Garrett booster

1990 Dodge Daytona Shelby VNT

Date: 14th July 2013
    Username: daytonaracer90x
    Full Name:
    City, State, Zip:
    Contact: Daytonaracer90x@yahoo.com phone number available upon request
    Selling or Wanted Price: $2500

Description: It is with a very heavy heart I'm attempting to get this guy over to someone who can finish what I've started. I'll go into all the details in a min but the short and skinny is 11G invested and about 50% project completion. runs and drives very well.

i used to have a 90 Daytona 2.5 ES 5 sp turbo, it was only my 3rd car but first experience with a turbo car. i loved it and also beat the ever lovin crap out of it too. i had it only 10 months and managed to almost get my lic suspended 3 times. maxed out my allowable points on my lic i was 21. i ended up having to get rid of it or be kicked off my dads ins and find a new place to live. well every day since then i have missed it sorely so imagine my excitement when i was checking the local classified ads online in utah when i found this 90 daytona shelby vnt for sale 3 hours south of me. since then i have spent the last year and a half dumping $$ into this guy bent on making a project out of it. so far here is the list of things completed, there were only a few thing completed when i got it. i literally saved it from the scrap yard. the guy before me wanted to fix it up but lost interest. he had it 5 years sitting behind the dealership he worked at. said he wanted to focus more on his craft and buy some tools. so i gladly took it off his hands, so as promised here is the list to date
    new alternator
    new aluminum radiator
    new windshield
    2 axles
    2 trans mounts
    console
    CD player w/ usb & aux in ( nothing special a Dual brand deck mainly installed to fill the whole)
    4 new pioneer speakers 2 upfront 2 in the rear
    changed all the fluids
    CAI w/ cone filter
    L&R tie rod ends
    Dynamax 2.5” exhaust (all new when i got it it was cut off at drivers door)
    LF window regulator and window scraper (those little fellas are fragile!)
    wipers
    new tires (Continental Extreme Contact DWS 205/55-16 good tire!)
    powder coated wheels gloss white (snowflake CS wheels two extra w/o tires powder coated white never mounted & 1 as a spare totaling 7 all together)
    Life time alignment Firestone
    L&R wheel hubs
    new plugs NGK iridium XI
    8.5 mm wires
    dist cap and rotor
    MSD Blaster 3 coil
    valve cover gasket
    PCV valve
    L&R rear shocks
    o2 sensor
    F&R Springs
    Fr struts and strut mounts
    Rack and Pinion (TWICE! first one had manufacture defect sheesh! all good to go now!)
    L&R inner/outer rear bearings
    Fog lights (oem black cat and working)
    SRT-4 Neon intercooler/ custom piping
    New VNT turbo (early 2012)
    Freshly rebuilt head (early 2012)
    FWD stage 3 computer
    new clutch/rebuilt transmission a586
    new oil pump
    New cross drilled & slotted rotors all the way around W/new brakes
    i ve even got a full set of white 1990 dodge daytona shelby VNT vinlys i bought for 120. was gonna get them put on after a new paint job.

now i have paperwork pretty thick and dating back quite a few years for work done, i was giving a folder full of paperwork from the last owner so the "proof is in the pudding" documented professional work done (not cheap either) and i have amassed an equal maybe greater thickness of paperwork myself. also beings it was my project i collected many parts from junk yards and even bought a running Daytona (not for long) for 350 just for the good useful parts. so I've got metal racks full of parts (and plastic bins . ) that all go with it , i mean what in the world do i need with them after its gone.

The obvious issues i can tell right now is the dash is cracked alot, the underneath mainly drivers side is pretty eat up with cancer (rust) couple bubble spots on the body, the power steering pump needs to be replaced but heck thats only like 30 bucks and super easy to fix . i might just do that before letting it go, too easy. it has roughly 127 - 130K miles on it the odometer is broke everything else works it stopped on 124k. i have a spare one of those too just haven't had the time to put that in either. in the last year it has been lic & registered but only driven once a week aprox 3-10 miles to keep it moving. Now im not naive or chasing dreams here i know there's no way in hell i'd ever get anywhere close to the investment back, only certain few cars do that and to be quite honest i never had any intention of selling it .. ever . . but you know its funny life happens, i just cant seem to make it work with being active duty military, 3 kids and having a project. i tried trust me i did haha. there has just been soo much time, effort, and ok yea cash invested into this and its really just over 50% complete, the absolute last i want is for it to be just parted and sent on to the scrap pile. Was just kinda hoping to find the enthusiast like me that would love to take this on at this stage of the build. it is late tonite but i wanted to finish the post i will add pics tomorrow. here is some "before and after" pics i took while working on the build. most of these pics are earlier on in the build but can give you an idea for now until i get some more recent pics put up. http://s185.photobucket.com/user/spe...?sort=3&page=1.
    Last edited by daytonaracer90x; 07-14-2013 at 11:07 PM. Reason: spelling

