Thread: 1988 dodge daytona shelby z turbo ll t top car, and 2 1987 turbo parts cars

Mitsu booster

1988 dodge daytona shelby z turbo ll t top car, and 2 1987 turbo parts cars

Date: 14th July 2013
    Username: Moparmat2000
    Full Name:Matt Maloney
    City, State, Zip: Abilene, TX 79606
    Selling or Wanted Price: (15,000 OBO for entire lot, will NOT part out collection buyer takes it all)

Description: After my divorce in 2007 i lost all interest in turbo mopars. they were alway a big thorn in her side maybe not necessarily the cause of my divorce, just too much memories tied up with it all, and i just dont want to deal with em anymore. havent touched any of this stuff since 2007. i kept everything and its all sitting inside storage out of the weather inside my shop to keep it protected except for the 2 parts cars. i got a lot of nos parts, and lots of spare parts. 2 parts cars, a 1987 lebaron turbo l coupe with clear texas title, with all glass ----pit Digital with overhead console it all works, engine has popped headgasket but i drained water n oil, and flushed it all out with fresh oil n filter, has title, good head, good turbo, good wheel bearings, and a newly rebuilt rack n pinion with new rod ends, and a 1987 daytona shelby z turbo ll base with spun rod bearing with bill of sale good for parts only , and my 88 daytona shelby i was starting to restore that has carroll shelbys signature on the valve cover, and on the glove box door. shelby Z also texas salvage title, not hard to make it a normal title tho, body on this one has zero rust, and is solid. spent its whole life in dry as a bone west texas.

this car is quite special as it is one of 290 shelbys made with daytona blue metallic pearlcoat paint. this was extra cost shelby only. it is also documented in chryslers historical archives to be 1 of 25 built this color with the T bar roof option, it also has the infinity ll sound with cassette and seperate CD player. it also has an airbag which is rare for 1988 production as it was phased in at the end of the year approximately 1600 daytonas of all type at the end of 1988 were so equipped leading into 1989. this is probably a 1 of 1 car, and deserves to be restored. the body has NO rust, and has been stored indoors since 1999. i have the factory service manuals for 87 and 88 FWD mopar to go with everything, as well as factory paper parts books for 87 and 88 that go with it as well.

i have the numbers matching engine, but not the transmission. i also have a fully rebuilt A555 with all new gears bearings and other parts. $1200 in the transmission alone. i have $2500 invested in a 1987 2.2 turbo ll engine with all the goodies, you would have to call me on it as theres too much done to it to list prob about 300HP, its never been installed or run in a car since its been put together. i completely restored the engine harness for this car. its unique as its a 1988 turbo ll motor compartment harness for a daytona with airbag. 2 spare A555s, one additional spare A555 in the shelby z parts car. so 4 transaxles total, several spare axles, K frames, body sheetmetal and plastic parts, one brand new NOS 1987/1988 shelby z chin spoiler these are made of unobtanium now, interior parts, several 88 turbo ll SMECs one with Mopar Performance programming, one with a socketed eprom and spare programmed chips. brand new A/C lines, prob a dozen spare trip computers, restored turbo ll radiator, several spare turbo ll radiators, a newly restored engine vaccuum harness, stock plastic type. all new t top rubber parts and pieces to restore the t top, spare glass, 2 spare sets of t tops , 2 spare rear disc brake axles. i think 10 daytona shelby aluminum rims, all new polybushings by john spiva motor mounts, and solid adjustable bobble strut, polybushings rear panhard rod bushings, and polybushings rear swingarm bushings. new turbo intercooler hoses, new preformed mopar heater hoses, turbo ll specific heater control valves, several used, 2 brand new mopar, new turn signal lenses front and side, shelby decals, under hood vaccuum routing decals, new exterior door handles for illuminated entry option, new door locks for illuminated entry option, spare relays for illuminated entry along with the stub harnesses for doors for this, spare airbags, 2 spare steering columns, spare consoles, new console lid correct color grey, new clutch cable, new shifter cables, rebuilt heater and A/C box rebuilt steering column. rebuilt front struts, new front wheel bearings, rebuilt front brake calipers, new pair of bendix rear discs, new centerforce clutch, and spare flywheels, new stainless steel brake hoses, my reciepts for the NOS parts alone i believe added up to $10,000 by themselves. it comes with a good cloth interior, new headliner, freshly stitched sun visors that match the headliner, a repop set of t top bags, and a good spare set of cloth enthusiast seats that have perfect upholstery. i also have a complete set of factory chrysler service manuals for 1987, and for 1988, along with a set of complete parts books for 1988. lots of stuff, im sure i missed something. all new parts either aftermarket or factory mopar NOS are still in the boxes. an exellent condition set of grey cloth enthusiast buckets. these have been shampooed, thoroughly dried, and wrapped in plastic for the last 10 years.

the 2 turbo engines i have are on nicely made welded 4 wheeled engine storage dollys i built, that allow the engine to be stored with the clutch still attached. they were made for 2.2 pre common block. i also have 2 more turbo engines in both parts cars which are complete. i have some chrysler FWD specific tools homemade and bought i will throw in with this deal, and the daytonas front is mounted to a powdercoated swivel castored cradle attached to where the K frame is supposed to mount. nice tool to have to move the car around when front suspension clip is removed.

theres a lot of parts here, 2 parts cars, and one car that should be restored, but my hearts not in it anymore. you will need a bunch of pickups and flat bed trailers to haul it all off, im not interested in piecing it out one part at a time, just want to sell the whole lot at one time. id like to get $15,000 or best offer for the whole deal. if you and your friends want to do this then part everything out and scatter it to the 4 winds, that would be your decision. i just dont want to know about it if thats what you decide to do if y'all want it. id prefer not to know as it took me 10 years and a lot of work to accumulate.

i really want out of this, id like to keep the parts together that need to be together for the 88 shelbys restoration which is why i want to sell everything as one lot. one of you may want to restore it. these cars are never seen on the road anymore making it a pretty rare car to begin with , and even rarer once you figure the way it was optioned out. im asking $15k for all of it, and its an awful lot of parts, make me a reasonable offer, but no joke you will need lots of pickups, and 3 flat bed trailers to haul it all off. maybe a couple of y'all can purchase the entire lot, and seperate it out once it leaves my property.

my email address is moparmat2000@aol.com

or call me in the evenings after 7 pm at (325) 829 8800
    Last edited by Moparmat2000; 07-14-2013 at 08:08 PM.