Thread: My wife's 89 Voyager van build.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

My wife's 89 Voyager van build.

Its the lighter maroon colour with a darker bottom, has pumpers, a/c and cruise, auto. Bought with a blown head gasket.

Its a total budget build with whatever parts I have around, can't afford much plus I don't want it to be highly modified but she will be drag racing it,

So list of things it will be getting done or have been done-

2nd Gen front suspension and didn't realize it had 11" brakes-woot, free, rear 2nd gen sway bar, also free.

Complete engine rebuild as the deck is damaged, slight porting, re-ring, PT lifters and shimmed 3.3 springs, keep balance shafts, new belts, hoses etc. Detail engine bay as much as possible. The engine has so much dirt on it, its unreal, a good 1/2-3/4 inch thick.

Trans mods for shifting.

TII garrett and a 2 piece intake-got the intake from Shelgame and Shayne is welding up the botched lower porting job, stock exhaust, no IC, calibration, gauges.

My old GTC wheels, she doesn't want it lowered and getting tinted windows, of course.

That's about it.

Last edited by turbovanmanČ; 07-27-2013 at 02:00 AM.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Re: My wife's 89 Voyager van build.

Sharp! My favorite turbo mini color combo.

Thanks, it has some rust in the back, shocker but fairly clean. Haven't had chance to do anymore work on it, working on my diesel van, getting some of the bugs worked out for our trip next weekend.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.

Hybrid booster

When I had my white 90 mini I had two DSM cores welded together. They fit very nicely where the a/c condenser was. Like you I moved the condenser over in front of the rad so I could keep the a/c. The welder that put it together had no clue though, so it leaked a bit (fixed with JB weld) and the design of the end tanks was not optimal. Used it anyway and managed a 14.52 with it. If you can find two of those cores and have Shayne put them together that would kick butt!

Shayne was just here, lol, we just chatted about putting an intercooler on it, it will be intercooled at some point but I just want to get it running then add one next year. Getting burned out working on cars right now.