Garrett booster

Re: 1990 Dodge Daytona Shelby VNT

Quote Originally Posted by daytonaracer90x View Post
    Date: 14th July 2013
    Username: daytonaracer90x
    Full Name:
    City, State, Zip:
    Contact: Daytonaracer90x@yahoo.com phone number available upon request
    Selling or Wanted Price: $2500

Description: It is with a very heavy heart I'm attempting to get this guy over to someone who can finish what I've started. I'll go into all the details in a min but the short and skinny is 11G invested and about 50% project completion. runs and drives very well.

i used to have a 90 Daytona 2.5 ES 5 sp turbo, it was only my 3rd car but first experience with a turbo car. i loved it and also beat the ever lovin crap out of it too. i had it only 10 months and managed to almost get my lic suspended 3 times. maxed out my allowable points on my lic i was 21. i ended up having to get rid of it or be kicked off my dads ins and find a new place to live. well every day since then i have missed it sorely so imagine my excitement when i was checking the local classified ads online in utah when i found this 90 daytona shelby vnt for sale 3 hours south of me. since then i have spent the last year and a half dumping $$ into this guy bent on making a project out of it. so far here is the list of things completed, there were only a few thing completed when i got it. i literally saved it from the scrap yard. the guy before me wanted to fix it up but lost interest. he had it 5 years sitting behind the dealership he worked at. said he wanted to focus more on his craft and buy some tools. so i gladly took it off his hands, so as promised here is the list to date
    new alternator
    new aluminum radiator
    new windshield
    2 axles
    2 trans mounts
    console
    CD player w/ usb & aux in ( nothing special a Dual brand deck mainly installed to fill the whole)
    4 new pioneer speakers 2 upfront 2 in the rear
    changed all the fluids
    CAI w/ cone filter
    L&R tie rod ends
    Dynamax 2.5” exhaust (all new when i got it it was cut off at drivers door)
    LF window regulator and window scraper (those little fellas are fragile!)
    wipers
    new tires (Continental Extreme Contact DWS 205/55-16 good tire!)
    powder coated wheels gloss white (snowflake CS wheels two extra w/o tires powder coated white never mounted & 1 as a spare totaling 7 all together)
    Life time alignment Firestone
    L&R wheel hubs
    new plugs NGK iridium XI
    8.5 mm wires
    dist cap and rotor
    MSD Blaster 3 coil
    valve cover gasket
    PCV valve
    L&R rear shocks
    o2 sensor
    F&R Springs
    Fr struts and strut mounts
    Rack and Pinion (TWICE! first one had manufacture defect sheesh! all good to go now!)
    L&R inner/outer rear bearings
    Fog lights (oem black cat and working)
    SRT-4 Neon intercooler/ custom piping
    New VNT turbo (early 2012)
    Freshly rebuilt head (early 2012)
    FWD stage 3 computer
    new clutch/rebuilt transmission a586
    new oil pump
    New cross drilled & slotted rotors all the way around W/new brakes
    i ve even got a full set of white 1990 dodge daytona shelby VNT vinlys i bought for 120. was gonna get them put on after a new paint job.

now i have paperwork pretty thick and dating back quite a few years for work done, i was giving a folder full of paperwork from the last owner so the "proof is in the pudding" documented professional work done (not cheap either) and i have amassed an equal maybe greater thickness of paperwork myself. also beings it was my project i collected many parts from junk yards and even bought a running Daytona (not for long) for 350 just for the good useful parts. so I've got metal racks full of parts (and plastic bins . ) that all go with it , i mean what in the world do i need with them after its gone.

The obvious issues i can tell right now is the dash is cracked alot, the underneath mainly drivers side is pretty eat up with cancer (rust) couple bubble spots on the body, the power steering pump needs to be replaced but heck thats only like 30 bucks and super easy to fix . i might just do that before letting it go, too easy. it has roughly 127 - 130K miles on it the odometer is broke everything else works it stopped on 124k. i have a spare one of those too just haven't had the time to put that in either. in the last year it has been lic & registered but only driven once a week aprox 3-10 miles to keep it moving. Now im not naive or chasing dreams here i know there's no way in hell i'd ever get anywhere close to the investment back, only certain few cars do that and to be quite honest i never had any intention of selling it .. ever . . but you know its funny life happens, i just cant seem to make it work with being active duty military, 3 kids and having a project. i tried trust me i did haha. there has just been soo much time, effort, and ok yea cash invested into this and its really just over 50% complete, the absolute last i want is for it to be just parted and sent on to the scrap pile. Was just kinda hoping to find the enthusiast like me that would love to take this on at this stage of the build. it is late tonite but i wanted to finish the post i will add pics tomorrow. here is some "before and after" pics i took while working on the build. most of these pics are earlier on in the build but can give you an idea for now until i get some more recent pics put up. http://s185.photobucket.com/user/spe...?sort=3&page=1.
    bump!