Thread: Nose reinforcement for Shelby Charger

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor jeff1234's Avatar

Nose reinforcement for Shelby Charger

Hey all, I am looking for the reinforcement that installs inside the nose piece. It must be unbroken and all screw holes must be in good condition. It is the piece that the headlight bucket assemblies bolt onto. Failing to find a good one I would be willing to take just a good driver side so I can cut out the portion I need and repair the one I have. (see pic's). You can notice that the driver side lower part is busted off. I don't need the bucket or any related parts, just the plastic part.
    The only substitute for cubic inches is cubic dollars, how fast can you afford to go?

turbo addict

Re: Nose reinforcement for Shelby Charger

If your not in a hurry, I can check the one still in the nose mounted on the front of one of my parts cars.

Thanks Jay that will work! Jeff
    The only substitute for cubic inches is cubic dollars, how fast can you afford to go?

Basic Vendor (MSD, Hawk, etc) Turbo Mopar Contributor rbryant's Avatar

Note that the 83 and older 2 door lbody support is the same part number.

-Rich

Jay, perhaps we should talk about price before you do all of the work necessary to get that part out and inspect it. The cost of shipping that particular piece will be high because it will be oversized. I hope that you get this before you start taking it apart. I just thought about it this morning. My apologies.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by jeff1234 View Post
    Jay, perhaps we should talk about price before you do all of the work necessary to get that part out and inspect it. The cost of shipping that particular piece will be high because it will be oversized. I hope that you get this before you start taking it apart. I just thought about it this morning. My apologies.
    PM sent.

I would consider rebuilding it if you have the broken pieces. If you don't, I would work to rebuild it with what you have. It's fiberglass and wouldn't be hare to fix.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    I would consider rebuilding it if you have the broken pieces. If you don't, I would work to rebuild it with what you have. It's fiberglass and wouldn't be hare to fix.
    While I'm not sure what rabbits have to do with this, Jon is dead on. I'm impressed with his ability to not only fix his, but make it look pretty nice too.

That was a harey observation! Hahahaha. Part of the thing is missing and it would be difficult to make that part from scratch to install on the broken piece. This thing positions the nose piece and the holes for the combination screws have to be right on the money to prevent deforming the nose relative to the front fender.
    jeff

That was a harey observation! Hahahaha. Part of the thing is missing and it would be difficult to make that part from scratch to install on the broken piece. This thing positions the nose piece and the holes for the combination screws have to be right on the money to prevent deforming the nose relative to the front fender.
    jeff
    Yeah I've got the same one. Honestly, if you find a headlight bar that is in good shape, you'll find a gem. Well at least one that someone is willing to part with. I have a broken spare I am keeping for when I need to replace one in the future if needed. Good luck with the find though, I'm sure there is one out there that would be a good donor.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

turbo addict

These are pretty hard to find.. Luckily I found one, NOS, at Carlisle this year

Quote Originally Posted by 85shelbycharger View Post
    These are pretty hard to find.. Luckily I found one, NOS, at Carlisle this year
    Wow, that is a gem. Cograts that you found one!

Jon, I think your 85 Charger is really sinister looking, very cool car.
    Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    Yeah I've got the same one. Honestly, if you find a headlight bar that is in good shape, you'll find a gem. Well at least one that someone is willing to part with. I have a broken spare I am keeping for when I need to replace one in the future if needed. Good luck with the find though, I'm sure there is one out there that would be a good donor.

Jon, I think your 85 Charger is really sinister looking, very cool car.
    heh, thanks man!! The one in my sig is the 87 GLHS. I actually have an 85, but it's down for the moment from an accident. :\