Thread: 88 daytona shelby z 14 years of sitting

Mitsu booster

88 daytona shelby z 14 years of sitting

After 14 years of neglect I decided to fix my dads mistake of ever letting the Daytona sit so i flushed fuel lines cleaned the tank and replaced the pump and she fired right up so changed the oil and is running pretty smooth except for a light miss here and there probably needs New plugs... Turbo spools still lol that's good how well it spools well that's to be tested in a couple of weeks

turbo addict

Re: 88 daytona shelby z 14 years of sitting

14 years?

Id take a close look at all the rubber fuel hoses before it cataches fire.
    1988 Lancer Shelby 2.2TII 1989 Shadow ES 2.5TI 1992 Lebaron Sedan 3.0Auto 1993 Acclaim 2.5TI-A520 Hoard parts now!

turbo addict

I'd replace all the rubber fuel hose, flush the cooling system, replace the hoses, and inspect the belts; especially the timing belt.

turbo addict

Use fuel injection hose only.

Mitsu booster

The timing belt has been checked, fuel hose isnt dry rotted shockingly not even sure how they arent but they will be replaced asap actually plan on doing al the lines I can until driveable. Has a light valve chatter that wasn't there when it was parked it has oil pressure but the gauge isnt showing anything at all? There is also a light miss possibly plug wires? Thanks for the tips! I can not wait to get it on the road, but I am taking my time no need to rush I have a dd 98 contour svt, I like the daytona more though.

- - - Updated - - -

http://s1360.photobucket.com/user/tr...70747066702641 link to a pic of the daytona

turbo addict

The problem with the hose is it will deteriorate from the inside. This will cause it to blow up like a balloon from the pressure and pop. It's cheap insurance against either an underhood fire, or being stranded on the highway if a hose by the tank goes.

Mitsu booster

Quote Originally Posted by moparman76_69 View Post
    The problem with the hose is it will deteriorate from the inside. This will cause it to blow up like a balloon from the pressure and pop. It's cheap insurance against either an underhood fire, or being stranded on the highway if a hose by the tank goes.
    very valid point you make and I will make sure to do that most likely this week if I get the time car is 15 minutes from my house a bit of an inconvinience haha oh well though its in a dry place. This next two or three weeks is gonna be a very labor intense time. It has a boost gauge in it factory , but was added from another not sure what it takes to hook it up. I dig the factory look though.