equipment, you will have excellent results. The key is to clean the parts very, very, well. like 4 or 5 times. Stuff like Armour-All doesn't like to come off easily with soap and water. They also sell an adhesion promoter. Think of this as a clear primer. This is optional, depending on how much wear the part could see.
    Todd

Quote Originally Posted by 4 l-bodies View Post
    Jon,
    I re-sprayed a couple iems in my interior on my 88 CSX-T. This should be the same interior color. My 89 ES Shadow is also the same color. Chrysler refers to it as Charcoal or Quartz in their parts catalogs and sales brochures. Your radiator core (fender) tag should have S8 on it. I looked into SEM rattle cans and nothing was very close. I had my local car parts store that mixes paint make me up a pint. They told me originally that it only comes in quarts, but being a customer for 35+ years, I have a little pull. Anyway, the vinyl paints come ready to spray, so all it would take is to buy any cheap harbor freight or ebay touch-up (detail gun) and an air source. Little bit of lacquer thinner to clean out the gun and you would be good to go. The pint I bought was like $25. It was a perfect match. Even if you have never used spray equipment, you will have excellent results. The key is to clean the parts very, very, well. like 4 or 5 times. Stuff like Armour-All doesn't like to come off easily with soap and water. They also sell an adhesion promoter. Think of this as a clear primer. This is optional, depending on how much wear the part could see.
    Todd
    I see what you're talking about Todd. Going to try and get the paint this next week and finish the interior panels. I did try and use a primer, but it was spray on and I may not have cleaned the pieces enough. They looked clean and I can assure you, the previous owner did not detail the inside too much, but cleaning multiple times can't hurt. I have a gun and a spray tip for different consistencies. I'll probably take a little and test it on a piece to see how it comes out and also test the durability. The ones I shot and let sit for 24 hours came off with the first bump against the dash when installing the A pillar piece. Granted, it wasn't a light bump, but I would hope that the paint would hold up to a decent knock here and there. I've had really good success previously, only seeing rubbing effects where the trim pieces overlap, so I was a little disappointed when it came off as easily as it did. Maybe the PPG or better brand stuff has more staying strength.

Thanks again for the notes Todd and also for the sheet bamman!

Mitsu booster

Reviving and old thread.

JT, any luck with the 89 CSX interior paint code? Seems.folks say S8 but all I can find for that is a Charcoal Pearl which is not correct.

Also, would you happen to know the paint code for gold fiberides?

Quote Originally Posted by GLHS564 View Post
    Reviving and old thread.

JT, any luck with the 89 CSX interior paint code? Seems.folks say S8 but all I can find for that is a Charcoal Pearl which is not correct.

Also, would you happen to know the paint code for gold fiberides?
    Man I sold that car and haven't really messed with my other cars interiors, so nothing from me. Been so busy with other life things that I really haven't worked on my cars that much in the last couple years. Hoping to change that this year though.

Hybrid booster

I heard a long time ago that SEM Warm Gray was a decent match. I've never checked on it myself though.